How fast is your car?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fast is your car?
I've had mine at 120 on gps tracker on the flat with an vauxhall astray Sri trying to keep up
Thanks given by:
Depends on the rear beam you have as to how stable they are, the GTi6s feel a helluva lot more solid than others due to the fact they have 6* toe in as standard... Makes them track the road like hell, IIRC DTs have like 2* toe as standard on the drum beam...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
had an indicated 135 out of my 6 and it felt a bit wallowy but shortly after found both lower susperion arms were buggered Confused
Thanks given by:
Had around 118 out of mine, doubt it had much more, probs 120 at most. If I was on 55's instead of 50's it'd be probably go a little more/clocks be more accurate.

My Dad was at 130 in his Mondeo ST the other day, gets there in no time at all on the runway without struggling. Then there was a side wind and we both promptly shat ourselves lol
Thanks given by:
This thread is full of fail; for christ sake, even the title says it's fail.

A "kid" at work asked me the other day "so how fast is your car..." what on earth can you say in reply to that? TBH, my response was "the fastest you can go on the island is 60mph and on any national motorway, 70 with some leniance..."

You guys/I are driving 306's ; they're not SPEED MACHINES, they run small diesel/petrol engines in comparison to most cars on the roads these days.

Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
This is a stupid thread. If it gets stupider im gonna lock it.

How fast your car is flat out has very little to do with its actual power. Its down to gear box/wheels/rev limit/how big a hill your on.

A stage 2 hdi will do 131mph on a 4500rpm rev limit.

Anyway a better thread would be listing your mods and measuring your 30-70 time in 3rd gear.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 08:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: A stage 2 hdi will do 131mph on a 4500rpm rev limit.

so will a stage 1 hdi whistle
Thanks given by:
Which most have done on the other forum. Let people play, and make threads.

It maybe stupid, but I bet most people have done.

Mine was done on my old T2 and Bosch pump.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 08:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: This is a stupid thread. If it gets stupider im gonna lock it.

How fast your car is flat out has very little to do with its actual power. Its down to gear box/wheels/rev limit/how big a hill your on.

A stage 2 hdi will do 131mph on a 4500rpm rev limit.

Anyway a better thread would be listing your mods and measuring your 30-70 time in 3rd gear.

That sounds more exciting tbh. Truthfully my car very rarely sees over 80mph. and it doesn't very often go over 2k revs. Or if I'm on a national speed limit then it will
Be like 3k.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 10:19 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Whats a 306 like over 120? Wouldnt imagine it feels safe lol

I'd imagine it feels a hell of a lot safer than a 106 at that speed lol.........the NAD maxed at an indicated 97 but was probs about 90 (obviously downhill and on a looooooong stretch of the A12 lol) and it felt like it was falling apart and was all over the road lol.........was pretty funny overtaking a merc, Audi Q7 and a Porsche Boxter in a 14 year old 106 though, although I'm well aware if they wanted to use a tank of fuel they could've just booted straight past me lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Mine managed an indicated 160 on a runway, sat nav said 149 which shows you how wrong speedos can be lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 08:52 AM)cully Wrote:
(16-07-2012, 08:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: A stage 2 hdi will do 131mph on a 4500rpm rev limit.

so will a stage 1 hdi whistle

Thus proving that top speed is no measure of power
Thanks given by:
Dont be such cry babies lol I first started this thread because im unsure if my car is down on power for some reason Sad Then it kinda changed topic to what it can do flat out lol Dont take everything so seriously Tongue
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 02:12 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Dont be such cry babies lol I first started this thread because im unsure if my car is down on power for some reason Sad Then it kinda changed topic to what it can do flat out lol Dont take everything so seriously Tongue

Its a DTurbo, of course its down on power, the left the factory like that. Tongue

I hope you aren't taking that seriously. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The XUD9TE is a 110hp engine derated to 90hp as far as I'm concerned - they're WAY overbuilt for the power they produce... If you compare them to any other ~1.9 Turbo Diesel of that era - conrods are the exception here, but the cranks, big end caps, the block itself is STUPIDLY over engineered in comparison to other engines.

If they were a DI engine, they'd cope with 200hp without any real issues if the conrods weren't such a crap design. Peugeot never did a mechanically injected Direct Injection engine, if they had, there'd be a MUCH bigger tuning scene.

If you notice, an XUD7TE is also, 90hp Wink

They had to derate it because the 2.0 8v XSi was slower than the 1.9 TurboDiesel...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The fiesta st. 135mph
Standard 2.0 hdi 120mph at a major push
The 1.6 meridian barely 100mph before it shakes itself to death !!!!
Thanks given by:
My old 1.6 phase1 got 125 on a very long run satnav recorded it as 118 suprised it didnt go bang the engine was screeming Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Will It?

Wow, never knew that! I'd never do that, it's really irresponsible TMI
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: