02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey guys, can you help please.....
I have just aquired a 2001(Y) 306 2.0 Hdi hatchback and the wheels are a bit shoddy, with worn tyres. So rather than just look for tyres for the crappy wheels, I aquired a set of Peugeot alloys 205/65 R15..... these are too big to fit in the arches properly, so I was thinking about reducing the profile to45 or 50 to help with this problem, but then I read that sometimes spacers are required in order to fit oversized wheels properly.....(fried brain at this point...) S O the question is how do I get these wheels to fit the car with what size tyres...? help HELP H E L P please.....
Kindest regards
James
I have just aquired a 2001(Y) 306 2.0 Hdi hatchback and the wheels are a bit shoddy, with worn tyres. So rather than just look for tyres for the crappy wheels, I aquired a set of Peugeot alloys 205/65 R15..... these are too big to fit in the arches properly, so I was thinking about reducing the profile to45 or 50 to help with this problem, but then I read that sometimes spacers are required in order to fit oversized wheels properly.....(fried brain at this point...) S O the question is how do I get these wheels to fit the car with what size tyres...? help HELP H E L P please.....
Kindest regards
James

Which wheels are they? If you look on the inside of the wheel there should be a stamp saying the ET (offset) of the wheel. If it's higher than 18 then you'll need some spacers.
![[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]](http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc505/kingy1975/newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg)
![[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]](http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a468/167gti8/DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg)
![[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]](http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/mattbush/20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-7340-0000058F46391753.jpg)