boost gauge oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boost gauge oil
I was just re fitting my boost gauge after changing its location, i pulled the hose off the IC to tap into with my t-piece and out came a load of oil....

if I squeeze it lots and lots of black oil runs out of it.... is this normal....?

I did do a stage 1 tune, and its the pipe that comes from the boose compensator thingy.... is this why? or is it fubared?
Thanks given by:
Turbo oil seals have had it... replacement is needed...
Thanks given by:
would replacing the turbo cure this? is it worth doing? lol
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 07:51 PM)TheCrimson Wrote: would replacing the turbo cure this? is it worth doing? lol

If its turbo seals then yes replacing the turbo would fix it.. & it's not that it's worth doing... It needs doing Smile
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Firstly - ALL turbocharged engines that use Journal Bearing turbos will pass oil if they've done more than about 50k miles - how much is another matter...

These engines also recycle their breather gasses into the inlet before the turbocharger (obviously cannot be post, because otherwise you'd end up boosting your crankcase)... Therefore inevitably your breather oil ends up in your intercooler...

Don't assume it's knackered until you get issues from the Turbo, take off the inlet pipe and feel for thrust play (in and out) and lateral play (side to side) - there should be a VERY small amount of lateral play, and NO thrust play... But saying that, I've had turbos that have lasted for months with chronic thrust play...

I'm going to bet on breather gasses mostly.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I get that there should be some oil in there, but surely if it's pouring out there maybe an issue.....
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the advice guys. It was a fair amount of oil.

I dont really have the knowhow or tools etc to change the turbo myself so going to sell it on if someone wants a project or if someone has the ability to do it themselves. could be an easy fix:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-4939.html
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 09:06 PM)TheCrimson Wrote: Thanks for the advice guys. It was a fair amount of oil.

I dont really have the knowhow or tools etc to change the turbo myself so going to sell it on if someone wants a project or if someone has the ability to do it themselves. could be an easy fix:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-4939.html

it is normal to have some,remember it builds up over time,mine is the same took it off cleaned it has been few months and all good,So just clean it out and every couple of weeks pull hose off pump side and see if owt comes out if so then worry about turbo..if you still have your egr hooked up it will do it....
Thanks given by:
I was about to say what Ryan said; you've got 'oil vapour' travelling up the gauge pipe anyway, depending how long the gauge has been there for you also got to consider?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Turbo is a fair easy job to attempt on your own, Its just a case of getting car up on an axel stand and then taking engine off top mount and rocking forward for extra room, a good tip is to take all the studs out and get high tensile bolts to the correct length as saves you lots of time when removing in future.

A bit of oil is normal as said but id be worried if its pouring out but to be on safe side follow given advise from these people and you will get it sorted fella

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I really need to have a car back on the road for work, but if its an easy fix could be a good buy for someone? :-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost Gauge Decisions CJRODELL 7 2,009 22-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: CJRODELL
  Boost gauge help? Ryan'dolan 2 1,062 20-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Boost gauge T-piece clarkey2010 13 2,438 29-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: ADV_93