Turbo adaptor plates help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo adaptor plates help
Alright , just on with making up the adaptor plates for turbo conversion , I see a lot of people use 8mm but iv only got 6mm do the experienced folk think it will do , personally I think Itl be fine I got it from work and we use it on steel work on our 1200degree ovens so surely itl be fine on the derv bus ? Chees in advance
Thanks given by:
Ruan recommended 6mm to me as that's what he uses, should be fine...
Thanks given by:
Yes i'm sure it will be fine. I used 8 and 10mm only because that's all the guy had in his forge.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Cheers man now onto the what seems to be the mammoth task of splitting the turbo lol
Thanks given by:
What turbo have you got? TD04L?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeah pal was going to get something abit different but td04s are easy to come by for penuts and seem to give the sort of results i want so seemed the logical thing to do lol I said mammoth task that was piss easy lol Iv got a few questions to ask about it all if you guys don't mind helping , I'll start a new thread though
Thanks given by:
I used 6mm for the exhaust elbow adaptor as had it handy, hasn't fallen off yet (i don't think).
Thanks given by:
Well you have your answers in here and I have already replied to your other thread, just use some common sense and you can't go far wrong, as long as you understand the basics (which you seem to) you will have no problem, as far as the adapter plates go I did the same as most people and used whatever was handy at the time just don't be silly and use something like 2mm plate as it would clearly be shit lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
6mm is fine, the extra thickness just helps if your welding flanges as it tends to warp with the heat, and the thicker it is the less it will warp in each heat cycle! But your fine with 6mm, deffo not going to fall off anyways!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Facing flanges with a grinder FTMFW!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The only thing is you can't countersink bolts as Dum-Dum pointed out on my thread. It looks like on the flange for my turbo that there won't be any space for nuts on the other end of the bolt and I can't countersink bolts either so the only way is to drill a couple of holes in the manifold that won't go all the way through but the jury is currently out on whether those holes will be strong enough to hold the weight of the unit itself.

Edit: In this thread Ruan says you can countersink bolts on 6mm plate:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2611.htm...er%2Bplate

So perhaps Dum-Dum was just being cautious, but hopefully I am still in business if so!
Thanks given by:
Thread rival much?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Heh. I've never understood why people get so offended by posting in an old thread, to the extent that they themselves will post in it just to make that point. The content is still useful.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TD04 adaptor plates CJ_Derv 7 1,856 24-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Flatting turbo adapter plates 306Puggy 5 1,744 11-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Last Post: martyn92
  Sealing turbo plates HDIkyle 23 3,458 27-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Last Post: silverzx