Rail Rant!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rail Rant!
I hate f*cking trains, they cause more hassle than they are worth!

This morning I got to my usual station and had to buy a ticket (I usually have a 4 week pass but its the last week so just buying a ticket a day), so get in line at the ticket office. Theres a que and before I get there the train come, so not wanting to be late I just go jump on it knowing you can buy a ticket at the barriers in Birmingham.

Oh how I was apprently wrong, I get there an apprently I have to pay a penalty fare for traveling without a ticket. What the f*ck ... seriously the guy could have just let my buy a sodding ticket there and then, instead he fines me £20. On top of that I don't even get a bloody return so I'll have to buy another ticket later, pfft.

/rant
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
I feel your pain, i hate trains, as well! Especially for commuting, they're full of smelly ppl, it's a rare event to find a nice member of staff, and they're overpriced for what you get! Cars ftw!
Thanks given by:
MrsMoonstone Wrote:I feel your pain, i hate trains, as well! Especially for commuting, they're full of smelly ppl, it's a rare event to find a nice member of staff, and they're overpriced for what you get! Cars ftw!

Aye, always overcrowded as well. Usually don't get a seat, and now its going up again in Jan to £70 for 4 weeks train journey! Pfft
Thanks given by:
If the guy on whatever train i'm on can't sell a ticket then i just grab the train number off the back of the train, tell the guy at the gates and he lets me though to buy a ticket. (Bare in mind i get on at one stop, get off at the next, grab a coffee and get back on the next train) Then i carry on with my journey, coffee in hand. Large Mint Mocha usually, it's like drinking a Hot 'After Eight'

I'd be pissed if they ever gave me a penalty fare considering i make the effort to walk from one end to the other of a jam packed train to find the Guard to buy a ticket from.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Wtaf! I alway thought you could either buy a ticket from the guy on the train or at the other end?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
its because they were privatised ages ago. If it was a public service it would be cheaper because there wouldn't be the need to make a profit.
Thanks given by:
A lot of the problem is the over-strong unions, a lot of them seem to think they can get away with being arseholes as a result and their crazy pay jacks the price up.

Nothing wrong with privatisation, this is just privatisation gone wrong.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:A lot of the problem is the over-strong unions, a lot of them seem to think they can get away with being arseholes as a result and their crazy pay jacks the price up.

Nothing wrong with privatisation, this is just privatisation gone wrong.

This

It just seems to be the attitude of unions now days that they think they should get lots more for not doing any more work. Takes the piss if you ask me!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Aye some of the unions are stupid at the moment 'I want to do less work for more money'.

To be fair its all about the twunt at the barriers ... I've done it before when I forgot my pass and got on the train and had to buy a ticket at the barrier, I don't see why this is any different.

Well I at least got some of it back as I went for a drink after work and got the train back without paying ... nowhere near £20 worth, but a little bit back *sigh*
Thanks given by:
I use the trains for Uni and while they are mostly on time they are over priced for what they are. For instance, a return ticket to travel 40 miles in the same county costs £21.70 without a rail card and £14.35 with a railcard. Still overpriced somewhat. If you want to be clever though you can buy an open return and then use it for a whole month as long as you dissaude the ticket master from marking it. Or you can stay in the toilet when he comes round and unless he's got the memory of a super computer he won't notice that you have appeared on his way back. Some people try to be clever by getting through when the barriers are open but that shit doesn't really work as when the barriers are open there are inspectors on the train and when they are closed you are limited to the stations without barriers that you can get off at.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:I use the trains for Uni and while they are mostly on time they are over priced for what they are. For instance, a return ticket to travel 40 miles in the same county costs £21.70 without a rail card and £14.35 with a railcard. Still overpriced somewhat. If you want to be clever though you can buy an open return and then use it for a whole month as long as you dissaude the ticket master from marking it. Or you can stay in the toilet when he comes round and unless he's got the memory of a super computer he won't notice that you have appeared on his way back. Some people try to be clever by getting through when the barriers are open but that shit doesn't really work as when the barriers are open there are inspectors on the train and when they are closed you are limited to the stations without barriers that you can get off at.

Stop not trolling please, its not funny when youre not trolling
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by: