Meyle HD Wishbones?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meyle HD Wishbones?!
anyone know where I can get these, how much and anyone any experience with them if they feel any different/tighter on the front end?

need new wishbones+bushes so may aswell upgrade :p
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Hiya Big Grin
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
you still get them in? price? they come with bushes etc like standards do?
Thanks given by:
Yeah i can get them but they have to come from Germany so can take a week or two.

£125 per pair, plus postage, with balljoints and bushes fitted.

Could possibly get them down a bit if there were to be a group buy.

Could someone remind me the balljoint sizes? is it 14 or 16, or is it 16 -18?
Thanks given by:
It's 16-18 kris.
I could do with a set. Maybe you could get in touch with your supplier kris and find out how many people they need for a good discount. I know a few on here want some! Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What's the deal then kris? They uprated bushes too?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I've always hoped something like this would come out. I always want polybushes but I get lazy and just buy new wishbones with pre-fitted bushes because I can't be arsed...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ok, i'll see what i can do but no promises! Shall report back 2moro, nial, text me and remind me Smile #eating
Thanks given by:
Will hassle you in the morning without fail Big Grin

Liam I don't think there poly bushed or even any sort of uprated bushes. There just really good quality unlike most wishbones that you buy from you local motor factors.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Also potentially interested if we can get a group buy going.
Thanks given by:
I'd be in for these Smile
Thanks given by:
so are the bushes not stiffer at all? uprated rubber?

still could be keen let us know about group buy
Thanks given by:
I'd say they're in the middle of decent OE and Polybush.

They have a 4yr warranty but i actually dont know how that'd work, especially as the suppliers know im selling these on. Pompeymark has a pair of arms, so does fooby and ed doe. Marks are about 2yr old now, still looking fine and tight as a nunns chuff.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2012, 10:01 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: so are the bushes not stiffer at all? uprated rubber?

still could be keen let us know about group buy

They maybe stiffer
What you have to remember is pattern wishbones (e.g Qline, QH ect) arellano use cheaper, softer rubbers. They feel better than the original because they haven't had 10 years worth of wear. These will be OE spec if not (almost certainly actually) better.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
http://www.meyle.com/EN/Spare-parts/MEYLE-HD.html

Basically, these guys do OE stuff, and these arms are like OE PLUS.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2012, 10:02 PM)KrisB Wrote: I'd say they're in the middle of decent OE and Polybush.

They have a 4yr warranty but i actually dont know how that'd work, especially as the suppliers know im selling these on. Pompeymark has a pair of arms, so does fooby and ed doe. Marks are about 2yr old now, still looking fine and tight as a nunns chuff.

this is what I like to hear, went through quite a few bushes and what not on the old Dturbo!
Thanks given by:
My small round bushes (QH from ECP) on the 405 lasted 6 weeks, and this pair 8 weeks. It's actually nagging me loads.

But yeah, marks are cool, and not hear any bad news from fooby or ed.

Im going offline now, will check in at some point 2moro from work.
Thanks given by:
Would BMW wishbones be able to be included in a group buy?

I noticed today that mine will need changed before the MOT
Thanks given by:
id also be up for a set of these if youd post to ireland
Thanks given by:
We fitted a set of these along with other parts to the front of the car. Car was much better to drive after.

That evening with kris I the car I managed to lunch it over a speed bumper at the dead of night, no damage and car was fine.

I think these are worth the money, from what I have read about oem and updated poly being shit and cracking and dying after a few months maybe a year, these are much much much better.
Thanks given by:
My suppliers are speaking to Meyle directly in Germany to see what they could do.

They said they'd phone me back earlier but nothing yet. Mark... Remind me to call them when you're up 2moro.

I'd kill for a set of these on my 405, but quite frankly I can't afford new tyres, let alone arms that last longer than 6 week.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 10:09 PM)KrisB Wrote: My suppliers are speaking to Meyle directly in Germany to see what they could do.

They said they'd phone me back earlier but nothing yet. Mark... Remind me to call them when you're up 2moro.

I'd kill for a set of these on my 405, but quite frankly I can't afford new tyres, let alone arms that last longer than 6 week.
same, well skint but false economy to going buying lots of shit sets, so makes sense to fork out once a bit more rather than a little bit lots of times

(06-07-2012, 06:31 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: We fitted a set of these along with other parts to the front of the car. Car was much better to drive after.
tbh if you fitted other uprated parts at the same time doesn't mean a great deal as hard to tell whats improved the handling and what hasn't, not doubting they do just being an awkward cnut
Thanks given by:
just to throw my name into he pot, id be interested in a set, price dependant
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Me too, price dependant..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking at my last MOT advisory, I might as well have a set too. Also price dependant Wink
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
You guys know that roller bearing ones are only like £200 and if you fit those then you will only ever need to change the ball joint after that Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:48 AM)mark_airey Wrote: You guys know that roller bearing ones are only like £200 and if you fit those then you will only ever need to change the ball joint after that Smile

Hmmmmh... Dodgy £200 Wishbones on a £150 car....

I make that Pimms o'clock!

Where do I find said Roller bearing Wishbones?

Thanks given by:
^^ You don't find them till you collect a gti6 interior from a member in Milford!!!!!!

lol

Lynx Engineering do them; http://lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/engineering.aspx
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 01:13 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: ^^ You don't find them till you collect a gti6 interior from a member in Milford!!!!!!

lol

Ahem.... Angel Ill be down on saturday buddy, dont you worry! If you could get us that drivers side window too ill be eternally grateful Wink

Cheers

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 01:16 PM)Skank_army Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 01:13 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: ^^ You don't find them till you collect a gti6 interior from a member in Milford!!!!!!

lol

Ahem.... Angel Ill be down on saturday buddy, dont you worry! If you could get us that drivers side window too ill be eternally grateful Wink

Cheers

Haha, nice one matey Tongue What sortof time you think you'll be over? I'd prefer fairly early Saturday morning tbh (as in 10am-ish) so I can sort a few other bits out during the day Smile

I really dont think I'm gonna be able to make it down to get that windowthough mate; be safe not to count on it for now; I'll txt you if I think I'm gonna be able to squeeze in a trip to the car!

Cheers
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by: