PTFE 306 GTI6 Inlet Manifold Gaskets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PTFE 306 GTI6 Inlet Manifold Gaskets
really great to see so many of you guys at Pugfest, especially some of the GTi6 members on the hill with us 406 coupe's

I have 10 x PTFE 5mm Inlet Manifolds left for sale in white PTFE, expertly cut using Water Jet process from a company that is local to me, have used them for other manifolds over the last ten years, so you can be assured that these are both top notch material and are precision cut against a new GTi6 manifold gasket for accuracy.

first come first served, the cost is £23.50 delivered anywhere in the UK ( for Europe the cost is £26.50 )

I accept paypal to email : pcourtney1@gmail.com

any questions, just call or text me, my mobile is 07866 767835, my blackberry email is also pcourtney1@gmail.com for any questions

accept paypal, cheques, online banking, just to make things easy, just ask what payment method suits you and I will pm back the bank info.

thank you
Peter Courtney
Hertford Town

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I can vouch for these.

I bought one last week and arrived at the weekend. Great quality

Oh and welcome along mate Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 01:35 PM)Matt Wrote: I can vouch for these. I bought one last week and arrived at the weekend. Great quality
Oh and welcome along mate Smile

much appreciated Matt, always nice to have someone recommend you, and glad you like the PTFE gasket I sent you, cheers :-)
Thanks given by:
I'll take one......!!!

You don't know anyone with a throttle body to inlet gasket too???? Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This ^^^ if you do these too I'd be sorted
Thanks given by:
bit of a n00b here! Was witht eh gti6 lot when you came around selling these however what is the advantage of these and how tight do you do the bolts up with them fitted? I have a feeling the point maybe to keep the metal parts further apart so there is less heat conducted?
Thanks given by:
I have been asked what is so special about PTFE, and why is it so expensive, so this may shed some light on the stuff.

"PTFE Sheet is officially in the record book as having the lowest co-efficient of friction of any soild material and is extremely effective operating at very high and very low temperatures. It has fantastic chemical resistance and superb electrical insulation properties. PTFE Sheet can be tricky to bond, but it is non melting and is self extinguishing"

So they're relatively soft, which is good because they compress a little bit with 20 torque and seal well, they'll even move enough to seal light scratches in the alloy, just make sure the mating surfaces are really clean and there's no oil/grease or bits of the old gasket left to be seen on there. They will also reseal a fair number of times, probably ten, but if you use a standard gasket either side of the PTFE they will last the life of the car.

this is a from quote from Phillip ( hope he does not mind) :
"Massively reduces the heat transfered to the manifold, and therefore to the inlet charge, resulting in cooler, denser air entering the cylinder, giving better cylinder filling.The effect is much the same as fitting a cold air intake kit, but as an added bonus:
1) You no longer get heatsoak after sitting in traffic, so no sluggish engine response as the traffic first clears
2) The slight increase in induction length also helps bolster the low end torque slightly, increasing the effect of the gasket in the low and midrange"

end quote.

hope that helps to throw a bit of light on it.

(10-07-2012, 06:31 PM)Alee83 Wrote: You don't know anyone with a throttle body to inlet gasket too???? Smile

I bought some 3mm PTFE from someone on another forum, it is pretty easy to handcut the throttle body shape, but I would put original gaskets either side, so that they do not deteriorate no matter how many times you take the body off.

(10-07-2012, 06:31 PM)Alee83 Wrote: I'll take one......!!!

super stuff Alee, you can pay me 23.50 via paypal to pcourtney1@gmail.com, or if you would prefer you can pm me any other payment method you would prefer.

all the best
Peter
Thanks given by:
Payment sent Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 09:59 AM)Alee83 Wrote: Payment sent Wink

many thanks, you have a PM

I now only have 6 of these left, I am going on holiday on the 2nd August for 2 weeks, so please let me know if you need a gasket before I go, when I get back I will be putting the balance of the gaskets on ebay, so please pm me if you want one at the special price of £23.50 ( inc p&p )
cheers, Peter
Thanks given by:
Price for a throttle body gasket mate?
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 08:58 AM)Matt Wrote: Price for a throttle body gasket mate?

I don't have any TB gaskets Matt, sorry.

all you really need is some 3mm PTFE and hand cut it yourself, the TB gasket is not so tough to do, just take your time cutting, and use a vice.
Thanks given by:
I only have a few of these left, so please pm me if you would like one

cheers
Peter
Thanks given by:
wasnt somebody walking round pugfest selling these for like £12?
Thanks given by:
There's a good reason not to do PTFE throttle body gaskets Alee, fit a standard one.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2012, 11:03 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: There's a good reason not to do PTFE throttle body gaskets Alee, fit a standard one.

Don't worry... I did! Wink
Thanks given by:
the very last 3 left

I only have three quantity 5mm PTFE Inlet Manifolds for sale in white, expertly cut using Water Jet process from a company that is local to me, have used them for other manifolds over the last ten years, so you can be assured that these are top notch and expertly cut against a new GTi6 manifold gasket for accuracy.

they cost £23.50 including p&p anywhere in the UK.
my mobile is 07866 767835
my email is pcourtney1@gmail.com for any questions

and I will accept paypal, cheques, online banking, just to make things easy.

(29-09-2012, 10:55 PM)SRowell Wrote: wasnt somebody walking round pugfest selling these for like £12?

that was me, but they were the cheaper 3mm ones which a very nice French chap bought all ten off me for £100 quid :-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTi6 Inlet and Exhaust Manifolds reese 2 2,135 17-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: reese
  Satchell gti6 inlet Blandy 0 1,280 22-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Blandy
  Gti6/Rallye inlet manifold with welded resonator bung luke306rallye 0 1,260 12-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Last Post: luke306rallye