Slow settling idle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow settling idle
A user on here came to me to purchase an item in the end ended up playing with the bosch pump to get a little more power, set the pump up like i have done on mine but before hand noticed that pump had a little tweak to start. But the fuel screw was in further than mine was. But produced very little smoke on boost if not any.

Things id done was solid gov shim lda pin adjustments and spring settings but just couldnt get the sucker to smoke a light haze on boost and very little coming on boost. did couple minor throttle arm adjustments to knock idle down to turn fuelling up this was then i noticed half a turn the fuel screw became stiff to the point it wouldnt turn at all. Got the car to a nice idle but when you accelerated the car would take ages to settle back down to idle almost to the point where it seemed it wouldnt at all or any time soon. so knocked the throttle arm back to its original setting and adjusted fuel to suit.

One thing i noticed when doing the gov mod the internals were slightly rusted so the pump was sat with no fuel in it for a while and also the boost compensator pin wasnt as free as i liked it to be.

So puzzling thing is why is the fuel screw in so much yet producing very little smoke?
Whats causing it to go fully Stiff?
Whats causing it to take forever for it to settle when its tweaked like my pump is? but yet mines fine
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks given by:
Winding the max fuel right in does cause the idle to hang. Back that off. Your lda is probably stuck meaning your overall fuel is limited.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cheers dave the lda little slidding pin was stiff compared to my own looks like it needs a top end strip down to free it up
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why is my car so slow?! Pugmarshall 20 3,070 22-10-2012, 06:40 PM