Homebrew

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homebrew
Even the word homebrew is making me feel slightly queasy Sad
Thanks given by:
it makes me want to go get a bottle from the car!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
If your gonna brew from kits, use a good quality one. I've made a few Coopers kits and they've always turned out well Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Gona try the polish syrup thing tonight, couple of quick questions though. Could I use hot water from a hot water tank to help start off the yeast since the cold tap stuff is very cold this time of year and would slow down the process would it not?
Also can this be left on next to a windows in sunlight or would that kill off the yeast or something?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 08:37 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Gona try the polish syrup thing tonight, couple of quick questions though. Could I use hot water from a hot water tank to help start off the yeast since the cold tap stuff is very cold this time of year and would slow down the process would it not?
Also can this be left on next to a windows in sunlight or would that kill off the yeast or something?

i wouldnt use stored hot water you dont know what craps in the tank
go get 3x 2ltr bottles of water from tescos 17p each put them on the radiator for a day, us the water then save the water bottles to put the brew in once fermented PET bottles FTW for secondary fermentation

i left mine on the worktop in direct sunlight never had a problem Wink
Thanks given by:
Cheers, filled it up with boiled kettle water to kill off any nastys waiting for it too cool a little before dropping yeast in. That's good, since there's a windows next to the boiler where im going to leave it to brew
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
[Image: a3e7ysad.jpg]

Decided to try my Xmas stout, been bottled for about 2 months. F*cking brilliant, smooth and mild tasting like Mackesons with the texture of Guinness. Lads, the longer you leave it the better. I tried one a week after bottling and it was a bit sweet and had the homebrew tang to it but this is a great drink now! Wish my house wasn't too cold to brew more!
Thanks given by:
Just found this thread well I'm new jus made first brew an now started 2nd an 2 demi Johns

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I can't do any just now, my spare room is full of bathroom bits so I've no space Sad
Thanks given by:
ok just read through this entire thread and went to tesco for bottles and gonna get one on the go in the morning since i just paid next day delivery for some air locks Big Grin
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Few cheeky additions to my brewery lol

Thanks given by:
Well started 2 new demi Johns today

First one shown on attachment

Second one is a white grape an peach lol

Thanks given by:
Just picked up a couple of litres of this...

[Image: 1097566_10151784255404644_230848974_n.jp...2bae629f51]

Made up the road, pressed into whiskey barrels, aged then poured into unwashed vodka bottles. Yeah... it's got a bit of a kick.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
You've got lovely nails there Stu
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Aw thanks for noticing <3
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homebrew Tyronnster 8 2,568 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Last Post: cully
  project Homebrew Still cully 31 6,775 20-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Post: puglove