2.1 conversion quirries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.1 conversion quirries
Does anyone know what turbo I could go with and the easyest way to fit it,or what mods need doing?will the gt15 fit in the position it is in on the 2.1 in a 306 or will it hit bulk head?will a 1.9 dturbo exhaust manny fit a 2.1 td? Just need to know the best way to go about it???? thanks
Thanks given by:
Virtuall nothing mixes but you can fit the good old bosch pump! I sat in an 11mm, fmic'd 2.1dt, it was dyno'd 160bhp and was very comparable in power/torque and power delivery to a stage 2 hdi.
Thanks given by:
Manifolds defo wont fit due to the extra ports on the 2.1. However the turbo should still fit onto the 2,1 manifold assuming the stud pattern is the same.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:56 AM)con67 Wrote: Virtuall nothing mixes but you can fit the good old bosch pump! I sat in an 11mm, fmic'd 2.1dt, it was dyno'd 160bhp and was very comparable in power/torque and power delivery to a stage 2 hdi.

right did you have to make up ur own exhaust and weld turbo?cause the turbo sits different?It needs to be spun around cause the exhaust won't line up,that is what I am not sure of.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:16 PM)Mountie66 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 10:56 AM)con67 Wrote: Virtuall nothing mixes but you can fit the good old bosch pump! I sat in an 11mm, fmic'd 2.1dt, it was dyno'd 160bhp and was very comparable in power/torque and power delivery to a stage 2 hdi.

right did you have to make up ur own exhaust and weld turbo?cause the turbo sits different?It needs to be spun around cause the exhaust won't line up,that is what I am not sure of.

I don't think he made anything up!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
The owner is on the other forum, theres a thread his username is something like 2.1dturbo
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 08:39 AM)con67 Wrote: The owner is on the other forum, theres a thread his username is something like 2.1dturbo

Witch site mate?? cheers
Thanks given by:
Check my project thread on theywhoshallnotbenamed
im running a 2.1 with 11mm and td04,
Theres is literraly no room behind the engine for a turbo, the 1.9 k14 and T2 bolt patterns line up on the manifold but the mount the wrong way around and foul the inlet...and besides... the standard turbo is pretty much the same as the 1.9 t2 but the inlet side faces the gearbox, you will have to hit the bulkhead to fit the standard turbo, anything will require you to relocate it....

I should also mention if you want big power from your 2.1 then youll need to do something with the cooling system as it runs hot when making loads of power....

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...-deserves/

Check that...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 10:28 PM)Jarrus Wrote: Check my project thread on theywhoshallnotbenamed
im running a 2.1 with 11mm and td04,
Theres is literraly no room behind the engine for a turbo, the 1.9 k14 and T2 bolt patterns line up on the manifold but the mount the wrong way around and foul the inlet...and besides... the standard turbo is pretty much the same as the 1.9 t2 but the inlet side faces the gearbox, you will have to hit the bulkhead to fit the standard turbo, anything will require you to relocate it....

I should also mention if you want big power from your 2.1 then youll need to do something with the cooling system as it runs hot when making loads of power....

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...-deserves/

Check that...

does the 1.9 gearbox and flywhell fit it??? Also what mods got to be done.I will be running tdo4 but moving it above gearbox...
Thanks given by:
1.9 gearbox and flywheel does fit, 1.9 ancilleries also fit, make sure you keep everything off your 1.9 just in case, the 406 uses a slightly different aux belt setup than the 306, use the 306 aux belt setup, and use the 306 alternator/pas braket, use the 306 starter motor, and also the water pump is totally different and has a sort of tank fitted to it with a themostat and cover, make sure you get this all complete with your engine, I didnt and i had to make something instead, and you cant buy just the cover from peugeot you.have to buy the lot which is 200 quid,

Also the 406 must get its tacho reading off the alternator as there is no flywheel sensor, so i had to put the 1.9 one in, i made a hole and braket and tapped another hole in the block and it works a treat,

Also use the 406 xud11 ip braket as its a better fit, bosch pump will fit on it... Smile

O yeah, battery will have to go in the boot so sort that out as well,

Hope it helps...

Brett
Thanks given by:
Bit of an old bump but credit to you Jarrus, the build looks really good, just sat and looked through the project and it looks like its been done to a high standard!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 01:06 PM)silverzx Wrote: Bit of an old bump but credit to you Jarrus, the build looks really good, just sat and looked through the project and it looks like its been done to a high standard!

Cheers dude, sorry for the belated reply Smile

More to come yet, I may move the project over here Smile
Thanks given by: