Engine going into rebuilders tomorrow.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine going into rebuilders tomorrow.....
Dropping my spare engine off at the machine shop tomorrow.

First thing they are going to do is strip it and do a quick report.

Just wanted to go armed with a list of things I want doing, so any suggestions are welcomed!

So far I'm thinking:

Honing and Reboring
Hdi rods, hdi main bearing shells
Fresh piston rings, 0.2mm off the pistons
Engine balance
Lightened flywheel

Then I've got my brand new head which I want porting/polishing then fitting with a decent head gasket and some uprated head bolts

Anybody suggest anything else?

Obviously this will be then mated to my hybrid t25, 11mm frankenpump and perhaps a 1.8td 205 box. And a front mount
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother skimming the pistons with all the trouble that has been causing people recently with lack of power and shitty running!! Its not worth the hassle!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Thicker head gasket then? Or thinner to reduce risk of blowing it?
Thanks given by:
Balanced bottom end
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Balance crank flywheel and rods and pistons,

Think i noticed Darren mention in another thread its not worth whipping pistons down as it causes problems, just get a good quality gasket and thicker the better IMO

Can look into bigger valves, high lift cam, gas flowed head new cam seals etc

Think ARP studs and nuts are what some use there may be a thread Ruan did about making your own

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 12:41 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Balance crank flywheel and rods and pistons,

Think i noticed Darren mention in another thread its not worth whipping pistons down as it causes problems, just get a good quality gasket and thicker the better IMO

Can look into bigger valves, high lift cam, gas flowed head new cam seals etc

Think ARP studs and nuts are what some use there may be a thread Ruan did about making your own

CJ

Cams won't do much iirc they're not holding it back, same with the head

ARP head studs will just stop head lift to stop the worry :-) I'm sure than will be along soon to give a huuuge list
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Id do as you listed, only leave the pistons alone, and just use a standard 3 notch VR gasket, unless you planning on running chronic ammounts of boost / power id leave the CR alone, as otherwise it just makes it a biatch when its cold / looses you power in general except chronic top end...

Deffo get it balanced, flywheel meh, probs wont notice it, but if its cheap enough get er done I guess...deffo dont bother with cam eta, only other upgrades worth doing are the head studs and clutch....as both of those can be a weak link when pushed...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm planning to drill out the head studs to 14mm and using 12.9 cap screws at a fraction on arp
Thanks given by:

Engine ready to go. Will have to make sure I've got my strong head on in the morning
Thanks given by:
why are you not doing it your self?
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 05:52 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: why are you not doing it your self?

Don't have the time or patience
Thanks given by:
if you had all the parts it would only take few hours
Thanks given by:
And save you a few quid
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sam give me a ring at some point.

James
Thanks given by: