Meyle HD Wishbones?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meyle HD Wishbones?!
(12-07-2012, 01:06 PM)Skank_army Wrote: Hmmmmh... Dodgy £200 Wishbones on a £150 car....

I make that Pimms o'clock!

Where do I find said Roller bearing Wishbones?

I was looking at it more like - your all thinking of spending ~£130 on these which are a bit better than standard but will still wear out and flex. for not much more than that you can get the roller bearing kit and be done with it Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeah, whatever suits you best Smile Ahh bollocks, anyone else you know have one? im desperate for a new window! mine falls in everytime i open the bugger.

If not, cheers anyway bro.

(12-07-2012, 02:05 PM)mark_airey Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 01:06 PM)Skank_army Wrote: Hmmmmh... Dodgy £200 Wishbones on a £150 car....

I was looking at it more like - your all thinking of spending ~£130 on these which are a bit better than standard but will still wear out and flex. for not much more than that you can get the roller bearing kit and be done with it Smile

True dat buddy....
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:05 PM)mark_airey Wrote:

I hate you this is supposed to be a budget car and you're justifying me spending what I paid for it on wish bones!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
FWIW, I've heard the roller bearing ones are very harsh on the road.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
yes but for raod driving day to day id prefer a little flexrather than being shaken to bits.

maybe im getting old and sensible......
Thanks given by:
also I want new wishbones & bushes, not just the bushes. so any news if you can get them Kris and a price?
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 05:45 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: FWIW, I've heard the roller bearing ones are very harsh on the road.

Mine has a set on because they were cheap and the car IMO feels much smoother than it did with standard wishbones on though, its not crashy or harsh at all Undecided
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
am I right in the link ed posted and the price you said Mark are just the bearings? and not the wishbones aswell? as wouldn't mind spending a bit extra if I could get wishbones + roller bearing bushes for around £200
Thanks given by:
Well mine were already on wishbones when I got them but yeah the kit is the bearings plus everything needed to fit them to your wishbones Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Just the bearings. You need wishbones to fit them to.

And you still need to periodically replace the balljoint, as that aint a rollerbearing!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
and the ball joints are a whole £8 a side.................. I can live with that, it sure beats £35 a side every 6 months because the bushes are fooked Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
6 months, then don't buy crap one's. Mine have been on at least two years and they are still going strong.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:17 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: 6 months, then don't buy crap one's. Mine have been on at least two years and they are still going strong.

They weren't crap unless Lemforder are now suddenly a crap brand?........... Could have quite a lot to do with the height of my car and the fact that off the shelf ones sit at such an angle that the bush is constantly twisted and nothing to do with what make they are Wink

Also I have roller bearing ones so who cares.................. Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I've justified not buying roller bearing bushes however much I would like to, not worth it on a car that for the forseeable is keeping standard suspension ..... until it 'breaks' ninja
Thanks given by:
You could just set normal bushes on the car properly to account for the lowered rest position, should last almost as long as normal then. Might actually last longer as with the reduced ride height you'll also have less travel, therefore less twist on the bushes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:13 AM)Poodle Wrote: You could just set normal bushes on the car properly to account for the lowered rest position, should last almost as long as normal then. Might actually last longer as with the reduced ride height you'll also have less travel, therefore less twist on the bushes.

I could have yeah, but thats a right f*ck about, or I could do what I did and buy a set of complete roller bearing ones for £60.............................

It was a really difficult decision Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Hahahah, fair point. So it was you that had those, bastard!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
so any news on these at all?
Thanks given by:
What news are you waiting on bud? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
ha forgot it kind of side tracked. krisb was supposed to be getting back about getting hold of meyle hd wishbones, nothing back though
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:48 AM)mark_airey Wrote: You guys know that roller bearing ones are only like £200 and if you fit those then you will only ever need to change the ball joint after that Smile

Need a re-grease every once and a while though
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 03:23 PM)Connor Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 11:48 AM)mark_airey Wrote: You guys know that roller bearing ones are only like £200 and if you fit those then you will only ever need to change the ball joint after that Smile

Need a re-grease every once and a while though

Well it is hard work sticking a grease gun onto the nipple every now and then, so I see your point Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I know you sarcy cnut Tongue but just thought Id mention it, just incase someone does actually buy them and then 6months later wonder why their apparently "indestructible" £200 pbushes are f*cked lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 03:50 PM)Connor Wrote: I know you sarcy cnut Tongue but just thought Id mention it, just incase someone does actually buy them and then 6months later wonder why their apparently "indestructible" £200 pbushes are f*cked lol

Pot........... kettle............ black Big Grin

And yeah I see your point, but then they normally put grease nipples on things for a reason Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Me, sarcy? Pfft... lol
Thanks given by:
nipples.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
no. wishbones!!
Thanks given by:
oh.
my bad.
one track mind.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'll call again tomorrow. The suppliers are one of those who have communication issues.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by: