Boost leak?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost leak?
My car seems to be boosting higher up in the revs than it used to be.. It used to hit 17/18 psi before 3k revs but now its only around 11, if i bring it past 3k it will eventually hit the 17/18 psi.. Only thing ive done lately is took the white washer from under the lda but id say thats unrelated.. Anyway what do you think Undecided
Thanks given by:
Anyone at all?? Smile
Thanks given by:
have you put the lid back on nice and tight and not disturbed something on the boost compensator pipe or T piece? . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah made sure thats alright Smile It seems to hit a wall at 12 psi then near 4k revs it creeps up to 18ish..

Few weeks ago it would just hit 17-18 fast
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 03:08 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Yeah made sure thats alright Smile It seems to hit a wall at 12 psi then near 4k revs it creeps up to 18ish..

Few weeks ago it would just hit 17-18 fast

well for a start 17-18 psi is far too low Big Grin, can you feel that it's not boosting? ie boost gauge isn't at fault? . . .if so then try the usual suspects, intercooler D seal, pipe from other end of intercooler to turbo and then report back . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I know it was too low lol But i want to fix this leak before i go higher Smile

Yep boost gauge is all good, changed the d seal which was broke in half and still no different :/ ill check later!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 06:38 PM)Bananalad Wrote: I know it was too low lol But i want to fix this leak before i go higher Smile

Yep boost gauge is all good, changed the d seal which was broke in half and still no different :/ ill check later!
pipe from intercooler to turbo then matey. . . . . . probs turbo end, get yer arm in and skin yer knuckles . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
id say its f*cked, best of scrapping it, give ya 100 euro....
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 09:38 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: id say its f*cked, best of scrapping it, give ya 100 euro....

Just got my hollow back box on and its got turbo whistle now lol Surely its worth 150 now??
Thanks given by:
ok go on, ill give ya 150 if you deliver it to me Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2012, 02:46 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: ok go on, ill give ya 150 if you deliver it to me Wink

Give me a few weeks and ill be up your way again Smile Seeing as your here what do you reckon is a reasonable price for a hdi gearbox? lol
Thanks given by:
personally never spent more than 50 on one, i have one here you can have for 100 though Tongue
Thanks given by:
Haha is that right? A hdi one yeah? Good box? Ill be passing caaaaaaavan on the 17th of august on me way to the ulster rally lol
Thanks given by:
nah its a lie, first one i spent £100 on and turned out it crunched in 3rd. that was about 5 years ago or more mind
Box i have now i paid 50 for(about 2 years ago mind, been sitting in the shed since!) i dont know what its like yet to be honest, never had it on a car myself, told it was good though, its not for sale though, going in my own car when i drop my epic lucas engine in..

I'll keep a lookout and see can i get one for you, how much you wanting to spend?

Honestly most ive seen boxes for these cars go for is €120, that was from a breakers!
Whatever you do make sure you use the proper pug gearbox oil when refitting, other stuff just aint up to the job and will shorten the life of the box Smile
Thanks given by:
I thought that lol One on donedeal in longford for €120 and tbh i wouldnt mind giving that if it was a good box, ill try a few local breakers here now and see what i come up with Smile
Thanks given by:
May be pointing out the obvious but when youve took this washer off have you put the LDA pin with the curve facing the little dowel otherwise you are going to restric fueling a fair bit?

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 03:07 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: May be pointing out the obvious but when youve took this washer off have you put the LDA pin with the curve facing the little dowel otherwise you are going to restric fueling a fair bit?

CJ

Yeah cj i was thinking that so i double checked last night and its all good Smile Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 03:11 PM)Bananalad Wrote:
(06-07-2012, 03:07 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: May be pointing out the obvious but when youve took this washer off have you put the LDA pin with the curve facing the little dowel otherwise you are going to restric fueling a fair bit?

CJ

Yeah cj i was thinking that so i double checked last night and its all good Smile Thanks!

Was just checking as have seen this problem done before by a friend lol

Glad all sorted
CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  boost leak ? Motatalk 3 1,139 19-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Boost leak... philpemberton94 6 2,017 13-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: toseland
  boost leak? willJspears 11 2,441 02-02-2014, 05:22 PM