Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sry if my choice offends you.i am for real just wntd more power yes its not Peugeot but neither is my exhaust seats rims coilovers does this offend to
Thanks given by:
The 406 3.0 v6 engine is 200bhp standard or you could go for the 210bhp version but is multiplex loom so will be standalone ecu would be a easyer conversion Smile
Thanks given by:
My m8 m8 doin full conversion for 2500 3.0 Peugeot is cheapest 5500 it just makes sense to me thts extra money into the car
Thanks given by:
Surely there would be more work involved with fitting the engine ur thinking of fitting than there would the 406 v6 you can buy every think thats needed to do tho 406 v6 conversion for around 300 on ebay Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2012, 08:26 PM)hakey Wrote: Sry if my choice offends you.i am for real just wntd more power yes its not Peugeot but neither is my exhaust seats rims coilovers does this offend to

I didnt mean it like that, It just seems to me like you dont no an awful lot about cars on the macanical side of things, (not trying to offend here BTW) but all of a sudden with very little research on whats avalible / what can be done / what power gains you can get from what, you have booked you car in for a conversion that is going to cost stacks of money, and only going to give 190 somthing BHP, it just seemed a little odd when you could get so much more for your money. Now the point to this is with all forums you get a lot of trolls who are out to have a laugh at the forums expense i just couldnt work out if this was serious or not? do you see where im coming from, I didnt mean to offend in any way and what you want to do is up to you. I just couldnt work it out was all. Im sorry if it seemed like i was being a prick

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
This bloke is a Vauxhall ford does corsas all the time and iv got a writen quote of full work.im not mechanical at all but 1 thing I do no this bloke is mental he has 3.7 4wd turbo citreon ax,a 3.2 omega engines dawoo matiz.i thought id ask him and he has the car for 4 months but says role in and out for 3k cheaper.i do c wot U mean tho but I am honest and not very patient got offered a deal and do it.i can only manage a air filter change lol.i apologize for my comments b4
Thanks given by:
Well make sure you get a project thread up and keep us all informed of the progress wiv pics Smile
Thanks given by:
I tried adding 1 but on my fone it won't let me browse or add pictures I'll keep tryin

IV tried but will keep tryin won't let me load pics on my fone
Thanks given by:
Seems a bloody wierd thing to do when the 406 V6 can be bought for peanuts, makes more power, and drops in far easier....
Thanks given by:
It probably can but wen U dnt now how and U have 2 quotes so far apart.would U honestly pay 3k more. I dnt no wot U get from the 3.0 but the 2.5 I can get to 330bhp without turbo

Standard I'll get 197bhp from 2.5 and 200bhp from 3.0 so thts grand extra per horse power extra to me tht makes no sense.
Thanks given by:
What i dont understand is why hes quoted you so much extra to fit the 406 v6 as it will be a easyer conversion. Have u got quotes from other companys?

Give this bloke a call and get him to give you a price Smile
http://www.pug1off.com/peugeot_citroen_s...kley/blog/
Thanks given by:
Where im getting the Vauxhall thts all he doin is Vauxhall and ford engines won't touch Peugeot or and any other. Hell put them engines in any car the Peugeot engine was quoted from pug1off and ecosse.
Thanks given by:
So pug1off quoted you £5500 to do the conversion :o

Also check this out mate c20let 306 Smile
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-talk/...rsion.html
Thanks given by:
Yeah I no thts includin vat
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Smile

That's a lot of money to be honest...you could turbo a GTi-6 and get way more power for a bit more than £2.5k. It's good to see something different, but I can't help but think the guy is recommending the vauxhall conversion just because that's what he knows, rather than it actually being the best option.
Thanks given by:
He may be but I cnt think of any other way sellin my car is not option as money iv spent on this 1. If do gti6 conversion then turbo goin to b stupid money
Thanks given by:
Gti( and engine for your car will be about 350 max. Fitting is easy. You don't need any fabrication. Just a new subframe iirc but they can be had for 20-30 quid. Then the rest is turbo money which isn't as much as you may think!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There are plenty of ways to get more power out of it. Hell, you could stick a Dturbo in it and a big turbo for about 2k less than what he's quoted you, and that will be over 170bhp all day long with 50mpg and enough torque to skin a cat.

A GTi-6 conversion wouldn't cost much, and nor does a decently sized turbo. The expensive bit is fabricating a manifold and buying management and mapping.
Thanks given by:
You don't even need a new subframe, just some holes drilling in the TU one!
Thanks given by:
Is any1 offering as I dnt have a clue I will pay just cnt do any off it myself
Thanks given by:
I don't think many people on here would do the whole thing for you, but if you have somewhere to store the car and engine to do the engine change, I'm sure there are some locals who would be willing to help and go through it with you?
Thanks given by:
If you were local to me i would offer to help you do the conversion but unfortionatly you are quite far away.
Thanks given by:
I wish I had time to do it but unfortunatly not im a lorry driver and enjoy my time off reason I pay to get everything done I do some exterier and interior myself

(18-07-2012, 07:29 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: If you were local to me i would offer to help you do the conversion but unfortionatly you are quite far away.

thanx for tht
Thanks given by:
meh, respect for something different dude.

a '6 conversion is easy, and everyone does it (hell, even im gunna)

nice to see someone try something unique
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 01:23 AM)samass Wrote: meh, respect for something different dude.

a '6 conversion is easy, and everyone does it (hell, even im gunna)

nice to see someone try something unique

thanx
Thanks given by:
Me personally I'd start with a '6 as you're going to need the brakes and suspension off it anyway and you may as well buy a whole car after shelling out for everything else you will need - you can pick one up for about £350 otherwise just stick tb's on the 1.4 and tune the nuts off it with cams, getting the head done and forged rods - you won't be far off cost wise and you will still have a fairly light car and still be in the 1.4 road tax bracket.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 03:55 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Me personally I'd start with a '6 as you're going to need the brakes and suspension off it anyway and you may as well buy a whole car after shelling out for everything else you will need - you can pick one up for about £350 otherwise just stick tb's on the 1.4 and tune the nuts off it with cams, getting the head done and forged rods - you won't be far off cost wise and you will still have a fairly light car and still be in the 1.4 road tax bracket.

its got updated suspension anyway so just brakes which I'll sort gd brakes for sure
Thanks given by:
Your mate should be able to do the pug conversion cheaper than the Vauxhall one as it wont need much custom fabrication. IIRC you can drop it in on standard mounts and shafts.
Thanks given by:
All her does is Vauxhall ford stuff said won't even attempt to try Peugeot wiring
Thanks given by:
Wont attempt pug wiring but is happy to custom make mounts, linkages and drive shafts. WEIRD!

Even if you hate pug wiring a stand alone ECU is £600 so still the better option technically.

Keeping the pug set up on standard mounts also means less points on the DVLA scale for having to get a SVA/IVA done which really would f*ck you over financially as they're about a grand.
Thanks given by: