Mondeo Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mondeo Help!
ok guys bit of opinions and advice needed. Basically my dads 2006 2.2tdci mondeo with 137k on the clocks has had the clutch start to go however by pushing it into gear it seems to have done more damage....

first was the clutch and flywheel which we were quoted 1400 to fix....
then on further inspections something had gone through the gearbox so the final quote is now.... Get ready.... 3800!!!

basically we think the car would have been worth 5k as it was in mint condition otherwise .

thoughts? the garage man said to have a good think over wether to do the work or not. A 2008 mondeo on sub 100k is about 7k or a 2001 Monroe is one and a half grand. Basically he definitely wants a mondeo!
Thanks given by:
Where the hell quoted him that, the main dealer?! :O

Low mileage engine - £1000

+ fitting, £1000? Thats still nearly half price what your dads been quoted lol
Thanks given by:
yep john grose... He likes doing things properly.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Where the hell quoted him that, the main dealer?! :O

Low mileage engine - £1000

+ fitting, £1000? Thats still nearly half price what your dads been quoted lol

also the engine is fine its just the clutch and gearbox which doesn't appear to be included in that listing :-(
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I think that may be where the problem is. I know newer cars are more expensive to replace parts on and work on, but id expect a quote for that to be more like £1000 for parts + labour really, £3800 is daylight robbery....
Thanks given by:
Should be half that for a clutch and gearbox at most!
Thanks given by:
My dad got a 2006 Mondeo ST TDCI estate at the weekend, 110k and it was up for £5k from a dealer. Yours would most likely be worth less due to the mileage, seen some around £4k.
Thanks given by:
apparently its 385 labour to fit the parts so.... That's like over 3 brands worth of parts. I think because they are a ford dealer they will only fit ford parts which they are massively marking up and puttting vat on top. Found stuff on ebay so got to ask them if they will fit parts that we buy and then ask them to fit. Its ridiculous the amount of money for genuine parts new...
Thanks given by:
How much is it valued on the insurance? :ph34r:
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:How much is it valued on the insurance? :ph34r:

Lol ninja

If it were me I'd go to a different garage. May aswell take your own lube for that price
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:May aswell take your own lube for that price

For that price, lube better be included!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
down to 3300 now but apparently its going to take 2 weeks. Apparently nobody stocks the gearbox and they just come out of the factory when needed :-(

good thing is because its two weeks the 1.4 is getting taxed and tested and back on the road as a temporary car :-P
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mondeo speedo lights pug306driver 2 1,013 20-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: pug306driver