FMIC Help/pics/advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC Help/pics/advice
Need a bit of help deciding on what intercooler kit to get, pictures of routes and general advice. Gonna be doing this in september after i get back from olympics, im in the process of buying the parts now.

Which of These kits am i going to find most useful? I want to use 2.25" pipework

Im not going to run any fans with my setup and will remove as much of the ac i can without having to spend much cash on it.

How do you keep the IC in place? Does it bolt in somewhere?

How have people routed the system. Pics would be a great help here, want to have it as straight as possible.

Links to any other parts/items needed is appreciated too!

Cheers! Sean
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 07:50 PM)sean-306 Wrote: Need a bit of help deciding on what intercooler kit to get, pictures of routes and general advice. Gonna be doing this in september after i get back from olympics, im in the process of buying the parts now.

Which of These kits am i going to find most useful? I want to use 2.25" pipework

The one with the parts that will match your intercooler routing. Only you know how you're going to route it, so only you can answer that question.

Im not going to run any fans with my setup and will remove as much of the ac i can without having to spend much cash on it.

How do you keep the IC in place? Does it bolt in somewhere?

Yes, you will need to bolt it to something to keep it in place. Make your own brackets.

How have people routed the system. Pics would be a great help here, want to have it as straight as possible.

Links to any other parts/items needed is appreciated too!

Cheers! Sean

Not being funny mate, but the only way to work it out is to get outside and have a look yourself. There's a couple of threads in the guide section that will help you out, and there's several projects with pictures of FMIC set-ups, just need to do some reading around, all the information is already freely available.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Has any one else noticed the prices of some of these kits?? £800+ defo gota be a fook up there surely..... Im considering same sort of thing for my set up with the 406 bottom pipe and inlet elbow and the top pipe to (trying to make it look as standard as poss)

Thanks given by:
Sean, have a look at my old hdi project thread! I I've got pics of when I did it and the route I took
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: