not actually running a little hot (faulty temp sender)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not actually running a little hot (faulty temp sender)
The temp on the zx has always sat just a tad above 90.

After fitting the t25 it was getting a bit hotter.

So changed out the radiator which was fubared, and the thermostat, coolant and fan temp sender for good luck.

Still sits just above 90 but doesn't get much hotter now on a run.

The black zx sits just below 90 and might rise a bit when pushed on a run (k14 @25psi + fuel)

Can it be a gauge /temp sender issue? Or is it just running hot.

Don't think its the headgasket as I've done silly miles on it and its stayed pretty consistently hot over 30k.

Pointers please Smile
Thanks given by:
90 is quite hot running for a derv. Mine runs just over 70

Sure its not just because of the hotter weather
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 09:24 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: 90 is quite hot running for a derv. Mine runs just over 70

Sure its not just because of the hotter weather

Since I've had it, it has always run a bit hot, all year round - stays pretty consistent though.
Thanks given by:
Mine runs at 80. But when I push it get to 90. It's gets there faster now after tuning you the turbo and other tuning last weekend.

I have a nissen rad.
Thanks given by:
Maybe get a seperate water temp gauge? I'd be worried if mine sat just over 90 all the time.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I swear mine's generally running cooler with a big blower on boost.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Maybe the thermostat a little sticky?
Might be worth a new one for piece of mind
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
90 does seem a little hot the fan should be kicking in round that temp.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
The fans dont kick in - and I've replaced the thermostat and fan temp sender in the rad - and if you short it the fans do come in.

Separate gauge might eb the answer, but I can swap the temp senders from each car for now.
Thanks given by:
Ok, having read this and knowing that mind pretty much constantly sits at 80* and that every XUD I know of sits around 80* and given what you have done already.............are you sure the needle on the gauge is in the right place? as the stats are 83* so it shouldn't get much hotter than that really ever so 90* would be strange!

Also with the fans not cutting in even though they work and the fan sensor is new I would also say points to the gauge being wrong as the coolant isn't getting hot enough to trip the sensor IMO

Maybe get a digital thermostat and see what temp the header tank is at compared to the gauge? it won't be totally accurate but it will give you a better idea Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Good news

Swapped the sensor and temp reading normal

So overreading temp sender - or given that its just a thermistor maybe someone put the wrong one in at some point.

Hoo-bloody-ray
Thanks given by:
Which sensor is it that you've swapped as mine also has the same symptoms? Tried solving it with a nissens rad new thermostat and a good coolant mix but still no luck it shoots up to 90-95 when booting it but under normal driving it hovers between 80-90 with the heaters on but if I leave them off it just keeps climbing ? Any ideas
Thanks given by:
Think it was the blue temp sender in the top of the thermostat

Can work it out which it is by unplugging it and seeing if your temp gauge cuts out
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rev counter sender takeoff on Xud11 2.1 HDIkyle 4 1,555 28-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  running temp randomcaller 2 890 09-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Last Post: d2xud
  What temp. should my engine be running at? D Turbo Lyle 14 3,252 24-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: juz22