There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????
My renewal is on Saturday which is my 21st and that has dropped my insurance by almost 1k. I'm now paying £950 on the 6 in a grade E area with 3 points and two accidents.
Should drop big time at 21.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:02 PM)Niall Wrote: My renewal is on Saturday which is my 21st and that has dropped my insurance by almost 1k. I'm now paying £950 on the 6 in a grade E area with 3 points and two accidents.

How?

I'm in a grade E too and I had a quick look on moneysupermarket the other day and was getting quotes of £1100 on a DT and I hadn't put my mods on. That's the same as I've paid for the last year except I now have 3 years no claims and no points.

Same ago too.

EDIT: I should probably give JJ a call when he's at work, can finally use those insurers as I'm old enough and with no claims.
Thanks given by:
Jesus Tom, why join a car forum if you don't want to meet the people you speak to every day?

Never met you but you do really need to lighten up, a LOT. You're far too young to be worrying about half the shit you do, you'll end up in an early grave at this rate!

And what does an extra 5mpg mean to a guy that died of hyperstresssyndrome at the age of 22?

Put your foot down once in a while, use you nan's money to buy yourself a filthy hooker, get ointment for the inevitable STD... or at least go out and enjoy yourself for once. The world's a beautiful place, you don't need money to enjoy yourself.

(10-07-2012, 10:15 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Same ago too.

Same age as last year?

[Image: 23273166.jpg]
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:02 PM)Niall Wrote: My renewal is on Saturday which is my 21st and that has dropped my insurance by almost 1k. I'm now paying £950 on the 6 in a grade E area with 3 points and two accidents.

I'm paying less that that on the golf atm. :/ I do.t have any points though, and ipswich is an a rated area.....not sure how though!

(10-07-2012, 10:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Jesus Tom, why join a car forum if you don't want to meet the people you speak to every day?

Never met you but you do really need to lighten up, a LOT. You're far too young to be worrying about half the shit you do, you'll end up in an early grave at this rate!

And what does an extra 5mpg mean to a guy that died of hyperstresssyndrome at the age of 22?

qut your foot down once in a while, use you nan's money to buy yourself a filthy hooker, get ointment for the inevitable STD... or at least go out and enjoy yourself for once. The world's a beautiful place, you don't need money to enjoy yourself.

Why join the forum? Well I can speak to you guys about stuff that I wouldn't tell people I know as I'll never meet you.....ok so in reality I have now met quite a few of you that know I'm a pathetic, anxious, depressed, ocd freak, which I can imagine is a great first impression. lmao

If I'm gonna die at 22 is like to know in advance.....that way I can blow all my inheritance and savings on some massive petrol and just drive solidly for the next two years....can't take it with you afterall! Wink

I'm not sure about hookers or stds being on the list to do before you die lol, but I do see your point!
Thanks given by:
Why don't you just do that now? (Blow the inheritance/savings)

I know it's not the smart thing to do but it'd make you happy Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm not sure about hookers or stds being on the list to do before you die lol, but I do see your point!

They're only on the list until you actually do them. Then you can remove them.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:36 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Why don't you just do that now? (Blow the inheritance/savings)

I know it's not the smart thing to do but it'd make you happy Smile

Not gonna lie....I have thought about it! But that short amount of getting something I actually want wouldn't be worth it. I do have to think about this sensibly. :/ even if I can't see past the end of each week, I'm not just gonna rinse all my savings for the hell of it.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: The world's a beautiful place, you don't need money to enjoy yourself.

And not a truer word was spoken.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:42 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 10:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: The world's a beautiful place, you don't need money to enjoy yourself.

And not a truer word was spoken.

You need arms though TMI
Thanks given by:
Form > Function. My arms look fine they just dont do much.
Thanks given by:
Aren't they like a car with shit on the interior? Fine on the outside but screwed (literally) inside Tongue
Thanks given by:
Tom. mate, lighten up on yourself!

Back on "the other forum" when you had the china 1.4 you seemed happier, you posted more about what you were doing to the car and, even though you complained, it was nothing compared to how you whine about your fecking VAG's

Sell the golf and the NAD, get a china phase 3 1.4, put your angel eyes on it, 40mm and clones and that's your car sorted.

Then find yourself a couple of mates, get out on the pull, go have fun!

And show up to the big meets, you won't feel left out or like you have to go, and you'll have a good time.

And about money, I bet you break even from selling the Golf then buying and insuring a 306, the rest is cheap or free!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
f*cking hell, not this again. Just walk
Thanks given by:
^^^ Rofl

This may seem like unrelated advice, but it's perfectly relevant to this conversation, possibly more so than the other posts up until this point and i say it with the best of intentions. Don't question this advice or try to argue, just do it, as soon as humanly possible. It may not make sense now, but it will once you've done it, believe me...

Move out of your parents' house.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why join the forum? Well I can speak to you guys about stuff that I wouldn't tell people I know as I'll never meet you.....ok so in reality I have now met quite a few of you that know I'm a pathetic, anxious, depressed, ocd freak, which I can imagine is a great first impression.

I suffer with depression, I did suffer with anxiety, I have low self-esteem, I do have OCD with regards to cleaning things (not the hand-washy thing) I've also been single for 9 years, can barely afford to run a car full stop let alone something with less MPG than the current car...

But you know what life's too short to judge a book by its cover, get out the damn house take a few risks, f*ck I took a risk 4 years ago only ever ridden a ped and jumped on a 750 Yamaha and ended up severing my elbow (still not repaired, breaking my clavicle in 2 places, breaking 4 ribs and suffering head, neck and spinal injuries...Life is a learning curve so for f*ck sake tighten your seatbelt stick your foot down and throw yourself into that curve and see what the outcome is!

And as it goes I'm shy around people the first couple of times but I can't f*cking wait to meet you all!

(10-07-2012, 11:48 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Back on "the other forum" when you had the china 1.4 you seemed happier, you posted more about what you were doing to the car and, even though you complained, it was nothing compared to how you whine about your fecking VAG's

I think I'd be complaining if I was a bloke with a Vag too...ahhh wait we're talking about the 'Dub!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 11:08 PM)Dan! Wrote: Form > Function. My arms look fine they just dont do much.

Sounds exactly like my.....errm......nothing. Confused

(10-07-2012, 11:48 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Tom. mate, lighten up on yourself!

Back on "the other forum" when you had the china 1.4 you seemed happier, you posted more about what you were doing to the car and, even though you complained, it was nothing compared to how you whine about your fecking VAG's

Sell the golf and the NAD, get a china phase 3 1.4, put your angel eyes on it, 40mm and clones and that's your car sorted.

Then find yourself a couple of mates, get out on the pull, go have fun!

And show up to the big meets, you won't feel left out or like you have to go, and you'll have a good time.

And about money, I bet you break even from selling the Golf then buying and insuring a 306, the rest is cheap or free!

Funny you should say that, as if I'd never bought that 1.4, I wouldn't be in the situation I am now. It was one time of something happening (due to owning that car, sort of) that's f*cked me up for distance ever since, was August 3rd 2010 when it happened, nearly 2 years now. Undecided

That aside, I did like that car when I bought it - unfortunately I spent more repairing it than I have any golf though. Dodgy And I also never really did anything to it, was mostly done by the previous owner, then with the 1.8, I just swapped all the stuff over so I didn't really do anything new to that either.

The golf was totally different though, things like my SMIC pipework hadn't been done before (in the way that I did it) by anyone on the forums that I looked through, and with the engine mods I did have it reliably running 180bhp (no boost leaks or anything) before the turbo popped, which was my fault anyway, not the map's. I just never really put it on here because afterall this is a 306 forum, who wants to hear about golfs!?

I know this sounds daft......but a 1.4 would cost more to fuel and tax than the Golf!! A HDi Meridian with the same looks as my 1.4 is tempting though, I kept all the stuff from my 306s as I knew I'd get another, was just hoping it'd be a '6 though.

I dunno what you think the golfs worth but I don't think it'd cover buying and insuring a 306! Tongue Although dealers seem to have put diesel golfs up lately, all around 4k with the same milage and spec....for a car thats atleast 10 years and does show it's age, even if the interior build quality is good (they really don't fall apart like for example 106s lol) but it still looks old inside imo. Mines probably worth half that though....if I'm lucky......plus the mods I can sell separately.

(11-07-2012, 12:44 AM)stephenraymond606 Wrote: f*cking hell, not this again. Just walk

Thanks for the input there Stephen!! lmao

(11-07-2012, 04:17 AM)Poodle Wrote: Move out of your parents' house.

Even you probably don't realise how relevant that is!!

The anxiety and depression is halfed when I'm home alone for a week, this eases the erm 'bowel movements' too, and although the OCD doesn't get better, it's much easier to cope with when other people aren't here as well. I'm aware a week home alone isn't the same as moving out, but its pretty similar.

Now this is where the rock and the hard place come in too.........living here, with a house full of family makes everything more difficult as I said above, this makes doing a job much more difficult too (plus living so far away from town, for simiar reasons) - I know I'd be so much better in myself if I moved into a flat in town on my own, life would be easier and doing a job would be much easier too. But of course I can't move out without money from a job..........and a decent job that pays enough to move out is never gonna happen for me while I'm still living here - I just go round in circles and I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place here. Thats one of the main reasons I've got nothing to look forward to I suppose, becasue I just cannot see anything happening any time soon.

(11-07-2012, 05:19 AM)InkedMuttley Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 10:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why join the forum? Well I can speak to you guys about stuff that I wouldn't tell people I know as I'll never meet you.....ok so in reality I have now met quite a few of you that know I'm a pathetic, anxious, depressed, ocd freak, which I can imagine is a great first impression.

I suffer with depression, I did suffer with anxiety, I have low self-esteem, I do have OCD with regards to cleaning things (not the hand-washy thing) I've also been single for 9 years, can barely afford to run a car full stop let alone something with less MPG than the current car...

But you know what life's too short to judge a book by its cover, get out the damn house take a few risks, f*ck I took a risk 4 years ago only ever ridden a ped and jumped on a 750 Yamaha and ended up severing my elbow (still not repaired, breaking my clavicle in 2 places, breaking 4 ribs and suffering head, neck and spinal injuries...Life is a learning curve so for f*ck sake tighten your seatbelt stick your foot down and throw yourself into that curve and see what the outcome is!

And as it goes I'm shy around people the first couple of times but I can't f*cking wait to meet you all!

So......you took a risk and ended up severly injured....why would I want to do that?? Undecided But seriously...I do completely see what you mean...I'm just not good at taking risks.
Thanks given by:
Tom get a china hdi and be done with it!
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 10:32 AM)SRowell Wrote: Tom get a Diablo hdi and be done with it!

Edited for accuracy
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Bored of china.....and I've had too many diablos, next may have to be astor. Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The golf was totally different though, things like my SMIC pipework hadn't been done before (in the way that I did it) by anyone on the forums that I looked through, and with the engine mods I did have it reliably running 180bhp (no boost leaks or anything) before the turbo popped, which was my fault anyway, not the map's. I just never really put it on here because afterall this is a 306 forum, who wants to hear about golfs!?

I know this sounds daft......but a 1.4 would cost more to fuel and tax than the Golf!! A HDi Meridian with the same looks as my 1.4 is tempting though, I kept all the stuff from my 306s as I knew I'd get another, was just hoping it'd be a '6 though.

I dunno what you think the golfs worth but I don't think it'd cover buying and insuring a 306! Although dealers seem to have put diesel golfs up lately, all around 4k with the same milage and spec....for a car thats atleast 10 years and does show it's age, even if the interior build quality is good (they really don't fall apart like for example 106s lol) but it still looks old inside imo. Mines probably worth half that though....if I'm lucky......plus the mods I can sell separately.

I don't think your getting your own hint there tommeh! Lol that was all about golfs
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Be quiet Phil. Tongue

Well I took some of your advice today...........and ragged the fcuk out of the car, then convoyed a few miles with Sam too...........and narrowly missed crashing into a woman in a volvo estate that shouldve gone to specsavers lol. I only averaged 50mpg on the trip computer when I got home so I must have been giving it some Sad ....and I may have accidently left quite a lot of soot on sams bonnet, oops. Big Grin Must admit though, somethings definitely broken now. Undecided
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 08:59 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I dunno what you think the golfs worth but I don't think it'd cover buying and insuring a 306! Tongue

Worst case scenario? 2 grand for the Golf?

You could buy a decent 306 for £7-800 easy. Even if your insurance is £1200, that's a total of 2 grand. So you break even.

But you can find decent 306's for £600, and your insurance should be down to near the £700 mark? So that makes £1300 total. Leaves you £700 to play with!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Excuse number one will be that there are no decent 306's for sale in Toms neighbourhood and the only ones that are for sale are all £1200+......
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 08:54 PM)Dan! Wrote: Excuse number one will be that there are no decent 306's for sale in Toms neighbourhood and the only ones that are for sale are all £1200+......

You're exactly right Dan. Sad

Also I think you're a bit optimistic jonny, I only paid 2200 for the car lol, it can't still be worth 2k! And as Dan said, there's no hdis about locally. Sad not even high priced ones in crap spec and an awful colour lol....

Honestly this distance issue does my head in.....one f*cking day, that's all it was that's stopped me going further than an hour from home for 2 years. I drove further the week I passed my driving test, in a poverty spec unreliable ph2 1.4 with almost no brakes (they failed mot a week later with both f*cked rear cylinders and broke handbrake cable), than I can now and have done for the last 2 years. I know its pathetic, I know its all in my head (well, until its all over the seat) so I don't know why I can't just man the f*ck up, argh.......

am I glad I got that off my chest? No not really, I'm just fed up of there always being barriers to everything, too far, too much money, too late, too difficult, too many people, etc etc . Undecided
Thanks given by:
Tom I'm not taking the piss when I say this but I really do think you need help! Go to the doctor and tell them your issues and they will refer you to someone to help.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Can I ask what happened on that day?
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 09:35 PM)Niall Wrote: Tom I'm not taking the piss when I say this but I really do think you need help! Go to the doctor and tell them your issues and they will refer you to someone to help.

I don't like doctors (no surprise there) but after peer pressure from some of the people on here I did go a short while ago, was absolutely useless and infact made me worse not better. That is the same place that said my grandad was fine, the day before be died, then the same place that it took us weeks to get a signature for the death of my other grandad - I hate doctors even more than before now, if they can't even write a signature how can they fix people ffs!

And realistically what can they do anyway? Give me some pills, which I can't take....or talk to me about manning up? Talking doesn't help anyone with anything!

I know you're trying to help niall and this rant isn't aimed at you mate, if that's how it looks.

I was in a good mood earlier as well, shame it never lasts. I should probably go to bed now, before depressing the forum any more.
Thanks given by:
Tom talking can help. No they probably wont offer you any pills (and if they offer you anti depressants, stay well away from them!)
More than likely they will refer you to some sort of counciling.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 09:44 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Can I ask what happened on that day?

Well, I think a lot of people here know anyway. I'll warn you its not nice though, don't read if you're eating.

Basically I drove down to chelmsford (over an hour away) to meet a lad off .net with some wheels. On the way, my guts started playing up (ibs ftl) and I got the services just in time for - there's no nice way to put this - 'mass evacuation'. Was literaly just in time too, didn't even have time to lock the car or even close the door properly, 5 mins of traffic and it would've been very, very different! Sad

Then unfortunately a similar thing happened on my way to meet a mate just a week later but I turned around and got home in.time, then again a few months later while I was at college. So I'm now scared that it could happen any time, any where and those of you that are also unlucky enough to have ibs will know there is no way to cure it, just ways to try and make it less often (like avoiding stress.....yeah right!)

So I know there's about a half hour delay from the first signs until its really bad (although not all the time, sometimes there's no warning at all)......so I can go half hour from home, you can see the sense in it now I assume. And this is also why I need a powerful reliable car.....so I can get home f*cking quick if I need to (allowing more miles for the half hour)....and reliability, well one of my worst nightmares would be stranded broken down while having another 'episode' like before. So maybe it makes a little mote sense now why I want some things?

And I also have what's known as toilet phobia.....this means I need the loo (or feel i need to, even if nothings there) when I'm not near a 'safe' toilet (have a problem with public ones, really my only safe one is at home or nans).

I've never told anyone all of that before, just small bits to a few trustworthy people......and now I've put it on a public forum, maybe I'm finally past caring about embarrasment, or maybe I just don't give a shit anymore (no pun intended).....so anyway, now you know.......and as said above, it probably makes more sense as to why I do or don't do certain things now.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 09:44 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Can I ask what happened on that day?

Seriously what's so bad that's virtually f*cked you up for 2 years. Sounds harsh but with sounds of it it's true.
You need to go doctors fair enough of your experiences but there's other doctors out there mate. Some counciling will sort you out.
You can't keep living life the way you are, it's not good for you.

Now go and rock out with your covk out!!!!!! Go find some girl fall in love with her and you'll find your problems are noting in comparison to women ;p
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.9 Dturbo 205 vs pd mk2 golf pugtk 11 2,496 14-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  xud van vs golf gti 1.8 t xudlingo 30 5,099 21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  Anyone play golf? THE_Liam 25 11,016 19-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam