Homebrew

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homebrew
Hahaha, bread yeast you pikey, missed that!

Matt, i'll show you what you should have on top of it later, like in cully's pic. They're not that expensive.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
gonna keep a update on mine once my bits arrive :d
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
I might go tesco tomorrow and get apple juice for cider
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 12:24 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I might go tesco tomorrow and get apple juice for cider

too slow!
started a batch today

have also bottled my first batch of lemon mixer wkd'ish ,drinke's time i think soon
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 11:01 AM)cully Wrote:
(29-07-2012, 12:24 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I might go tesco tomorrow and get apple juice for cider

too slow!
started a batch today

have also bottled my first batch of lemon mixer wkd'ish ,drinke's time i think soon

what size was the bung for the airlock? and did you drill it or cut it? cos all my tools down the garage so will need to take some back for when my airlock turns up.

SOLD

Thanks given by:
airlock bugs are all different sizes
i drilled with the biggest drill i could get in the drill chuck then i still had to file the whole bigger to take the bung
Thanks given by:
Lol I has demi johns.

Cully I will start cider one day but I've been off work stupidly late the last few days so all I do is sleep and work
Thanks given by:

too slow!
started a batch today

[attachment=1953]

did you test it?

SOLD

Thanks given by:
the lemon tasted rank needs time to setle
but the single brewed orange which had seteled for day after syphoning it off was mmmmmmm! i could drink that neat was real nice, when i drunk it it measured 7.5%

oh and the apple juice i started yesterday looks like it is boiling ther is that many bubbles
Thanks given by:

too slow!
started a batch today

(30-07-2012, 08:00 PM)cully Wrote: the lemon tasted rank needs time to setle
but the single brewed orange which had seteled for day after syphoning it off was mmmmmmm! i could drink that neat was real nice, when i drunk it it measured 7.5%

oh and the apple juice i started yesterday looks like it is boiling ther is that many bubbles

cant wait to get mine started now, just want it ready for a wedding were going to on the 11th Big Grin

also cully what did you put in them for flavour? squash or real juice and before or after the yeast?

SOLD

Thanks given by:
Hmmmm think I've ballsed mine up. 3 days and still 0%
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
How much does this stuff cost? Surely gonna be cheaper, quicker and taste better just to buy some of whatever you're trying to make. Undecided
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 09:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How much does this stuff cost? Surely gonna be cheaper, quicker and taste better just to buy some of whatever you're trying to make. Undecided

works out bout £4/5 for 4.5L of strong alcohol

SOLD

Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 08:32 PM)Diggers Wrote: also cully what did you put in them for flavour? squash or real juice and before or after the yeast?

i did as per the instuction on the first link

4.5ltr water
3 squeezed oranges
500g sugar

mixed then added wine yeast about 1/4 a packet, the whole packet would do 20-25ltrs

sunday start- friday stopped bubbling
sat syphond 500ml into coke bottle 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (to make it sparkaling) screw on cap i drunk this on sunday it was yummy neat but i mixed it with vimto cordial

sat added 500g of sugar to remaining 4ltrs shake bottle air lock wait for animal strength to finish in a week i hope
Thanks given by:
wish the wife would stop talking she genuinely never stops talking crap

anyway the cider batch im doing is going good and bubbling like mad @ day 2!

Thanks given by:
what did you use in your airlock? im not sure if water will be ok because dont want it to go off, saw online to use hand sanitiser as its alcahol anyway and keeps bacteria out

SOLD

Thanks given by:
just used water
if the 4ltr cider is drinkable im going to do a 20ltr batch
Thanks given by:
just started mine less than 10 mins ago and got our first bubble Big Grin

SOLD

Thanks given by:
Bubblein like mad this morning and sitting at a nice 24.5 degrees

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

SOLD

Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 09:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How much does this stuff cost? Surely gonna be cheaper, quicker and taste better just to buy some of whatever you're trying to make. Undecided

Once you've bought all the gear you can make 40 pints of lager for between £10 and £20 depending on the quality of the ingredients, but that's using the ready made kits like I am, if you start with the base ingredients (malt, hops, brewing sugar, brewers yeast, carbonation tabs) you can make 40 pints for around £8. That compares to 40 pints of decent premium strength lager from the supermarket pretty well, considering the best offer at Asda near me is 20 cans of Fosters for £18, that's about 15-17 pints of a weaker beer. Or about £120 in a pub Wink

Just bottled mine, took a reading and it was coming up about 6% which is a bit stronger than I wanted but I did stick in extra sugar just to be sure. It's a beautiful amber colour, looked very drinkable but seeing as its flat I didn't try it, just siphoned it into bottles and dropped a carbonation tab in each one, I'll report back in about 6 weeks Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
There's a point, am I the only one making proper beer and not some fruity hooch?
Thanks given by:
So just started my cider about 20 mins ago and im already getting massive bubbles passing through my air lock.

5l of apple juice at 62ppl and a packet of yeast from wilko (that dosent say how much it makes) = £4.85

The tesco apple juice says a 250ml glass contains 28.5g of sugar so thats 114g per liter and as long as it all converts to alcohol thatll be 6.8%vol. Thats based on 17 grams of sugar per 1 litre = 1% alcohol

Really tempted to add a couple hundred grams of sugar to make it an animal.

So from this

to this

In less time than it takes to boil the kettle to do a round of teas.
Thanks given by:
well ive decided to have a drink of the lemon

this was
4.5ltrs water
4 sqeezed lemons
500g sugar
wine yeast 1/4 of a pack that brews 25ltrs

started it on the 22-7
syphoned and bottled it off on the 29-7
today being 1-8

liquid is clear with a little sediment in the bottom poured off liquid leaving sediment behind

smell
smells slightly like a spirit

taste
slight lemon taste not bitter verry drinkable neat
which ive just done

ideal for a mixer as it dont really taste of much

strength!
8.5%

and im begining to feal pissed!

Thanks given by:
Sounds good Cully. think Im gonna have to make some of that for a "post Olympics actually allowed time off work party"
Thanks given by:
Just got 5 demijohns with bungs and airlocks for 10 quid Smile better get some more brewing going

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

SOLD

Thanks given by:
Where from mate?
Thanks given by:
bastard you didnt out bid me on ebay? i missed out on 7 for £10

oh and my yeast weight in my recipy is wrong should be 1/4 of a pack that does 25 ltrs
Thanks given by:
got them off a bloke local to me, hes has 95 left lol he makes 100 Gallons at a time but gave up, 50 are still filled with cider,

SOLD

Thanks given by:
just started a cider one, 4L of juice (75%juice), a teaspoon of turbo yeast and 250G of sugar, says 7.5% on the hydrometer so will see, been in less than a hour and allready fermenting and bubbling the air lock, will see what happends.
and my other alco pop one is now slowing down the fementing its been 3 days and the smell comming out of the airlock smells like STRONG alcohol Big Grin

SOLD

Thanks given by:
I cheated last night and tried a bottle of my lager, it was a bit fizzy and plain tasting but I assume that's because it's been aged for less than a week lol

Should be good in 3-4 weeks Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homebrew Tyronnster 8 2,569 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Last Post: cully
  project Homebrew Still cully 31 6,778 20-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Post: puglove