volvo 1.9Dt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
volvo 1.9Dt
Talking to my mate who is a Volvo tech he says that Volvo used the same engine a 1.9 DT in their cars but was just wondering what parts it shares if anyone knows
His words were "same engine as yours"

Reason I ask is they have a BRAND new 1.9 dturbo engine still in its heametically (sp?)sealed bag with everything on. All ancillaries, manifolds and so on

Best thing about it is to a customer, over 4k, to me.. £50
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If its the same and he has two, I am in mate.
Thanks given by:
I thought they shared them with renualt....deffo not an xud anyways...unless im missing something
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's what I thought. PSA and all that he's adamant though that its the same. I asked him for an engine code what he said at the time was he didn't know but it would be a Volvo code

I'm not all clued up with what engines went where but surely if its a different code it will be a different block
Would the Renault version still be the XUD9te?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ask him to get a pic, should be able to work it out from that.
Thanks given by:
99.9999% sure he's talking bollock

Would be fecking AWESOME to get hold of a brand new lump though....
Thanks given by:
Ive seen several brand new lumps sell over last year or two, often see brand new xud9te crankcase / cranks for sale on ebay etc, new old stock etc...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Depends which car it's out of, but most are Renault F8/9s if it's out of an old S40/V40.

The only others they used were the VW 6 pot IDI, the 5 pot 2.5 TDi and all the other Diesels Volvo used were their own. In the S40/V50 they use the 2.0 16v HDI PSA/Ford engine.

But just proves that most techs don't know much, they never used a Peugeot Diesel... They used the PRV V6, but never a Diesel.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
i think the volvo 440 1.9 td uses the same lucas pump setup as the 306 but not sure about the whole engine is the same
Thanks given by:
Buy the engine for £50 and stick it on eBay Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: