W*nker!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W*nker!!!
Been doing a job the past couple of days (only another 3 to go Woohoo!!!) which requires a commute to Lincoln every morning to drop a client off...yesterday morning dropped said client off no problems but had to get back for another job with one of my regulars and I have to go over a level crossing, the speed limit on the road is 50 and as I was running late I was using every bit of the speed limit for the road got to the level crossing and obviously hit it a little bit hard as it scraped a bit!

Pulled over to check my under carriage nothing seems amiss get back in the car and struck her up again and I've got a loud rattle which I have pin pointed to being the exhaust. Doesn't seem loose at all but another thing is that when I plant the throttle there seems to be a really loud whooshing noise like air or exhaust gases are escaping...any ideas?

Will be replacing the exhaust soon enough for something a little more special did find a really nice race tube on ebay but they only do it for the hatch not the estate is there any difference I think it only replaces the centre pipe...

EDIT: Clicky...to the race tube.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i have the problem of scrapping over any little bump, i now have a hole in my center box lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Mine doesn't usually scrape though it's been lowered by the previous owner but not a huge deal and it never scrapes it just caught it on the way over the level crossing which is a bit of a dip and then a bit that's raised

Thanks given by:
MY BIANCA DID THIS AND IT SEEMED AS IF IT WAS COMING OFF THE DOWNPIPE OFF THE TURBO, GET HOLD OF THE END OF THE EXHAUST AND WIGGLE IT, AND GET SOMEONE ELSE TO LOOK UNDERNEATH AND AT WHAT POINT IT STOPS MOVING ALL TOGETHER? MINE STARTED DOING IT AFTER I RIPPED MY BACK BOX OFF.

*sorry about caps Sad
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
jack it up and get under it and look then
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 06:19 AM)Joe Wrote: MY BIANCA DID THIS AND IT SEEMED AS IF IT WAS COMING OFF THE DOWNPIPE OFF THE TURBO, GET HOLD OF THE END OF THE EXHAUST AND WIGGLE IT, AND GET SOMEONE ELSE TO LOOK UNDERNEATH AND AT WHAT POINT IT STOPS MOVING ALL TOGETHER? MINE STARTED DOING IT AFTER I RIPPED MY BACK BOX OFF.

*sorry about caps Sad

Angry man!!! Hahahah

My xsi was horrendous for scrapping. And once I put the splitter on it caught everything
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
You were running late, but had time to pull over and check for scrape marks Confused
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 04:25 AM)InkedMuttley Wrote: Been doing a job the past couple of days (only another 3 to go Woohoo!!!) which requires a commute to Lincoln every morning to drop a client off...yesterday morning dropped said client off no problems but had to get back for another job with one of my regulars and I have to go over a level crossing, the speed limit on the road is 50 and as I was running late I was using every bit of the speed limit for the road got to the level crossing and obviously hit it a little bit hard as it scraped a bit!

Pulled over to check my under carriage nothing seems amiss get back in the car and struck her up again and I've got a loud rattle which I have pin pointed to being the exhaust. Doesn't seem loose at all but another thing is that when I plant the throttle there seems to be a really loud whooshing noise like air or exhaust gases are escaping...any ideas?

You sound like a pimp.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 08:09 AM)ginge191 Wrote: You were running late, but had time to pull over and check for scrape marks Confused

No I heard something snap...I thought I'd rather be late than have to pay £xxx for something I'd just broke.

Got it on a mate's ramp today though to check it all out and it seems my exhaust has snapped off at the join of the box it's holding on with literally probably 1-2mm of metal and obviously the hangers...seriously considering ripping the back box off until I can get a new pipe.

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 11:06 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 08:09 AM)ginge191 Wrote: You were running late, but had time to pull over and check for scrape marks Confused

No I heard something snap...I thought I'd rather be late than have to pay £xxx for something I'd just broke.

Got it on a mate's ramp today though to check it all out and it seems my exhaust has snapped off at the join of the box it's holding on with literally probably 1-2mm of metal and obviously the hangers...seriously considering ripping the back box off until I can get a new pipe.
that what i did!
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 11:06 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: ..seriously considering ripping the back box off until I can get a new pipe.

i did this and got a stuppid about of exhaust gasses in the cabin as there was no real exit for the gasses
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
is this the level crossing near wragby by any chance? lol. that ones a bitch. i have some spare exhaust bits if ur after some. dunno about compatibility between hatch and estate like...
Thanks given by:
i think the centre bit is the same but the back section is longer
not 100% on that
i used a centre section and chopped it up to make a rear box Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 10:59 AM)d-jimbo Wrote: is this the level crossing near wragby by any chance? lol. that ones a bitch. i have some spare exhaust bits if ur after some. dunno about compatibility between hatch and estate like...

That would be the one Jimbo just as you get into Sudbrooke, what sorta bits you got I got the exhaust bodged on earlier which will last a few weeks until I can afford my custom jobbie from AW Tracksport at Horny!

Thanks given by:
The centre pipes are different between the hatch and estate, if you mean the Hoffman one, I rang them up asking if they'd make one for the estate. He said a minimum of 100 pieces, massive group buy anyone? lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: