Anyone help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone help?
Friend of mine broke the hard plastic heater pipes entering the bulk head, how do i go about taking another set off in the scrap yard without breaking them too? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Take the metal retaining clip off then inbetween the two pipes is a bit of plastic sticking out you push that right i think it is. Its like a clip that holds the pipes in while holding the clip across gently putt on the plastic housing untill the pipes come out Smile

They can be quite stiff to get out due to the o rings giving a good seal Smile
Thanks given by:
I think thats how he was taking them out but he managed to break them lol Thanks for that! Anyway i can do it without using them pipes do you know?
Thanks given by:
You can join the 2 pipes together to bypass the heater matrix but then you wont have any hot air in the car Smile rite pita in winter. Ive also read somwhere that its not to good for the engine either Sad when i removed mine the other day i held the clip in and wiggled the plastic housing left o
To right while pulling gentle done the trick for me Smile
All i can say is take ur time be gentle and they will come out in one piece Smile
Thanks given by:
Yea like here... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-4363.html
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I have the heater matrix out at the moment thats why that pipe was broke in the process lol

Ill have a go at that thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Good luck mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Pipes are easy as fook to do. I sorted mine in 1hour
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Easy taken off yeah? lol
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:08 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: You can join the 2 pipes together to bypass the heater matrix but then you wont have any hot air in the car Smile rite pita in winter. Ive also read somwhere that its not to good for the engine either Sad when i removed mine the other day i held the clip in and wiggled the plastic housing left o
To right while pulling gentle done the trick for me Smile
All i can say is take ur time be gentle and they will come out in one piece Smile

Joining the 2 pipes together effectively bypasses the half the cooling system as you remove the resistance from the cooling system, if you block them off you hot spot the head where the heater matrix pipes would normally exit the head due to there being no flow.....................

Blocking them up is OK as a temp measure if you have a leaking matrix providing that you drive sensibly and replace the matrix ASAP

Read the link that BenJay posted Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I was thinking would it be hard to seal them two pipes i broke?
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:28 AM)Bananalad Wrote: I was thinking would it be hard to seal them two pipes i broke?

Cut hose, bung with anything which fits (I suggest part of a broom handle shaved down to the correct size to fit) and then jubilee clip it into place.................
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I have the dash out of my car and and new matrix ordered, im not bunging it up lol
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:42 AM)Bananalad Wrote: I have the dash out of my car and and new matrix ordered, im not bunging it up lol

Sorry, I was just replying to your vague question directly above my post, wasn't sure if it was aimed at me or not? Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I wasnt sure if you read the thread or not Tongue Is it out of the question going to peugeot for the parts? Because i was thinking if i got a second hand one would the o rings seal tight again? Last thing i want is a leak Sad
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:50 AM)Bananalad Wrote: I wasnt sure if you read the thread or not Tongue Is it out of the question going to peugeot for the parts? Because i was thinking if i got a second hand one would the o rings seal tight again? Last thing i want is a leak Sad

Of course I haven't fully read every post, I'm at work so skim reading FTL as normal lol

The "O" rings should seal again fine, I have never had any problems getting them to re-seal anyway, the problem is normally getting them to go back into the fitting on the matrix, but then they are just standard "O" rings so it should be pretty easy to get some replacements if your having trouble, peugeot themselves probably sell them for not a lot TBH Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Thanks mark! Appreciate it! I thought i read somewhere that the hard plastic pipes were expensive from peugeot.. Anyone have a part number?
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:28 AM)Bananalad Wrote: I was thinking would it be hard to seal them two pipes i broke?

If you have broke the plastic connector then youve got no chance mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Got the heater matrix this morning, its a nissens, i know for the main radiator this is a good make but what about the heater matrix? I also got the plastic connector with it lol
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 10:23 AM)Bananalad Wrote: Got the heater matrix this morning, its a nissens, i know for the main radiator this is a good make but what about the heater matrix? I also got the plastic connector with it lol

Its still a radiator for the transfer of heat...........as in exactly the same just smaller, and if by "the plastic connector" you mean the part that you connect the hoses to on the bulkhead then yes.............if you didn't have that attached it would be really hard to connect really wouldn't it! what with it being part of the matrix and all I would have been really disappointed if I didn't get it with the matrix Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 10:27 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(28-06-2012, 10:23 AM)Bananalad Wrote: Got the heater matrix this morning, its a nissens, i know for the main radiator this is a good make but what about the heater matrix? I also got the plastic connector with it lol

Its still a radiator for the transfer of heat...........as in exactly the same just smaller, and if by "the plastic connector" you mean the part that you connect the hoses to on the bulkhead then yes.............if you didn't have that attached it would be really hard to connect really wouldn't it! what with it being part of the matrix and all I would have been really disappointed if I didn't get it with the matrix Tongue

I know what it does lol But would it be better going to peugeot and paying twice as much for a valeo?? Or is a nissens heater matrix a good brand is what im trying to say Smile

You have no idea how many parts i buy and they expect you to use old bits along with it Tongue

Now last thing is this

[attachment=1589]

[attachment=1590]

Can i get rid of the connector in the engine bay and use some copper pipe, jubilee clips and hard rubber pipes to bodge it? lol Or is that a bad idea?
Thanks given by:
Nissens is a good make and just get some more hoses lol

really not worth bodging that!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
The trouble is getting new hoses :/ Do i have to get the whole hose or just the plastic bit thats broke?
Thanks given by:
Whole hose, just get one from a scrap yard or start a wanted thread Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Thanks very much mark Smile
Thanks given by: