1.4 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 306
Wink 
So my brother is after his first car and he wants a 306 but he wants the 1.4 Confused idealy a phase 3 in good nick, he has around £800 to spend and not crazy modified so the more standard the better,
Tried talking him into a dtub or hdi but avin none of it so what you got?
Thanks given by:
I just wanted to say, your brother has good taste.

But tell him he wants a Ph1, they're lighter!
Thanks given by:
You know what i'd do; first car, get the most banged up 306 you can find, mine cost me £150 and was a heap of crap, once i built up my no claims bonuses, i then looked and bought bigger engined vehicles. everyone knows in the first year, it's likeley to have a bang or a knock at some point.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 05:26 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: So my brother is after his first car and he wants a 306 but he wants the 1.4 Confused idealy a phase 3 in good nick, he has around £800 to spend and not crazy modified so the more standard the better,
Tried talking him into a dtub or hdi but avin none of it so what you got?

+1 that's almost the way I did it. My 1st was a 2ltr Mondeo then went 1.4 Astra then 1.4 306 now I have 2ltr hdi
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah i told him to get a banged up car as he will be knocking into wheelie bins lol
At least he wants a nice looking car and thank god its not a corsa lol
Thanks given by:
He can buy a cheap car and just make it look nicely oem. That way it's still cheap my first 306 cost me £175 bought same lazers and it looked awesome when polished Smile and didn't look one but chavvy
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Tbh, he's best off looking on eBay as there aren't many unmodified 1.4's about on the forum.
As others have said keep it oem and ban him from putting Lexarse lights on it or the fashion police will have a field day with him lol
It doesn't matter too much about being mint as tou said he'll probably have the odd knock in it but if he can find a clean well looked after one he might take a bit more care with it.
Thanks given by:
gumtree is your friend, should get one onn there cheap, really cheap if you dont mind a bit of work
Thanks given by:
ffs if this was 2 months ago you could have had mine for £400 and then fixed it!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 09:50 PM)SRowell Wrote: ffs if this was 2 months ago you could have had mine for £400 and then fixed it!
He passed over 6 month ago lol but he is a hardcore huddersfield town fan so all his money was going on every single town match home and away and whenever they played away he would make a night of it and come home the day after leaving no money for a car, but since footys not on at the min he's saved enough for a car now,
Thanks given by:
What you really mean is he's noticed it's a waste of money and he needs to live for the 306 instead so he has no money left for football Big Grin
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 10:03 PM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 09:50 PM)SRowell Wrote: ffs if this was 2 months ago you could have had mine for £400 and then fixed it!
He passed over 6 month ago lol but he is a hardcore huddersfield town fan so all his money was going on every single town match home and away and whenever they played away he would make a night of it and come home the day after leaving no money for a car, but since footys not on at the min he's saved enough for a car now,

Football must be bloody expensive, I can go to the rugby and have a good few beers for 40 quid!

Rugby league FTW Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
When they play home its only a few beers he has to buy as he's got a season ticket but away its the coach down plus the ticket and then money to make a night of it,
But now he is in the market for a car i reckon he will start to live for the 306 Big Grin
Thanks given by: