XUD7TE conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD7TE conversion
What up lads and ladies...

I know it's been a while but still..... Hi... lol

If any of you had a look at my project thread on theywhoshallnotbenamed you'll know that I have put an XUD11 in my 306 with a td04 and 11mm pump, its great and it's fast... but noisy...

anyways I've changed my mind on what I want to do with my 306 and 205, so i want to swap the engines over... use my 306 as an everyday car and keep good fuel economy and use the 205 as a fun car....

so the question is, will a XUD9TE vaccum pump fit the XUD7TE head?
Is there anything, else I should know about the swap?

Cheers

Brett
Thanks given by:
it will bolt to the head but i think you need to use the xud9 cam, as the Xud7 has got the power steering and vacuum pumps belt driven off it
Thanks given by:
Well no unless you swap the cam shafts and fanimolds. There's an oil feed in the '7 head bunged up with an Allen key but watch out as they round off easy.
That 205's gunna be epic!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Hi max, hows you going?

Yeah it should be epic... but I reckon I need to redo the injector pump to get the best gains, right now the 306 is running 20psi and it's quick.... bloody quick, as in bye bye Type R quick.... not off the line but on the roll.... it walks all over... but I know I can do better and I'll be taring down the whole pump to do it...been doing loads of research into to stuff that Darren would never tell you, but I'm still a bit short in the sence that I know what I want, but don't know where to get it...it's all well and good buying loads of IP's of various cars but really what I want is brand new parts, and thats the thing I can't find a suitable place that sells pump parts....

cheers for the advise lads, I wasn't planning on swapping the cam over straight away even though I have a complete spare head to work with,
the plan was to utilise the FMIC that I've put on the 306 rather than taking it off and putting on the 205 (I still have the Evo 6 IC for the 205, it should fit I reckon) The plan is to use an XUD9 N/A alloy inlet which I bought ages ago for £10 off an Irish guy on theywhoshallnotbenamed (if you are on here as well, my apollogies I have forgotten your name) and an XUD9 N/A cam, should bring some gains up top and retain it's low down torque, without overworking the standard turbo (that's all I plan to run)

for now then I'll be using the XUD7 vac pump and using the XUD9 power steering pump with the XUD9 aux belt setup, and the XUD11 will get the aux belt setup from the XUD7, and no powersteering....

also to note, I plan on using the thermostat housings/fuel filter setup that are native to the car, IE the XUD7 will be getting a 306 XUD9TE setup and the XUD11 will get the 205 XUD7TE set up and I'll have to move the coolant header tank by the looks of things but that shouldn't be too much grief...

I'll start a project thread for both at a later date....

Cheers again guys.....
Thanks given by:
Really liked your work on .net mate glad to see that you have come over too here now Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Why not just go for an in-line filter set-up? I found the '7 kept starving itself of fuel after hard cornering.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 12:15 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Really liked your work on .net mate glad to see that you have come over too here now Smile

Cheers lad, nice to be here Smile

(16-07-2012, 07:57 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: Why not just go for an in-line filter set-up? I found the '7 kept starving itself of fuel after hard cornering.

Might be worth a look, definately, the 205 filters seem hard to get, ECP never have them....

What inline filter is best? might go for inline filter on my 306 as well...
Thanks given by:
I'm running a VAG fuel filter on mine, off of a TT bit they'r mostly the same.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
So it's a decent size then?

Next time I'm up euro car parts I'll ask what they have...
Thanks given by:
XUD9A cam is the same as a XUD9TE cam Smile

I thought it wasn't for some time, but it is.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cheers for telling me lad... saved me a lot of hasstle there...

Well, that's kind of pissed on my bonfire, lol
Looks like I got to send Newmans my spare cam after all...
Thanks given by:
In my personal humble opinion, unless people severely know what they are doing when doing cams for Indirect Injection Diesels - not saying Newmans don't - but AFAIK they don't do another IDI cam... I wouldn't bother - the hassle is too great, they flow pretty damned well as standard, they just need a bit of work on the inlet and exhaust manifolds... The standards aren't amazing...

To really get gains, you'll end up wanting a vernier pulley, more money, then knowing how to set it up... There's so little information on IDIs, it's unreal - people forget the main principles that IDIs operate under and assume it's like a DI or a Petrol with trying to induce swirl, blah de-blah...

Whenever I see a Diesel with a cam, unless it's from *insert name of company I cannot remember that do cams for VW TDis here*, they always seem to make little to no difference unless you do a massive amount of bench testing to see what works best...

My opinion on the matter anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Newmans do VW Tdi cams....

Might have the name of the other people...
Thanks given by:
Not IDI though...

Different kettle of fish...
Thanks given by:
Dbilas do TDi cams and seem popular...

Maybe we need to speak to the people who do the cams for the OM60x engines
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0870.jpg]

Yes decent size and costs about £5-£7. Eliminated my air in fuel problem too.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
piper do a cam for the xud 9, no idea if it's any good tho. for the money involved, it's not worth it
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 08:55 PM)Ruan Wrote: XUD9A cam is the same as a XUD9TE cam Smile

I thought it wasn't for some time, but it is.

What............complete with the connection for the vac pump drive gear on the end................as that is why it was mentioned about swapping it, nothing to do with the cam profiles themselves, it was to make it possible to fit an XUD9TE vac pump to the XUD7 Wink

(17-07-2012, 09:22 AM)Daniel306 Wrote: piper do a cam for the xud 9, no idea if it's any good tho. for the money involved, it's not worth it

IIRC Darren had one and it was an absolute fooking nightmare to set up as their specs were wrong and didn't seem to make any difference at all over the stock one when set up right and when set up wrong it made things worse lol So probably not the best one to go for Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
XUD9A is no different to an XUD9TE cam in terms of vac pump connection etc...

XUD7A cam is different, yes...

I read:

Quote:and an XUD9 N/A cam, should bring some gains up top and retain it's low down torque

I'm assuming that means that he was looking for a difference in characteristics..
Thanks given by:
£7.00 from euro didnt u say u were abit of a trek from euro ive got one 10 mins away from me

(16-07-2012, 07:01 PM)Jarrus Wrote: So it's a decent size then?

Next time I'm up euro car parts I'll ask what they have...
Thanks given by:
Yes i was, but if they are the same the i wont bother,
I managed to get another complete 2.1 for decent mo ey so probably wont be making my 306 a 1.8, probably end up with 2 2.1 pugs....

Youve all been helpful though thanks Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  recommended BOSCH fuel pump for XUD7TE assembled 24 7,780 24-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: assembled
  XUD9TE high flow oil pump on XUD7TE assembled 5 1,743 01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Last Post: assembled