cam belt and bosch fitting help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cam belt and bosch fitting help
Any one is the south west able to do it for a price?

Mainly looking for some one to do the cambelt and give me a hand fitting and setting up the bosch, evety time i take a pump off its a night mare, there must be an easier way that im missing? and im not confident doing a belt change having only ever done it on a discover, not quite the same im guessing :/

Cheers

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Cut the old belt off. Move everything around a half a turn to make sure the timing is absolute perfect then just slide the new one on. Make sure it's very tight (don't want it falling of). Then crack her up and watch her purr like a car Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 10:02 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Cut the old belt off. Move everything around a half a turn to make sure the timing is absolute perfect then just slide the new one on. Make sure it's very tight (don't want it falling of). Then crack her up and watch her purr like a car Smile

I wouldnt advise that purely because you miss a few critical steps required when putting the belt back on...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah im not going to attempt it with out a suitable adult present lol

Thanks given by:
I can do it, done too many conversions to count. But I'm not southwest, south east instead.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Where abouts bud ? i was asking for help rather than someone to do it though as id like to learn Big Grin

Thanks given by:
your sooo good with everything eles you could probably do it your self any way

MY origional post above^^^ should of said read a maunual!!!!

Stay out of my account or there could be trouble Tongue :evil:
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
I may have you mixed up with someone else but aren't you fitting a SC to your GTi6?

Surely you can muster the courage to do a cam belt and pump job!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Na i dont want to kill an 80k Dt engine

Thanks given by:
I'm near a place called Dorking Smile
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
But you'll kill a 5k SC kit? Wheres the logic?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 08:44 PM)silverzx Wrote: But you'll kill a 5k SC kit? Wheres the logic?

Because i got a rediculusly detailed fitment guide, the guy who made the kit on the end of the phone, and some one to check it. So not the slightest issue. And i can save loads of money.

With somthing like this would rather check some one a few quid just to run me through it.

Thanks given by:
As long as you lock off the timing using the old 6mm allen key behind the started through the flywheel and then use the intercooler bolts to lock off the cam and the fuel pump before you remove the old belt then it is pretty much impossible to get wrong as long as you keep the belt under tension starting from the cam pulley and work your way down to the crank over the front of the engine it'll be fine.

Seriously just drash on with it..........you can't make any more of an arse of it than other people on here have did fitting a pump lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fitting RJDubya 16 7,118 02-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Jiffy
Exclamation Belt slapping wildly - belt tensioned - pics added ginge191 57 28,867 25-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Bosch Fitting Tom 20 3,953 30-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: londondan86