First goodies for the D-Tub!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First goodies for the D-Tub!
Okay so after doing a favour for my uncle namely taking him to a birthday party he was DJ'ing at my uncle gave me something to say thankyou...Yes he has given me a 1000w Mutant subwoofer and amplifier that was in the back of his daughter's car for all of 1 day before it got wrote off!

So I now need advice. I know exactly how to wire up a sub and amp but am a little unsure on where to route the cables through so if someone could tell me how they did theirs it would be much appreciated!

Or pictures either way works brilliant!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Somewhere there's a guide. If it hasn't got aircon you can drill a hole where it used to be and run it through there. If its got aircon then down the engine bay and in the arch drill a hole(put a grommet in place).
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeh you can route it through the accelerator hole on the drivers side but i dont like that. Some people run it under the car but i dont particularly like that either... If you look in the passenger footwell you will see there is a rubber gromet/pipe for the airconditioning. I normally drill through about an inch to the left and rout the cable through there.

You want the power and remote leads down either the passenger or drivers side depending on how you route from the engine bay and then i put my RCA leads down the centre. EIther way dont put the RCA next to the remote or power cables!
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 11:20 PM)SRowell Wrote: yeh you can route it through the accelerator hole on the drivers side but i dont like that. Some people run it under the car but i dont particularly like that either... If you look in the passenger footwell you will see there is a rubber gromet/pipe for the airconditioning. I normally drill through about an inch to the left and rout the cable through there.

You want the power and remote leads down either the passenger or drivers side depending on how you route from the engine bay and then i put my RCA leads down the centre. EIther way dont put the RCA next to the remote or power cables!

I've always heared to never put them together. But I'm lazy and always ran them down one side and never had any interference.

Do I have to take the carpet out to run it through middle?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
My car's weird...it has the button for the aircon which does illuminate and it does get cold...yet I don't seem to have any pipework that is usual for AC cars...you shouldn't need to remove the carpet on my old car I used a bit of really stiff copper wire and run it through under the carpet where I wanted it to go made a tiny sliver in the carpet for it to come out grabbed the wires and then pulled them through, when you've done that just use a bit of carpet glue to shove the sliver back down!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 11:33 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: My car's weird...it has the button for the aircon which does illuminate and it does get cold...yet I don't seem to have any pipework that is usual for AC cars...you shouldn't need to remove the carpet on my old car I used a bit of really stiff copper wire and run it through under the carpet where I wanted it to go made a tiny sliver in the carpet for it to come out grabbed the wires and then pulled them through, when you've done that just use a bit of carpet glue to shove the sliver back down!

Sounds like a good idea.

If you look on the passenger side at the top just under the scuttle panel you'll either see nothing just the panel. Or it's got piping going to it for aircon. If there's nothing there just drill it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
If u look to the right of the brake servo there is a grommet that u can use with nothing going through it and drops the cable in behind the dash plus it alloys u to run the power cable neatly behind the tmic.
Thanks given by:
Just run the cable under the car. There is a grommit in the boot to come up through
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: