speedo not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speedo not working
hi guys looking at a 1997 306 d turbo and the speedo isnt working but the other dials are. should this be easily sorted? think they said the sensor has already been replaced

cheers
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 11:31 PM)rd070707 Wrote: hi guys looking at a 1997 306 d turbo and the speedo isnt working but the other dials are. should this be easily sorted? think they said the sensor has already been replaced

cheers

If they said the sensor has been replaced the chances are that the sensor hasnt been put in far enough or has been put in too far,
Jack the car up and support it with a stand, look up back of gearbox and you will see the wire and sensor head held in by a clamp and 10mm bolt,
you want to take it out and inspect the head if its been pushed too far it will be sheered off and need replacing, otherwise push right in and pull out a tad so it isnt sitting on the flywheel.

this should hopefully sort your problem if not PM me and i have a spare sensor

also check the connection where the sensor connect to the main wirring grey plug iir ive had this become lose in the past

Hope this helps
CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so would it put you off buying it? whats the worst case scenario to get it fixed or should it be easy sorted? im thinking cause the other dials work it wont be the clocks
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's not a hard job to swap the sensor over for a working one. Just make sure the cars jacked up high and you have a ratchet 10mm spanner. Otherwise it'll take probably an hour of fannying around with a standard 10mm.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Dont let it put you off its only a simple task, could also be clocks but they even cheaper to get than a sensor lol
Thanks given by:
i had the same problem and it was down to a fuse! so first port of call is check the fuses.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 07:33 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(19-07-2012, 11:31 PM)rd070707 Wrote: hi guys looking at a 1997 306 d turbo and the speedo isnt working but the other dials are. should this be easily sorted? think they said the sensor has already been replaced

cheers

If they said the sensor has been replaced the chances are that the sensor hasnt been put in far enough or has been put in too far,
Jack the car up and support it with a stand, look up back of gearbox and you will see the wire and sensor head held in by a clamp and 10mm bolt,
you want to take it out and inspect the head if its been pushed too far it will be sheered off and need replacing, otherwise push right in and pull out a tad so it isnt sitting on the flywheel.

also check the connection where the sensor connect to the main wirring grey plug iir ive had this become lose in the past

Hope this helps
CJ

That's the rev counter sensor you're on about. lol
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 04:38 PM)me-tm Wrote:
(20-07-2012, 07:33 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:

cheers

Hope this helps
CJ

That's the rev counter sensor you're on about. lol

Yes mate thats the sensor but it might not have been done correctly it would be worth a check to see how close it is to fly as im sure it has to be a certain distance to pickup the flywheel

CJ
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speedo not working correctly E_KEL95 6 1,350 13-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: E_KEL95