MBC fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBC fitting
Smile 
Alright iv just purchased a mbc off the bay , iv got a general idea of how to fit just wondering if anyone could confirm my thinking ?

Get under car , cut metal pipe (im on k14) in half from turbo outlet to actuator bend apart so I can slide silicon hose on feed up to top of the engine bay where the mbc will be sat connect silicon the appropriate places on mbc and were done?
Is this right? Does anyone have any cheeky little tips to do it any easier
And how do you secure silicone onto cut pipe on the turbo as I don't think iv ever seen jubalu clips small enough lol

Cheers guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Little jubilee or similar to hold it on the turbo. There are some about should be fine but yeah got it in kne
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds right to me.
I'm sure cable ties will help but I'd doubt they would pop off anyway without. Just make sure you push them on as much as you can.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Is it a metal pipe on the k14? On a T2 it is a rubber hose which goes from the compressor housing to the actuator, cut this, fit mbc. Done! But make sure you install it the correct way, the arrow on the mbc will point to the actuator iirc.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Cheers as soon as it comes I'll have a bash at it and report back if I have any troubles can't see it though it seems really straight forward , what did people use to cut the pipe will a pair of snips do the job then pliers to make the pipe round again or is it a hacksaw blade job. Also has anyone ever mounted a mbc in the cabin ?
Thanks given by:
What type of MBC have you bought? is it a ball bearing one or a boost leak one? if its the latter then start again Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
It's a proper mbc so the ad stated not a leak of valve thing the make is r-spec seems really good quality tbf
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2012, 10:49 AM)Jackabeen Wrote: It's a proper mbc so the ad stated not a leak of valve thing the make is r-spec seems really good quality tbf

Hmmm.........do you install it using a tee piece? Pics would be helpful Smile

I'm not trying to be a pain, there is just no point fitting something shit....
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2012, 10:49 AM)Jackabeen Wrote: It's a proper mbc so the ad stated not a leak of valve thing the make is r-spec seems really good quality tbf

you know where i am jack lol! you need the boost source feed to come up through the bottom of the mbc often shown with an arrow
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by: