fmic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fmic
has anyone used 2 of those adaptors and refitted the tmic as a fric? its a fair size ic compared to ones that vag run. cheers joe
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
You asking if anyone has used the standard top mount IC as a front mount IC?

This would kind of be pointless; the FMIC's are there to increase the cooling surface area, im sure by moving the TMIC to the front, all you're doing is providing a load of lag in the pipework; as you're definitely not doing much different for the cooling.
The cooling for the TMIC is more than efficient in its standard location and for the size it is, if you're getting heatsoak issues from the TMIC, then srap it and get a larger FMIC.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ahh ive got you, how big are intercoolers are you boys running?
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 07:05 AM)Joe Wrote: ahh ive got you, how big are intercoolers are you boys running?

depends what your preference; there some cars here running a TMIC and putting out 170bhp, others running stupid size FMIC's and putting out 140bhp... Undecided

What turbo your running? pressure? fuel to match..? Most universal kits are fine from cheapBay
Thanks given by:
im running everything standard atm, ive got a bosch to go on but i want to franken pump that, im running a kkk turbo at standard psi currently. but basically im rebuilding my spare engine and tuning that and then dropping it straight in if you get me?
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend running the TMIC first then tune the pump and turbo, then if need be, look into further cooling from the front mount.
Thanks given by:
really? what just replace my under bonnet sound deadening with one without holes?
Thanks given by:
That "sound deadening" under your bonnet is what ducts the air to the TMIC, so no, you don't really want to remove that Smile.

Again, tune the pump and turbo, get the turbo running a decent pressure then chuck up a thread for fmic suggestions Smile
Thanks given by:
thats what im saying i understand that, mines just ripped lol. sounds good to me, gonna have ago at getting the spare lump out today Tongue
Thanks given by:
Fair one. Get a project thread going pal!
Keep us updated with what's happening!
Thanks given by:
I'm running a TD04 at about 25psi on a top mount.. Haven't had much heatsoak problems as long as you drive with some "mechanical sympathy"
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
see i dont have much mechanical sympathy, i've got a very heavy right foot.
Thanks given by:
i'll have a fair size FMIC for sale and ive got an adaptor i welded up too along with hoses and pipes, basically a full setup if your interested, will have intercooler off car this weekend, pipes and adaptor are off
CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 07:55 AM)Joe Wrote: see i dont have much mechanical sympathy, i've got a very heavy right foot.

Your going to break something then when you tune it..................learn some or it will get expensive!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 09:33 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 07:55 AM)Joe Wrote: see i dont have much mechanical sympathy, i've got a very heavy right foot.

Your going to break something then when you tune it..................learn some or it will get expensive!

^^^^ Agreed, It can be a costly right foot lol if you can spend a little to prevent it, it will save a lot in long run
Thanks given by:
Ignore these ladies! There's a circle with these cars: power increase > fun > break > fix > more power > fun > break > fix and soooo on!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:16 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Ignore these ladies! There's a circle with these cars: power increase > fun > break > fix > more power > fun > break > fix and soooo on!
This Inlove
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:16 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Ignore these ladies! There's a circle with these cars: power increase > fun > break > fix > more power > fun > break > fix and soooo on!

I have to agree and disagreee with you here haha. Mine breaks alot but it gets better everytime but there is a time and place to have a heavy right foot. it all depends how much time you want to spend under your bonnet fixing the car?

Iv never had a tmic always had a fmic so......
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
I'm running a TMIC and in realistic power; constantly pulled away from Toby on the M1, it's all down to what build you take. I know, I can heavy right foot everywhere knowing I wont blow a turbo or overheat. *touch wood*
Thanks given by:
Ive never had a tmic apart from the first couple of days owning the blaze always had FMIC but from what people are saying you cant go wrong either way suppose lot less lag on tmic so better pickup. Think some members iirc Ruan is running good boost on a tmic as are others Smile

But as i said if you want i will be posting a FMIC kit on forum i had on the previous derv this weekend at a good price Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:41 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'm running a TMIC and in realistic power; constantly pulled away from Toby on the M1, it's all down to what build you take. I know, I can heavy right foot everywhere knowing I wont blow a turbo or overheat. *touch wood*

I had mine setup like this, literally could not get any smoke to come out the back except for coming on boost full throttle. However with the fuel turned up more it is considerably quicker despite the hazing (26+ PSI on TMIC).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: