Murked Off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murked Off
Im very confused...

on the way home i found a stupidly low white 106 with gti spoiler and body kit etc. Had a bit of a play and then we both turned onto a private run way. On the private run way i pulled away quickly in second, missed third, 106 pulled level and then as soon as i found 3rd i was straight out infront.

Pulled off the private runway and into tesco and had a chat with him and his passenger. He said ahhh i was keeping up with you and its a 1.1... apparently he was 17 with 6 points and insurance was 3.5k. Apparently he had a gti body kit fitted.

Now... firstly... a 1.1 puts out 59Hp and im putting out about 120hp so even if it was stupidly stripped it surely couldnt keep up? Mine has the rear seats removed and a halfords tool kit in the back so im not exactly running heavy.

Im not exactly a slow driver so what do we reckon? Is he lying because his gti lost? was it a 1.1 and the weight makes 60hp of difference? or am i missing something? D:
Thanks given by:
Your car. It is shit. That is all
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds about right to me
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
IMO! Lying Bellend...

That is all
Thanks given by:
106's weigh a good 400kg less than a 306, although the 1.1's really aren't very quick, like you say it has half the hp. I would have just reg checked it to see what it has...
Thanks given by:
If it was a GTi you'd have had trouble keeping up with him, especially if it was stripped.

I know, I know, you had the back seats down, so that gave you a definite advantage, but he probably had a magic tree which counter-acted it.
Thanks given by:
When i had my metro with the 1.1 in that was stripped out and that showed some bigger engine'd cars up on a private runway obv.

Never under estimate a tin shed especially with nothing in them!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Hunt him down do a reg check
Thanks given by:
yeh it wasnt stripped though. it was standard inside! I was hoping to get the plate once i had left the store but he had already gone Sad he did have a 106owners sticker on so if i have some free time i may do some trawling! if anyone wants to waste time then feel free!

it was a white 106 with gti kit, stupidly low, meh aftermarket alloys, smooth bonnet and angels.
Thanks given by:
Already looked on 106oc, nothing in the car chat or lounge folders. Didn't look anywhere else.
Thanks given by:
It was probly a 1.1 and ur shit driving let him keep up with you :p
Thanks given by:
I missed a gear on the traffic light grand prix once, stuck it in 5th instead of 3rd Doh
Thanks given by:
To be fair if you was leaving him till you couldn't find 3rd your car would of instantly slowed Down till you found 3rd so maybe he does have a 1.1 but he kept up for while you car was slowing down.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 10:31 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: To be fair if you was leaving him till you couldn't find 3rd your car would of instantly slowed Down till you found 3rd so maybe he does have a 1.1 but he kept up for while you car was slowing down.

yeh i reckon its this. he was dissappearing as i got to 6k in second and then i missed 3rd and found it. it was only that point where he drew level. Hmmm yet another reason to sort out my properly stupid quick shift D:

ive looked at 8 pages and searched on 106oc and havent found anything!
Thanks given by:
Sam, please stop farting around with that 1.8 and buy a 306 with a proper engine.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 11:27 PM)Dan! Wrote: Sam, please stop farting around with that 1.8 and buy a 306 with a proper engine.

Yes get your estate on the road :p
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's a step in the right direction - but a HDi is still not a proper engine....
Thanks given by:
dude, a 106 gti would have raped you all the way...

more power, and less weight
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Having had a 106 GTI, it would have destroyed you, mine would stay level with a '6 until 60-70...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
no way it was a gti. it would ra*e a 1.8 hands down. it could of been a 1.4 but chancea are it was a 1.1 from what you discribed

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
You've been had! The gfs 1.0 Saxo would always be quicker than my 1.6. Used to annoy the f*ck out of me!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Them 106s are nippy for what they are. My old 1.0 used to keep up with grants 1.8 vectra with ease and would quite happily out do most 1.4s.
If it was a gti replica, it was probably a quicksilver to start with which is a 1.4. Fitting the gti body kits to the pov spec models wasnt too easy.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sam my NAD could have your 1.8!! Tongue It looks good and sounds awesome, it just don't move as quick as it sounds. Sad

I dont know anyone round here with a white 1.1 106 on 106oc, I know a rallye and a couple of GTis though. Tbf it probably was a quikky, theyre surprisingly nippy as they weigh feckall, no top end though, so you shoulda kept going. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Will have been a 1.1...unlucky heh...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 11:53 PM)Dan! Wrote: It's a step in the right direction - but a HDi is still not a proper engine....

Agreed, this is a proper engine......

[Image: aston-martin-v12-vantage.jpg]

Probably better on fuel than a 1.8 too. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
[Image: a4067156-85-big-engine.jpg?d=1307484144]

this is a man sized engine...
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I can see a slight issue with that though...........
Thanks given by:
I'd say you've been dicked; 106's arnt too shabby. I struggle keeping with 'decnt' gti's. Off the lights I can pull away, but as soon as they hit higher revs, that's it..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
How do you pull away from the lights quickly in a diesel Ginge?? Confused

Turbo lag and a shit 1st gear seem to make deisels rubbish from a standing start, I certainly cant keep up with sams 1.8 from standstill, until I hit boost in third and catch up pretty quickly and fly straight past anyway lol...... But yeah, traffic lights and roundabouts annoy me in the diesel!!
Thanks given by:
yeah but Ginge has like no turbo lag, I've been in it, pulls off the line verry well indeed
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by: