Smoothed rear door handles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoothed rear door handles
What you going to use to open a door from the outside when there are no handles and the leccys gone? Oh yeah jaws of life - too late!! your toast cos the fire brigade didn't get there in time and the people that stopped to try and help have to live with the smell of cooked person which they'll never ever forget. Your choice, your funeral if you still need one.
I once worked for a guy who owned a TVR Cerbera which as some of you may know has no door handles and uses littles switches under the mirrors to activate the poppers to open the door. Anyway to cut a long story short the TVR electrics are also French - ie shit and kept draining his battery to the extent that he had to leave the car in his unit unlocked and had to jump start it every time he wanted to move it. A new battery lasted about 2 weeks and a new alternator didn't solve the battery going flat. One day it needed to go back to the TVR center in Birmingham for 'work' a constant thing with these cars and to try and sort the electrics out. Anyway someone had locked the car via the remote on the Friday after putting it back in the lock up and on Monday we had to smash the window to get in the car to open the bonnet to jump start it so I could drive it to the TVR center - have fun guys, I'll stick with my 4 colour coded handles thank you.
Thanks given by:
Mines all Clifford gd stuff and just I case battery ever went flat iv got a waterproof cig lighter on outside car and the cable to run to another car so is all gd. I might sticker on the side of my car if on fire plz leave as U cnt get in.
Thanks given by:
I have aero catches on the bonnet, so just unlock them lift the bonnet and add electric.

You have a lot of amazing stories.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 08:10 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I have aero catches on the bonnet, so just unlock them lift the bonnet and add electric.

You have a lot of amazing stories.

When you get into your 40's been married and got divorced you tend to have done a lot of stuff, been to a lot a places, faced a lot of trials and tribulations. Yeah, I admit sometimes I look back with regret at some of the stuff I've done but most of the time i look back with a smile and occasionally I've even made a difference to someone's life - I hope that those times go in my favour when my day of reckoning comes.
I've been to some amazing places, had a go at some amazing things, dealt with a lot of assholes but made some truly great friends too.
My body is suffering now for all the shit I've put it through, all the years of abuse but I tell you what live your life, enjoy it, 'carpe diem' but don't be stupid and take un-necessary risks, life is too short as it is.
Thanks given by:
Seize the day, very apt. But sometimes in live unessasary risk have to be taken and sometimes need to be taken to achieve goals.
Thanks given by:
Right... Smoothed rear handles look gay
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At end of day yeah it is a risk something are life wen i die I'll b happy i took risks and lived how i wntd. I think this is gettin stupid my car catch fire like its every where U look a car is on fire again it could happen but not alot i hear about.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to drag up old topics but de-locked and de-handled cars although they look nice are dangerous end of.

The reason I say this: My uncle was a firefighter a few years back and when he'd completed his initial training he had probably been in the job a few weeks when a Saxo that had been smoothed left the road and turned upside down in a ditch, luckily somebody saw the car leave the road as it had just overtook them the person stopped called emergency services and tried to get the person out but couldn't find the door handle, driver was unconscious so couldn't point them in the general direction of the popper. My uncle got there as a crew to free the occupant of the vehicle but by the time he had gotten there spilled fuel had caught fire and the car was ablaze. He wasn't long out of training and his first RTA he had the gruesome task of dragging the charred corpse of a 20 year old out of his once pride and joy.

And why, because it's "The in-thing" do what you must but if you think anything of your rear seat passengers or yourself for that matter, at least have a sticker that points to the location of the popper to make it easier for people should the worst happen.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2012, 09:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: imo de handled doors look wank! especially on a 5 door if you only do the rears!

What he said!!

If you have a 5 door, why try in every way possible to hide the back doors... just looks stupid imo anyway.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Bits of kids - haven't got a feckin clue!! Glad theres a few other sensible ones out there too. Us older more sensible and mature people who have the experience of life and have heard the horror stories, try and pass on our vast wealth of knowledge and experience so others don't make the same un- necessary mistakes.
It's the other people that I feel sorry for, those innocents who's lives are affected by others stupidity and lack of willingness to listen!!
Thanks given by:
Ash I'm only 25!!!

It's just that I'm one of the more mature 25 year olds that although I love cars and like to see what people do with them etc I know all too well the dangers of de-handled doors.

Thanks given by:
Fair play to you bud - I really wish people would listen though - it's not as though I enjoy flaming people but that has to be one of the most idiotic things to do to a road car - a show car I can understand. I only hope the kid and any of his mates in the car with him when he's out looning it about don't learn the hard way. The guy I pulled out would still be in there if I hadn't got a door handle to rip the door open and no doubt countless others have perished because of it - the practice should be banned IMO - de locking yes but no handles in an emergency when people are panicking?? TWAT!! I've been in a vehicle that crashed badly and although it shouldn't happen battery wires can get sheared leaving no power.
He says it's his life and life is about taking risks but I'm sure he said he's a lorry driver too - ill try and stay away from lorries in that case - you never know I might be on the same rd as him one day - scary or what??
Thanks given by:
There's some funny opinions in here.

If your windows smash in an accident then it will have been a very bad one, windows are very tough and actually form a structural part of your car. No rear door handles not only looks pooh but could also literally make the car a death trap..
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
This is what I'm saying bud - its a practice that needs banning.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 06:21 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Fair play to you bud - I really wish people would listen though - it's not as though I enjoy flaming people but that has to be one of the most idiotic things to do to a road car

Totally agree mate yeh I mean on a decent show car or something like that it does look good...but a road car where one day you might need someone else to pull you out the car no handles is in effect - Suicide. But I totally agree with you on the flaming point people seem to think I'm miserable because I have opinions that they seem to think I'm trying to persuade them not to do something totally different but my opinions are founded on the fact I've seen bad things happen from silly mods and stuff. And it's even more scary that he's supposedly a lorry driver and only lives 40 miles down the road from me where I travel quite a lot!!!

Seriously wondering though because in his original thread he was a scaffolder and builder...now he's a lorry driver as well!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 878 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  rear door upgrade Magenta Sunset 2 1,348 16-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Gti rear seats to 5 door bench dr_jekyll 6 1,635 03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll