XUD 7TE strip down and possible re-build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD 7TE strip down and possible re-build
I started tidying up the garage when I got home from work today after watching Darrens latest video's it made me think of how much of a state mine is. But I ended up stripping down my old engine and making even more of a mess.

Started by removing the head to find the headgasket to be the wrong one by the looks of it. The water channels from the block to head looked very restricted by the gasket with holes about 3mm round...
Apart from that the bores, valves and pistons looked in surprisingly good nick for a 176k engine.
Then removed the sump and started taking everything out. I've got to the point where I just need to remove the bottom pulley to take the crank out but everythings unbolted apart from that which is annoying as the pulley bolts f-ing tight!

Half tempted to rebuild it and fit the HDI rods I bought of Dave and maybe some ARP studs. Either that or get another '9 and fit them to that.

I would upload the pick but I havnt got the iphone cable Dodgy sorry
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:07 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: I would upload the pick but I havnt got the iphone cable Dodgy sorry

I didn't think that one through, did I... Doh
Thanks given by:
NO. Well I got given another but forgot it!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
DO IT!!

Im more than game to come over and chip in if you need a hand! OR, buy a new engine, and rebuild one, HDi rods, etc.....??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Gasket is meant to have little holes like thats, its to make sure water flows up around the block / head equally, otherwise it would all go up the easiest route / create hotspots etc Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:58 PM)ginge191 Wrote: DO IT!!

Im more than game to come over and chip in if you need a hand! OR, buy a new engine, and rebuild one, HDi rods, etc.....??

That would be good. Or come help with the paddle clutch fitting when it comes (will be buying it tomorrow Big Grin )

(27-06-2012, 09:08 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Gasket is meant to have little holes like thats, its to make sure water flows up around the block / head equally, otherwise it would all go up the easiest route / create hotspots etc Smile

Ahh makes sense now.

Does anyone know what makes the CC difference's between the 2 engines? Bored out or shorter rods?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Should be the bore, as the 90 hdi uses the xu7 and the 110 xu9 cranks
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The xud7 is 80mm bore vs 83mm xud9 iirc. Same throw
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
What they said^^

The XUD7 has lovely thick cylinder walls for ra*e.99 b00st tho Smile Ive got an XUD7T block sat in my shed rusting out, might use it one day!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Should help reduce chances of a flying rod then ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Hm, probs wont help that, but should help once you have manned up and forged it, and throwing 100psi down the intake Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I would get an xud9 personally... you will just make more power with it ...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you do rebuild it with HDI rods please take lots of pictures incase I get stuck! I am about to start mine..
Thanks given by: