XUD Help/favour required!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD Help/favour required!
Not so much help as a favour...the service is due on my car and was just wondering how much engine oil I need to stick in as will be doing the service myself (not got dirty for a while!) if anyone can help me with this that would be great!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
roughly about 4 litres irrc
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Think the ally sump hold 4.2, and steel is 4.5? something like that...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think so, when i serviced my sisters dt, i stuck in 3.5 litres, then topped it up on the dipstick
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Use ya dipstick Smile put about 3L in and run for couple mins let it settle and top up as necessary Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 12:49 PM)Dave Wrote: Think the ally sump hold 4.2, and steel is 4.5? something like that...

What Dave said.

I normally use the 4 litre Castrol GTX and just put the whole thing. Then check it as you normally would. It won't be completely full but it'll be close and saves f*cking about.
Thanks given by:
Exactly 5.0 litres for the steel sump including oil filter.

That's why it seriously pisses me off that castrol sell it in 4.0 litre containers. 22 quid for 4 litres 12 quid for one litre... They KNOW that almost every 1.6-2.3l passenger car needs about 5l... They are absolute f*ckers... Not to mention castrol oil is bigged up but in reality is wank...

If you tune your car past stage 1 or 2 ish, I wouldn't use anything but Gulf Competition 10w/40, its fully ester synthetic, none of this 'Fully Synthetic' but in reality the base stock is mineral... It's not horribly expensive and its got very good detergents... I've ran it for 20k miles at around 180hp, and everything inside the engine looks very good considering the abuse I give it... People assume its an old diesel so it doesn't need good oil... Of anything they need better oil than most, which is proven imho by the 6k mile service interval, which I now do at 4k...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Mine oil gets changed when I change the engine
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 04:03 PM)Dave Wrote: Mine oil gets changed when I change the engine

Every week then Wink haha.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by: