Clutch biting high.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch biting high.
Took my car for a spin yesterday, and I'm sure the clutch is biting higher up than when I left in September?

Reckon clutch cable would solve this? If so anybody got part number/price/fitting guide?

Aaaaand, if I'm replacing that is it worth doing the throttle cable while I'm down there, as the throttle pedal isn't particularly smooth. Same goes for that as well, part no./price/fitting guide Big Grin

Cheers guys!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Before you go ahead and change the cable, try stamping on the clutch pedal a few times. Sometimes the adjusters get a bit sticky and they just need a bit of persuasion to move!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You might just need to tighten the cable a little.... Smile
Thanks given by:
Will be an auto cable, as said stamp on it, and push it to the floor, and purposely slip off it so it smashs back up again, do it a few times, will most likely fix your issue Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Accerator cable is likely to be because of the standard pug routing, if you move the potentimeter to the slam pannle the route the cable over the top engine mount and over the radiator itll feel alot smoother
Thanks given by:
Mmkay, I'll try abusing the clutch pedal in a minute when I go and clean the filthy bitch!

And I didn't understand a word of that Dum, you overstate my mechanical knowledge lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I got this when I changed to my winter footwear (sounds a bit strange) but must be using the clutch differently in boots.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Abusing the clutch works, well I t did on the 1.6 Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:Mmkay, I'll try abusing the clutch pedal in a minute when I go and clean the filthy bitch!

And I didn't understand a word of that Dum, you overstate my mechanical knowledge lol

Erm, Ill show you at a meet but you wont need a new cable
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
Kezzieboy Wrote:Mmkay, I'll try abusing the clutch pedal in a minute when I go and clean the filthy bitch!

Erm, Ill show you at a meet but you wont need a new cable

Not overly sure you're on about the same cable...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch biting point shervo 2 1,209 19-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Last Post: shervo