T2 or K14?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T2 or K14?
hi there, im new to the forum, i have blown up the turbo on my zx volcane tonight and need a replacement, im just confused as to which will see me better gains.. as the k14 on the car does run out of puff quite quickly.. its got a saab 93 FMIC on with a bosch pump with has has the lda pin turned to the steep side and fueling wound up.. its on 21psi

Thankyou all
Thanks given by:
Looked into bigger turbos? If you are replacing the turbo anyway?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 12:54 AM)Jake Wrote: Looked into bigger turbos? If you are replacing the turbo anyway?

Hi, I am contemplating yes.. but i need my car soon really.. and im just think short term atm.. but in the future im looking at the k04/td04 route Smile

Thanks
Thanks given by:
They are both about the same to be honest, running out of power higher up will be the governor in the pump starting to cut the fuel because of the revs more than anything I think unless you have a gov mod.........

So yeah, either will get you similar results IMO Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
If you just want a quick fix stick to same as you have and get on cheap then go for a bigger blower Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:10 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: If you just want a quick fix stick to same as you have and get on cheap then go for a bigger blower Smile

T2 and K14 use the same manifold and oil lines anyway so they are both a direct bolt on replacement without having to change manifolds.
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I've got a K14 in full working order on a manifold ready to bolt on if you need it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:51 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I've got a K14 in full working order on a manifold ready to bolt on if you need it!

Since you swapped it for a K03 in a panic but at least now you have instant boost pretty much, lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:58 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(13-07-2012, 07:51 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I've got a K14 in full working order on a manifold ready to bolt on if you need it!

Since you swapped it for a K03 in a panic but at least now you have instant boost pretty much, lol

for me, the K03 is/was an upgrade...Blush

Would take a few hours to put the K14 back on if needed TMI
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:59 AM)ginge191 Wrote: for me, the K03 is/was an upgrade...Blush

Would take a few hours to put the K14 back on if needed TMI

I knows it mate Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:36 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(13-07-2012, 07:10 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: If you just want a quick fix stick to same as you have and get on cheap then go for a bigger blower Smile

T2 and K14 use the same manifold and oil lines anyway so they are both a direct bolt on replacement without having to change manifolds.

Ahhh thanks i always thought they were different Smile so when i go to fit my TD04 i can use either manifold??

Cheers pal
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 08:25 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Ahhh thanks i always thought they were different Smile so when i go to fit my TD04 i can use either manifold??

Cheers pal

The K14 & T2 use one design and the GT15 and K03 use another design, you can use either but the K14/T2 one is a better flowing design while the other one apparently allows you to keep the actuator but meh, why would you want to limit the boost at the expense of a worse flowing manifold Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 08:28 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(13-07-2012, 08:25 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Ahhh thanks i always thought they were different Smile so when i go to fit my TD04 i can use either manifold??

Cheers pal

The K14 & T2 use one design and the GT15 and K03 use another design, you can use either but the K14/T2 one is a better flowing design while the other one apparently allows you to keep the actuator but meh, why would you want to limit the boost at the expense of a worse flowing manifold Big Grin

Wicked mate thanks for that, i know ive a kkk on the new black derv but not sure which one its got the bell with allen key and 8mm locknut for adjusting, do you know which one this is (sorry to go off topic here) and can i fit a MBC to it

Cheers
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 08:37 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(13-07-2012, 08:28 AM)mark_airey Wrote:

Cheers pal

Wicked mate thanks for that, i know ive a kkk on the new black derv but not sure which one its got the bell with allen key and 8mm locknut for adjusting, do you know which one this is (sorry to go off topic here) and can i fit a MBC to it

Cheers

K14; chop the metal pipe running between actuator and turbo, and connect the MBC in the normal way..
Thanks given by:
^^ What he said Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Cheers Guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers people! going to go scrapyard tomorrow morning and start feeling some shafts.. ahah. hopefully find a good one.. i suppose the advantage with a t2 is its easier to fit a mbc to.. but a k14 is quick and easy to adjust?!
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 03:56 PM)Boyracer050 Wrote: Cheers people! going to go scrapyard tomorrow morning and start feeling some shafts.. ahah. hopefully find a good one.. i suppose the advantage with a t2 is its easier to fit a mbc to.. but a k14 is quick and easy to adjust?!

Personally i like the T2 as had on for about 3 years and never let me down running 24 and gettin hammered constantly lol but others may say otherwise but like you said easier to adjust but if your puttin a new one on weld wastegate shut Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:04 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(13-07-2012, 03:56 PM)Boyracer050 Wrote: Cheers people! going to go scrapyard tomorrow morning and start feeling some shafts.. ahah. hopefully find a good one.. i suppose the advantage with a t2 is its easier to fit a mbc to.. but a k14 is quick and easy to adjust?!

Personally i like the T2 as had on for about 3 years and never let me down running 24 and gettin hammered constantly lol but others may say otherwise but like you said easier to adjust but if your puttin a new one on weld wastegate shut Smile

Ahh right okay mate! better than mine.. well i've owned it 2weeks lol. but saying that its been around my area for years taking abuse haha.

got the old one off tonight!! the inlet side all the veins are chipped and its looked up.. doent appear to be in there square eith looks like the shaft broke lol.

Whats the advantage or welding up the wastegate?! wont it blow it up quicker ? :S
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 10:08 PM)Boyracer050 Wrote:
(13-07-2012, 07:04 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:

Ahh right okay mate! better than mine.. well i've owned it 2weeks lol. but saying that its been around my area for years taking abuse haha.

got the old one off tonight!! the inlet side all the veins are chipped and its looked up.. doent appear to be in there square eith looks like the shaft broke lol.

Whats the advantage or welding up the wastegate?! wont it blow it up quicker ? :S

As far as i know welding wastegate shut just stops you getting wastegate creep as with it being diesel we all run pretty high boost so stops you losing boost.

and saves having to control turbo separately as it will boost to how much fuel you run iirc

CJ
Thanks given by: