There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????
(11-07-2012, 10:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 09:44 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Can I ask what happened on that day?

Well, I think a lot of people here know anyway. I'll warn you its not nice though, don't read if you're eating.

Basically I drove down to chelmsford (over an hour away) to meet a lad off .net with some wheels. On the way, my guts started playing up (ibs ftl) and I got the services just in time for - there's no nice way to put this - 'mass evacuation'. Was literally just in time too, didn't even have time to lock the car or even close the door properly, 5 mins of traffic and it would've been very, very different! Sad

Then unfortunately a similar thing happened on my way to meet a mate just a week later but I turned around and got home in.time, then again a few months later while I was at college. So I'm now scared that it could happen any time, any where and those of you that are also unlucky enough to have ibs will know there is no way to cure it, just ways to try and make it less often (like avoiding stress.....yeah right!)

So I know there's about a half hour delay from the first signs until its really bad (although not all the time, sometimes there's no warning at all)......so I can go half hour from home, you can see the sense in it now I assume. And this is also why I need a powerful reliable car.....so I can get home f*cking quick if I need to (allowing more miles for the half hour)....and reliability, well one of my worst nightmares would be stranded broken down while having another 'episode' like before. So maybe it makes a little mote sense now why I want some things?

And I also have what's known as toilet phobia.....this means I need the loo (or feel i need to, even if nothings there) when I'm not near a 'safe' toilet (have a problem with public ones, really my only safe one is at home or nans).

I've never told anyone all of that before, just small bits to a few trustworthy people......and now I've put it on a public forum, maybe I'm finally past caring about embarrassment, or maybe I just don't give a shit anymore (no pun intended).....so anyway, now you know.......and as said above, it probably makes more sense as to why I do or don't do certain things now.

I have a few comments in reply to your post but my first is that I was eating the whole time I read that post, take more than that to make me sick Tongue

My dad's mate I think has a similar problem to you, he doesn't let it bother him though, he'll pull up on the hard shoulder and shit on the embankment or in a bucket in the back of his van. Not glamorous I know but if the needs arises that's what he does.

The toilet phobia thing I personally understand. I only piss in public loos and will only drop the kids off at a toilet I'm comfortable with. However I don't let it affect me, when I was away for 12 days on my charity run earlier in the year I of course had to go at some point so I did the next best thing, bog roll on the seat. (You f*ckers can take the piss all you like, I just plain don't like sitting on a bog that strangers have been on.) Slightly off topic; If I drop food on the floor the 10 second rule comes into play but I won't do the above, strange how the mind rationalises things.

I think in relation to you saying the doctors won't/can't help, you say you've been because of peer pressure, I don't think they'd be able to help you until it's you who wants to go to them, not because we've got you to go. Once you want to go, you'll be more willing to accept the help and it might actually do that, help.

One last thing, and I'll be honest(possibly too honest or blunt but hey that's me) I thought something worse had happened. Not putting down your issue, just wasn't as major as I was expecting.
Thanks given by:
Good on you Tom. You know I have IBS aswel and it really is a kick in the teeth when you try to get out and do more. I used to be terrible with travelling but im mostly over it now (although still dont like going abroad) and I dont drink alcohol whatsoever, its just not worth it!

Unfortunately being triggered by stress it can get into a viscous circle but you need to sort out the mental side before the physical symptoms get better.

Anybody taking the piss out of Tom for his above post needs their head kicking in, just leave it out if youve got a twattyy comment.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that mate. It must be complete shite!
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 10:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Basically I drove down to chelmsford (over an hour away) to meet a lad off .net with some wheels. On the way, my guts started playing up (ibs ftl) and I got the services just in time for - there's no nice way to put this - 'mass evacuation'.

Dude I once shit myself in college when I was 18...did I stop going? No did I f*ck because life's too short to give a shit about embarrassment!

Honestly dude you either need to go to the doctors who WILL help but as was mentioned before steer clear of the anti-depressants they're a lady garden when I was on them (still supposed to be on them) I was like a f*cking zombie until they started kicking in and then I stopped taking them as I didn't like the fact that I didn't feel as if I was 'me' basically it felt as if I was somebody else but in my own body either way I stopped taking them felt like shit for ages and the doctors have finally decided that I might have been wrongly diagnosed with depression and I might actually be bipolar.

But honestly dude take a risk if you can't go anywhere without needing the loo then why don't you start taking out a couple of spare pairs of trousers and underpants etc at least then that will give you a little more confidence!

Good luck though mate and hope you get something sorted I'm pretty sure we're all behind you on this one.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so if i buy you some of these you will come to FCS next year? Tongue

[Image: Capture-1.png]

and cheers for coming over today mate. Was good to see you and cheers for the help. Im pretty happy with the car atm! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 11:00 PM)SRowell Wrote: so if i buy you some of these you will come to FCS next year? Tongue

and cheers for coming over today mate. Was good to see you and cheers for the help. Im pretty happy with the car atm! Big Grin

I see a flaw in the plan...If you have a few more pounds on you than Joe Bloggs when you sit on it. Well let's just say you won't be as happy as a pig in shit!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 11:02 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 11:00 PM)SRowell Wrote: so if i buy you some of these you will come to FCS next year? Tongue

I see a flaw in the plan...If you have a few more pounds on you than Joe Bloggs when you sit on it. Well let's just say you won't be as happy as a pig in shit!

well... you could squat... im pretty sure its actually quite stong.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 10:39 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I have a few comments in reply to your post but my first is that I was eating the whole time I read that post, take more than that to make me sick

My dad's mate I think has a similar problem to you, he doesn't let it bother him though, he'll pull up on the hard shoulder and shit on the embankment or in a bucket in the back of his van. Not glamorous I know but if the needs arises that's what he does.

The toilet phobia thing I personally understand. I only piss in public loos and will only drop the kids off at a toilet I'm comfortable with. However I don't let it affect me, when I was away for 12 days on my charity run earlier in the year I of course had to go at some point so I did the next best thing, bog roll on the seat. (You f*ckers can take the piss all you like, I just plain don't like sitting on a bog that strangers have been on.) Slightly off topic; If I drop food on the floor the 10 second rule comes into play but I won't do the above, strange how the mind rationalises things.

I think in relation to you saying the doctors won't/can't help, you say you've been because of peer pressure, I don't think they'd be able to help you until it's you who wants to go to them, not because we've got you to go. Once you want to go, you'll be more willing to accept the help and it might actually do that, help.

One last thing, and I'll be honest(possibly too honest or blunt but hey that's me) I thought something worse had happened. Not putting down your issue, just wasn't as major as I was expecting.

Well, I was trying to keep it nice for others that may not have such a strong stomach...lets just say, I left out the details - I wouldn't have liked being the one who had to clean that loo, floor, etc afterwards - and God help anyone that walked in there after me. I can at least see the funny side of it now. Tongue

With the TP, it's not just shit, can't wee when I'm out either, until I get familiar with the loo/surroundings. Sad Which is another reason I can't go far/for long...because I'll literally piss myself before being able to use a public loo (it hasn't happened - yet!). And its not like I 'won't' go, its that I physically can't........there was a guy on embarrasing illnesses with the same problem a while back, but I never saw how he fixed it. I did manage to help it a bit though in college, where I obviously had to wee at some point - just incase anyone else has the same issue - close your eyes and count, by about 20 it should be flowing, if not give up and try again later.

I don't mind you being honest at all, it's not the fact that I almost shit myself in the car, afterall, shit happens - but its the fact that it 'could' happen again, and I have no idea when. And then because I'm thinking about it, the chance of it happening goes up too.

And anyone thats seen in my boot will know I have always got a spare pair of jeans and boxers and half a bog roll in there just incase lol - pretty sure I couldn't just shit on the hard shoulder like your uncle though tbh.

(11-07-2012, 10:44 PM)Dan! Wrote: Good on you Tom. You know I have IBS aswel and it really is a kick in the teeth when you try to get out and do more. I used to be terrible with travelling but im mostly over it now (although still dont like going abroad) and I dont drink alcohol whatsoever, its just not worth it!

Unfortunately being triggered by stress it can get into a viscous circle but you need to sort out the mental side before the physical symptoms get better.

Anybody taking the piss out of Tom for his above post needs their head kicking in, just leave it out if youve got a twattyy comment.

Thanks Dan.

Yeah I know you do too......but I see on here and fb that you go to so many car shows and stuff and think 'well if Dan can do that, why can't I?'........ I saw you even went to FCS with that and your scaffolding on too and that did make me feel quite pathetic tbf.

As you don't drink either - whats your idea of a good night out? Smile

(11-07-2012, 10:56 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 10:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Basically I drove down to chelmsford (over an hour away) to meet a lad off .net with some wheels. On the way, my guts started playing up (ibs ftl) and I got the services just in time for - there's no nice way to put this - 'mass evacuation'.

Dude I once shit myself in college when I was 18...did I stop going? No did I f*ck because life's too short to give a shit about embarrassment!

Honestly dude you either need to go to the doctors who WILL help but as was mentioned before steer clear of the anti-depressants they're a lady garden when I was on them (still supposed to be on them) I was like a f*cking zombie until they started kicking in and then I stopped taking them as I didn't like the fact that I didn't feel as if I was 'me' basically it felt as if I was somebody else but in my own body either way I stopped taking them felt like shit for ages and the doctors have finally decided that I might have been wrongly diagnosed with depression and I might actually be bipolar.

But honestly dude take a risk if you can't go anywhere without needing the loo then why don't you start taking out a couple of spare pairs of trousers and underpants etc at least then that will give you a little more confidence!

Good luck though mate and hope you get something sorted I'm pretty sure we're all behind you on this one.

How the hell did you get over something like that?? After my college incident, I had to tell the tutor why I kept having to nip to the loo, and of course everyone in class knew there was only place I could be going, I couldn't face going back in class for weeks so I stayed down in the library on the PCs to do my work, and chat to people on the forum lol. Luckily my tutor understood as he also has IBS and was very good about it and said I was allowed to the loo whenever, but I couldnt face everyone else knowing what I was doing - daft eh, as everyone has to shit! My attendance was terrible earlier in the year (although I was at college, just not in lesson!) but I did push myself towards the end and managed to get it back up to about 80% by the end......had been 100% through out school and college before that though. Sad

Did reminded me of Will off the inbetweeners though, when he shat himself in an exam - things are always funnier when they happen to other people on tele aren't they!

Yeah I can't even take a hayfever pill so I certainly won't be taking anti depressants - I've heard boost is a good anti depressant though. Big Grin And as said above, I do have spares just incase the worst happens - still doesn't make me feel any less worried about though.

(11-07-2012, 11:00 PM)SRowell Wrote: so if i buy you some of these you will come to FCS next year?

and cheers for coming over today mate. Was good to see you and cheers for the help. Im pretty happy with the car atm!

Erm....no, lol, thats still fairly public! Confused

And no worries, was good to get out of my house. Smile And a bit of a blast down the A12 was quite fun I suppose, just a shame there were so many people in the way!

(11-07-2012, 11:02 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: I see a flaw in the plan...If you have a few more pounds on you than Joe Bloggs when you sit on it. Well let's just say you won't be as happy as a pig in shit!

I'm only 8 and a half stone, don't think that would be a problem for me haha.
Thanks given by:
Tom you have a lot of issues that an internet forum can only help with to an extent.

I worked for a bloke once with similar conditions you have, he owned his own toy shop and worked mostly out the back; he was a social recluse. He changed all this by his mid-30s but in my opinion (and I'm sure you'll agree) this was too late to address it.

Sort out your problems or seek help soon or you'll literally piss the best years of your life away.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:37 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Sort out your problems or seek help soon or you'll literally piss the best years of your life away.

QFT. This.. this... and this tom, you only live once buddy and you don't want to waste any of it!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
8 and a half stone? Aren't you like 6ft tall or something?
Thanks given by:
6' 1 i believe
Thanks given by:
Wow, should maybe see the doctor about that tbh. I'm 5'10" and weigh 11 stone and I'm slim, only got to that recently because I've been cycling and working out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah im similar to that, just over 6ft and I weigh 12st, but theres no fat on me at all lol
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:49 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: 8 and a half stone? Aren't you like 6ft tall or something?

i weigh about that but iam a short arse at 5ft 3".
theres a few people at work have ibs. its doesnt bother them at all talking about it tom. one lad i used to work with had bad spells with his, never stopped him getting out and about.
tom you will get to a point and say f*ck it, things that used really rub me up just goes over my head as i dont care.
yeah, iam a ugly short arse but who cares Smile
something will come your way tom just wait and see. as for doctors and NHS dont get me started on them f*ckers!!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:37 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: ..........you'll literally piss the best years of your life away.

I think I've already done that?

(12-07-2012, 11:27 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Wow, should maybe see the doctor about that tbh. I'm 5'10" and weigh 11 stone and I'm slim, only got to that recently because I've been cycling and working out.

I'm 5'11.............yes I'm thin, shitting lots will cause weight loss, its all coming from somewhere. Tongue

And you're as bad as the doctor! They totally ignored the anxiety side of things and just wanted to test me for all sorts of diseases as I've lost weight in the last 6 years (last time i was at the dr's after passing out from a jab in school). Obviously shitting will cause weight loss....and im not even a doctor lol.

So yeah, they wanted to take blood tests and stuff............I don't like blood, and I have a proper bad phobia of needles. I never booked the tests (obv!) but that'll be on my record now so I can't really face going back now. Confused

(12-07-2012, 01:08 PM)procta Wrote: something will come your way tom just wait and see.

Will it? I've been waiting ~7 years for something to change for the better, stuffs just got progressively worse. And now I've sorta realised that stuff isn't just gonna happen out of the blue, stuff isnt gonna miraculously get fixed..........but I feel so deep in shit now (the irony!) that I can't see a way out. Undecided
Thanks given by:
Tom, if you're going to put a mental downer on absolutely everything then how do you expect to feel positive or get anywhere?!
Thanks given by:
You can't just wait and expect stuff to change/come to you, you have to go and do stuff for yourself.

I know it's related to the anxiety/ibs/problems and it's not exactly good. Being too slim can have adverse effects on your body just like being a fat lady garden can.

I don't like needles either, have to be sedated when I have teeth out otherwise I wouldn't let them take them out.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:19 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Tom, if you're going to put a mental downer on absolutely everything then how do you expect to feel positive or get anywhere?!

Well I dont expect to get anywhere.....thats literally what I just said above.

I don't really know how to be positive anyway......maybe I do need those antidepressants afterall. Rolleyes

(12-07-2012, 02:20 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: You can't just wait and expect stuff to change/come to you, you have to go and do stuff for yourself.

I know it's related to the anxiety/ibs/problems and it's not exactly good. Being too slim can have adverse effects on your body just like being a fat lady garden can.

I don't like needles either, have to be sedated when I have teeth out otherwise I wouldn't let them take them out.

I realise that now that its too late Sam!

I'm not bothered about my body, it's f*cked anyway lol, might donate it to science?

And don't mention teeth. Sad I really dont like dentists, its everything that I hate, pain, entrapment, invasion, etc - and after last time (serious panic attack) I've said I'm not going anymore. Now I've got a wisdom tooth that seems to have started and then stopped growing. Confused Cannot cope with having to have it out if thats what it comes to......been worrying about that for a few weeks now too, I mean i dont even know what the f*ck its there for, I seem to have done alright with 28 teeth until now, why do I need more. Just gotta try and forget about it, blissful ignorance is the way forward right....its worked so well for everything else. Undecided
Thanks given by:
for real tom, after having read along thru this thread, i think the first thing you should look to trying to sort is your anxiety issues. my ex had pretty bad problems with anxiety, and it did some pretty horrible things to our relationship, but she got help for it, even tho it took her a long time to find the right person with the right diagnosis, and after trying so many different therapists and remedies, literally she tried eveything, and eventually found the right one, and the difference was unreal, literally you could see a change in a week.

obviously it took more than that, and she is still changing, but now shes moved on from the therapist stage, and is working through it on her own, and shes a completely different person now.

have a look around, try and find a specialist and do it for yourself Tom.

good luck to you mate
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
It's never too late. I'll tell you something; about 3 years ago, I really wanted a missus, fed up of being alone, seeing friends with their gf's, etc. I didn't seem to have any luck at all, thought I was going to be single forever then out of nowhere my mate gave me a phone number and hey presto I found myself with a girlfriend. Popped my cherry, had some fun, spent a year with her then she jogged me on, but meh shit happens. It made me realise though that I needed to get out and stuff if I wanted anything like that, sitting at home on my xbox/pc which I had been doing wasn't exactly proving too well for me. Also gave me the confidence to talk to girls, not as scary as I thought they were lol And I'm not too bad at it Tongue

Your body just has a few problems, same as a Pug Wink

I had a couple teeth out at the start of last year because they were causing me pain/broken. One needle in my arm, which I think gave me a small panic attack(got hot, heart rate increased, everything went black for a second) then next thing I remember I'm in the recovery room with my mum. The way I look at it was it better to have the one in my arm than one in my mouth.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well I dont expect to get anywhere.....thats literally what I just said above.

I don't really know how to be positive anyway......maybe I do need those antidepressants afterall. Rolleyes

That's exactly what i mean though, if you always think the worst and nothing else then lifes going to suck, I know it's hard trying to be positive when there is what seems like very little you can be positive about.. I know you said earlier that 'talking doesn't help' but you'd be suprised! Have you ever even tried to see a therapist?
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:48 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: It's never too late. I'll tell you something; about 3 years ago, I really wanted a missus, fed up of being alone, seeing friends with their gf's, etc. I didn't seem to have any luck at all, thought I was going to be single forever then out of nowhere my mate gave me a phone number and hey presto I found myself with a girlfriend. Popped my cherry, had some fun, spent a year with her then she jogged me on, but meh shit happens. It made me realise though that I needed to get out and stuff if I wanted anything like that, sitting at home on my xbox/pc which I had been doing wasn't exactly proving too well for me. Also gave me the confidence to talk to girls, not as scary as I thought they were lol And I'm not too bad at it Tongue

id love to have a MRS Procta but its getting the time when you and my pals are off at the same to go out on a night out.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:15 PM)procta Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 02:48 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: It's never too late. I'll tell you something; about 3 years ago, I really wanted a missus, fed up of being alone, seeing friends with their gf's, etc. I didn't seem to have any luck at all, thought I was going to be single forever then out of nowhere my mate gave me a phone number and hey presto I found myself with a girlfriend. Popped my cherry, had some fun, spent a year with her then she jogged me on, but meh shit happens. It made me realise though that I needed to get out and stuff if I wanted anything like that, sitting at home on my xbox/pc which I had been doing wasn't exactly proving too well for me. Also gave me the confidence to talk to girls, not as scary as I thought they were lol And I'm not too bad at it Tongue

id love to have a MRS Procta but its getting the time when you and my pals are off at the same to go out on a night out.

I have the same problem mate, I work evenings and weekends so Friday and Saturday nights are spent working instead of getting sticky fingers.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:17 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 03:15 PM)procta Wrote:

I have the same problem mate, I work evenings and weekends so Friday and Saturday nights are spent working instead of getting sticky fingers.

its a pain in the arse isnt it!!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:48 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Your body just has a few problems, same as a Pug Wink

Yeah and what happens to old pugs these days, they're all broken for parts or scrapped lol.

(12-07-2012, 02:44 PM)samass Wrote: have a look around, try and find a specialist and do it for yourself Tom.

good luck to you mate

(12-07-2012, 02:51 PM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 02:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well I dont expect to get anywhere.....thats literally what I just said above.

That's exactly what i mean though, if you always think the worst and nothing else then lifes going to suck, I know it's hard trying to be positive when there is what seems like very little you can be positive about.. I know you said earlier that 'talking doesn't help' but you'd be suprised! Have you ever even tried to see a therapist?

No guys, Ive never tried a therapist, I really can't see the point. I'm not good at talking, I don't like talking, and I certainly couldn't talk about this kinda thing face to face with anyone. Would just make me feel more awkward and worried than when I started I think. Confused
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:18 PM)procta Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 03:17 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 03:15 PM)procta Wrote: id love to have a MRS Procta but its getting the time when you and my pals are off at the same to go out on a night out.

its a pain in the arse isnt it!!

Yep, especially as the only time I get to interact with fit girls is when I'm delivering their pizza. I don't do too well on my own when talking to girls as the onus is generally on the man to start the conversation/keep it going, I draw a blank when thinking of something to say whereas normally I can talk for ages about nothing but if I'm in a group I'm fine.
Thanks given by:
i hear that mate, im not the best at talking, nor was my ex. but its what therapists do, they can get it out of you lol
she found it pretty awkward at first, but then it just started to flow. never say never.

Thanks given by:
Don't knock it until you try it tom, you will find it hard at first discussing it with a random person, but the other way to think about it is that they know nobody you do and wont tell anyone so it can go no further, so you can look at them as someone you can say anything to and it will go no further than that Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
^^ what he said.
doctor patient confidentiality and all that

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.9 Dturbo 205 vs pd mk2 golf pugtk 11 2,491 14-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy