is the clutch foooked?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is the clutch foooked?
hi guys went to look at a 98 d tub with 130k for myself. very tidy and nice dry engine no knocks etc pulls well. but the clutch is heavy as! not only that which i know is normal but it bites very very high. do you think its a bout to give way or is it cable? dunno if the cars had a clutch in its lifetime so hard to tell.

cheers guys
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 02:32 PM)rd070707 Wrote: hi guys went to look at a 98 d tub with 130k for myself. very tidy and nice dry engine no knocks etc pulls well. but the clutch is heavy as! not only that which i know is normal but it bites very very high. do you think its a bout to give way or is it cable? dunno if the cars had a clutch in its lifetime so hard to tell.

cheers guys

Clutch needs doing asap,that is what they do will go stiff and clutch cable can break...clutches are not cheap either...
Thanks given by:
FYI Mountie Click here...you will find a brand new clutch kit 2 year warranty £43.54 posted as compared to my 98 Mondeo a clutch kit was £147. To be honest RD my clutch was heavy when I first got mine a few weeks of driving around and it's perfect just depends if it's been sat a wee while I know my uncle's clutch didn't give out until he'd been round the clock 3 times and that was a 405 D Turbo that he'd owned from new so don't let the clutch put you off!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it is heavy but its only done a few hundred miles in the last 2 months. it was when i was reversing out i thought i wasnt even in gear it took so long to bite lol.
Thanks given by:
if its heavy change the cable, due to design fault they get stiff as they run next to the exhaust and this causes them to dry out.Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
next thing I would check is the nylon bushes that hold the release fork
Thanks given by:
cheers for the replys. really all i need to know is that its not a sure sign of failure lol
Thanks given by:
If the bite is high up the pedal, the clutch is on it's way out...

Also don't skimp on clutches, get yourself a genuine Valeo unit, they last for about 120k miles ish, they won't go wrong, they fit perfectly, the money you save isn't worth it, when the labour is what really costs, if it goes wrong, you'll be paying the labour again...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: