HDi Clutch Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Clutch Change
Hahahha, so take all your tools next time... Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That would be a good idea wouldn't it haha!
Thanks given by:
i'm currently doing this myself 1 man job what are the chances of pug keeping the fork plasticy bits in stock do you reckon very slim me's thinks hopefully should go smooth!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One man job!? I'm not even gonna attempt lifting the box on my own lol.
Thanks given by:
box is light!! ninja
Thanks given by:
Yeah but I'm weak. Tongue
Thanks given by:
No seriously, the boxes aren't that bad - at least not heavy, just awkward.

I'm hardly Mr. Muscle and I can easily swing them about - the GTi boxes are a bit heavier, but the 5 speeds aren't bad at all in honesty - I've dealt with a lot worse!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I'm more concerned about the position of the weight, rather than the weight itself, Ive lifted gearboxes before.....just not from under a car on a driveway lol. Hopefully it'll be alright though!
Thanks given by:
Massive thanks to Tom once again. I was watching horses prance around and getting points accordingly... Yeh its a bit of a spare car but it needs to be done in the next month or so. Ill run out of money to run the speedboat soon and then ill have no choice but to fix this and sell it or the 1.8 on!
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 08:40 PM)JamesG Wrote: i'm currently doing this myself 1 man job what are the chances of pug keeping the fork plasticy bits in stock do you reckon very slim me's thinks hopefully should go smooth!

I'd make sure i've got them before attempting the job fella, would be horrendous if you got half-way through the job and discovered you couldn't finish it without new ones so had to put it all back again lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
mine are fine, just thought while it's off get It replaced.
Thanks given by:
Right, were stuck again!! Need a universal stud remover.....but can't find one in halfords.....any idea where we can get one??
Thanks given by:
motorfactor. pretty sure gsf sell em

or, two nuts, lock em together on the stud and use a socket or bfo spanner
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
^^ thats a good idea! Ill have a rummage and see what i can find! Only 2 weeks left to do this in D:
Thanks given by:
I tried the the 2 nuts locked together and that did'nt work! had too much threadlock on mine, 2 weeks left! ive already done mine Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Its not really 2 weeks if sam want to use the estate for Uni..........I bet there'll be more stuff needs replacing when we can finally drive it lol!!

Also still dont have a stud remover lol...............
Thanks given by:
I found this in the motorfaftors.....think its the right thong...but its 18 quid!? There must be cheaper ones about surely!

Thanks given by:
Ebay it £8
Thanks given by:
Can't wait for ebay postage really..........however, I have just found this at the 'other' local motorfactors I always forget about lol....it's next to 'The Golf' pub....time for some photos while Im there then. Big Grin

http://www.bennetts.com/bolt-and-nut-rem...801966.php
Thanks given by:
Just my luck, they dont stock it!!! Sad

Can order it....for after 2pm tomorow, well thats really useful! Undecided

So now the option is to spend more on the one pictured above, or to order that one but wait longer....we were supposed to be doing this tomorow morning you see. Hmm...... Confused
Thanks given by:
You both fail so badly...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2012, 04:02 PM)Poodle Wrote: You both fail so badly...

I couldn't disagree with you.

However Ive now bought the more expensive one (Sams paying lol) so we should be cracking on with this tomorow! Try to at least get the box and clutch off if nothing further lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
i didn't even remove the stud only took me 6hour's on my own and the pressure plate i had to angle grind off.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2012, 08:14 PM)JamesG Wrote: i didn't even remove the stud only took me 6hour's on my own and the pressure plate i had to angle grind off.

Well good for you. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2012, 09:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 08:14 PM)JamesG Wrote: i didn't even remove the stud only took me 6hour's on my own and the pressure plate i had to angle grind off.

Well good for you. Dodgy

+1
Thanks given by:

Dude ill give you a call if I end up needing a hand. Just ordered my Valeo clutch of Parkers today so hopefully it's here in time.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok, does anyone know where the 5th bellhousing bolts it? Confused 3 on top, allen one underneath (with PAS pipe)...............cant see another one!! Sad

Yes, I know....we fail.
Thanks given by:
don't know if that was sarcasm above but i was pretty chuffed tbh

2 bolt's underneath one near the bottom of the engine then one near the top of the engine not much help but if you have 3 out on the top it's just one's underneath just do abit of feeling for It and you'll find It Smile
Thanks given by:
Me sarcastic? Nahhhh. Tongue

Seriously though, well done.....no idea how long its taken us now, probably 6 weeks lol.

We got the bottom bolt then, wo just the higher up one to find....hmm....
Thanks given by:
i Dunno where you live but if it's local i don't mind popping to lend a hand and if you have the one with the pas pipe then you need to find the one that is up just above It a little higher up.

Hope that help's
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi clutch change bokus 10 3,323 20-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Last Post: bokus
  anyone want to change my clutch? no2lurch 4 1,602 08-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Last Post: no2lurch
  clutch cable change. alex-r 0 1,255 24-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: alex-r