Uprated leak off pipes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uprated leak off pipes?
My leak off pipes for the injectors have started splitting. Today I trimmed four ends off temporarily as diesel/veg was literally dripping into a puddle over night.

Can anyone recommend any slightly better quality ones through eBay or whatever?

They've only been on the car since 26/10/2011 so seems the cheapo eBay ones I currently have aren't up for the job!

Any help appreciated!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
buy it from local motor factors and cut to size you may find the kits are slightly shorter so puts stress on them so you can route them better i get the rubber with like a braid finish to it, cheap as chips from your local place and use a bolt in the blank end
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meh, may well have to. Don't suppose anyone remembers the size piping?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I used 3mm for mine and has done it a treat.

Darren
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you didnt use fuel rated ones? I never have issues with mine and always reuse..
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
3mm? Cheers Darren. Smile

(22-07-2012, 10:52 PM)Dave Wrote: Sounds like you didnt use fuel rated ones? I never have issues with mine and always reuse..

Dunno to be honest Dave, bought them off eBay when Lobb did my Bosch conversion. Pretty sure I went for cheapest ones I could and can't remember any spec.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
there's some stainless steel braided hose for £4.49 on flebay nut that's for half meter
Thanks given by:
Why you would get uprated leak offs I dont know, its not something that would provide any benefit
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 08:54 PM)Dave Wrote: Why you would get uprated leak offs I dont know, its not something that would provide any benefit

^^ what he said! and Dave, please remove that speedtest from your sig, its depressing me!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 09:26 PM)mark_airey Wrote:
(25-07-2012, 08:54 PM)Dave Wrote: Why you would get uprated leak offs I dont know, its not something that would provide any benefit

^^ what he said! and Dave, please remove that speedtest from your sig, its depressing me!

I find the cheap braided ones need replacing often, id be interested in a decent set just so I don't have to keep faffing with them.
Thanks given by:
I replaced one set when I fitted my bosch setup as I figured it made sense, and since then they have been removed and re-fitted for 2 engine changes and 2 head swaps, still re-using the same ones, no leaks, no issues........................
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Maybe I'm just unlucky or they weren't fuel rated (but I'm sure they are).

Got some new ones which are diesel/fuel rated from my local motor store. Should be all right!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Any final on this?? i'm looking to buy some and also bought the cheap braided ones, and have last about 3k before giving up the battle.

are there any decent parts on eGay?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Hydraulics place.... like £0.79 a metre.... and its been fine for like 3 years with many injecotr changes....
Thanks given by:
Hydraulics place? is this the same place you linked to someone about airintake parts on a different thread??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Halfords sell 1m length with 2 block off caps for a couple of quid, they seem to be fine!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,863 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug
  Leak off pipes Check30 2 1,014 04-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Check30