Fitting mbc to T2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting mbc to T2
Going to do this later.. How much silicone piping do i need to bring it up to the top? And how do i know what to set the mbc to first? Thanks
Thanks given by:
The mbc has like indication on it of turning boost up or down so just turn it right down to start off then work your way up? If thats what you mean lol otherwise ignore me Smile
Thanks given by:
...or plumb it into the cabin; easy then to adjust the MBC.
About a a meter and a half of piping is sufficient to get it in the cabin.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
What route did you take to bring it into the cabin ginge?
Thanks given by:
What size hose do i need aswell Smile All help appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 10:04 PM)Bananalad Wrote: What size hose do i need aswell Smile All help appreciated Smile

I used 3mm on my MBC,
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Thanks jake any rubber hose at all do? As long as it fits? Smile
Thanks given by:
Theres not a lot of point putting it in the cabin as you would need to adjusting the fueling aswell as upping the boost each time. Also you want the ball type mbc it's a lot better Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Just use 3mm vacuum hosing buddy Smile

Like this
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 10:17 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Thanks jake any rubber hose at all do? As long as it fits? Smile

I got mine from a local rubber manufacturer, its just braided fuel lines, works well!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 12:33 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Theres not a lot of point putting it in the cabin as you would need to adjusting the fueling aswell as upping the boost each time. Also you want the ball type mbc it's a lot better Smile

Not necessarily; when myself and Sam set mine up we had a sensible amount of fuel an adjusted the MBC in gradual stages until we were happy with the boost level, then lowered the fuel slightly and now it's running a fine haze on full boost. Any more and I'd risk bogging the turbo. I can vouch for my setup; ask Toby.

And routed through the bung next to brake reservoir; same route the boost gauge takes .
Thanks given by:
Ok, I have only skim read this but putting a MBC in the cabin is not the best of ideas TBH as the distance the air has to travel from (and back to) the actuator can cause boost spikes due to the time taken for the actuator to react Wink

It should really be fitted as close as possible to the actuator using as little hose as possible whilst still being accessible to adjust it if needed.

IMO once its set up you should only ever need to change the boost if you alter the fueling as if you plumb it to the cabin and turn the boost down you will get epic amounts of black smoke and melt something due to the lack of air being supplied to the engine and if you try to turn the boost up it won't because you won't have the fuel needed to create the boost you want...............so in summary, cabin mounted is a waste of time and decreased the effectiveness of the MBC............ hope this helps Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Lol mark; I beg to differ but can see the logic, the time it is taking for 26psi to get through a pipe which is probably 2mm in diameter, I would suggest the potential 'lag' on the actuator spring is fairly minimal. You're talking micro seconds...
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 08:52 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Lol mark; I beg to differ but can see the logic, the time it is taking for 26psi to get through a pipe which is probably 2mm in diameter, I would suggest the potential 'lag' on the actuator spring is fairly minimal. You're talking micro seconds...

Hmmmmm................I have to disagree with you then! they all spike to some extent as they come on boost, but the longer the hose between the compressor and the wastegate actuator the larger the spike will be as the longer it will be until the wastegate if fully open and it will cause it to spike more the longer the hoses get!

As far as the rest of my post goes, its still a complete waste of time even if you can, why would you want to adjust boost while driving? like ever? it serves no benefit as stated (with reasons) in my last post unless you can controll the fuel too (which you cant without a lot of pointelss messing about, and as I say, once setup you should never need to change it unless you alter the fueling Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I was just going to bring mine into the cabin just for ease of access/just the look really.. Nothing to do with adjusting while driving that would be plain dangerous lol Anyone any pictures of the hose im meant to be joining on too? Any tips while im doing it? Cheers fellas Smile
Thanks given by:
^^^^^ that.
Being the egotistic automotive freak I am, having that whistle on full boost is just for lollZ.
Thanks given by:
The length of pipe I have on my MBC affects how my turbo performs, I have to have it straight over the rocker cover and into the tmic. This isn't a typical WG turbo though.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by: