FMIC set up help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC set up help
Got all my pipes this morning Smile and going to fit it tomorrow but just want to check something 1st, is their a certain way the pipes have to go in the ends of the intercooler or does it not matter (turbo pipe on the right and inlet in the left)?
Thanks given by:
Doesn't make any difference
Thanks given by:
Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Oh. But what about the one way butterfly valve in te inter cooler ninja
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
How do I find that out?
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 05:02 PM)ANTB1986 Wrote: How do I find that out?

Ignore the Troll Itwasntme
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Was that a joke lol
Thanks given by:
Well jokes are suposed to be funny so i wouldnt say that lol lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
And another quick one, can you get gti interior in 5 door?
Thanks given by:
Not without a fair amount of work to make it fit, particularly on the rear bench, and obviously the door cards would never work lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
has anyone got any good guides? found a mint one before on tdocuk.com but cant find it now. had loads of pics aswel Sad
Thanks given by:
Don't remember seeing one anywhere, only thing i can suggest is having a good look through all the guide sections on the various forums.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
done 3/4 of the intercooler today and i have removed the A/C but when i was cutting though the pipes their was yellow liquid coming out.....not much but what is that???????????
Thanks given by:
The 3dr seats will bolt in near enoug..you just have to cut a few bits off the 5dr subframes and mount them to the 3door seats. It will all bolt up then, but it does leave them sitting about an inch higher..further modification is needed to make them sit the same height.

As for you a/c unit, not a clue what the liquid would be, but could it be the cooling liquid, I'm guessing it won't matter though if you've cut through it I'm guessing your getting rid of it!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
no its not the cooling liquid as the pipes i cut went into the the A/C. yeah its in the bin Smile
Thanks given by:
Can you just remove the ac pipework and leave the compressor?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Is the compressor the thing at the bottom on the left side with 2 all pipes going into it? One goes into the a/c on the right then the other one goes all the way round the engine bay and stops at the top on the right hand side? Well iv cut them anyway lol and had about a table spoon of yellow liquid come out and shitting myself coz I don't know what it is......sure it's not brake liquid coz their would of been more than that come out wouldn't their?????
Thanks given by:
Iv got a intercooler here that looks to be a directional one,
Thanks given by:
The yellow liquid is just dye put in the aircon system to diagnose leaks - nothing to worry about, just don't get it on your clothes! The compressor is the cylinder between the radiator and the block with aircon pipes going into it. Don't know who told you it was brake fluid, but they're a mong lol, aircon has absolutely nothing to do with the brakes.

You could leave the compressor in, don't really see the point though. All you need to remove it is undo the four bolts and put on a new aux belt (Gates part no. 6PK1175).

Pics Daniel? Never seen one before, be interested in having a look.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 03:46 PM)Poodle Wrote: You could leave the compressor in, don't really see the point though. All you need to remove it is undo the four bolts and put on a new aux belt (Gates part no. 6PK1165).

Is it literally just the shorter belt re-routed on the existing pulleys? I thought it was the case but couldn't find the thread and can just remember a picture of a new routing for the pulley which was quite different to original.

Dumping the AC compressor and all associated junk does make a lot of sense, it has to weigh quite a bit and considering it very very rarely works it's just dead weight.

Do the same with the EGR, and take the spare wheel out (and frame) and replace with a squirty foam and you are down under 1090kg or so Big Grin

Long trip and you can still fire a full size spare in the boot. Anyone with a HDi will know that you can drive 'ok' on a flat rear if your tyres have half decent sidewalls so worst case is you swap a punctured front to back, squirty foam it and then see how you go Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
As above, and obviously the weight is being taken from the very front of the car so you will feel the difference in handling.

There is a pic of the belt routing somewhere, cant remember where... Will be pulling my engine soon so will get a shot of it. Theres only one routing where that belt fits snugly anywho, so shouldnt be too hard to figure out.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fitting the MBC later after work and does anyone know how much boost I can give with before it hits the ecu limp mode? Not getting it remapped till the end of next month.
Thanks given by:
You could run 100psi, it won't go into limp mode because the engine doesn't 'see' boost as such, although on a standard turbo i wouldn't push it much past 20 psi as it's already out of it's efficiency by then
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Iv seen people running 26 on a standard turbo
Thanks given by:
Feel free running it at 26psi but chances are it won't last too long, like i said past 20psi it's well out of it's efficiency then anyways so instead of it giving you more power it'll just be giving you more heat! My old HDi made 155bhp and 270 lbft with 19psi of boost... Dum-Dum's old estate made 163bhp on 17.5 psi IIRC.. more psi doesn't necessarily mean more power Wink
Thanks given by:
I believe you pal just saying what iv seen that's all mate.
Thanks given by:
That's fair enough, i was just explaining why it was a bad idea
Thanks given by:
Stick to 19 Smile mine is running 14 psi now and I havnt even done anythin to it. Iv got the boost gauge mounted on the inlet elbow....do you think it's giving me a bad reading?
Thanks given by:
14-15psi is standard spec, would be concerned if it was anything less. The inlet elbow is the ideal place to have it really.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good news then. Tried having a go at the MBC and not a chance lol anyone done one before on a hdi or wants to make themselves abit of £'s. Need it done soon as.
Thanks given by: