Wobbly pre cup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wobbly pre cup?
Just helping Ben clean up his spare head and after cleaning the crap off the pre cups we noticed one of them was a little bit wobbly and could be rotated with your finger like 10* quite easily.

Is this a problem or is it normal?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't fit that then, you will find the pistons smashing the remains of it into the valves and the bottom of the head in the near future when its fallen out into the bore if you do, ask darren, its not a good look! lol

They should be a fecking tight fit in the head mate! if you can move them then you will have serious issues!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Weld it then grind it back...

lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Aluminium head..
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Okay so they're definitely f*cked lol. What's the proceedure for replacement then? I can't see any obvious way to remove them....
Thanks given by:
Dont run it as over time it will vibrate / get looser, and virbrate / wear its way through the HG, evetually ruining the motor!

You need to get the head oversized and press in new oversize ones, as stock size ones will never press tight again..

Probs cheaper to just get another good head....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
dan talk to engine engineering in yarmouth, he can refit precups and skim/pressure test the head, hes the one that does all our m/c work

01493 442221
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
and Ally weld them in after!
JP
Thanks given by: