GI: BakerBM Parts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI: BakerBM Parts
I want gear linkages, beam mounts, engine mounts and top mounts, can't afford it though lol try and get a permanent discount instead of just a group buy discount
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Chris.

No problem Niall.

I've updated the first post with a little more info regarding prices at FCS, and what we might be able to expect.

(23-06-2012, 08:50 PM)Connor Wrote: I want gear linkages, beam mounts, engine mounts and top mounts, can't afford it though lol try and get a permanent discount instead of just a group buy discount
Of course mate, that's my long term goal. I had a chat with them at FCS and they seemed quite keen on the idea, so I imagine we'll be able to sort something out. I'll ask again at Pugfest Smile
Thanks given by:
Well I'll have 2 sets of rear mounts if they are 150 total and probably a set of engine mounts price dependent
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd be very interested in rear beam mounts if they are ~£150, definitely if they are less and I can link it up on the 6 forum if you like too to try and get more interest to get the price down more?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for going ahead and arranging this Scott, could work out quite beneficial to rather a few people by the looks of it.

Going to be an expensive month...

I live for the 306
I live for the 306
I live for the 306

Just hope my bank manager appreciates this lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 09:02 PM)bongo Wrote: I'd be very interested in rear beam mounts if they are ~£150, definitely if they are less and I can link it up on the 6 forum if you like too to try and get more interest to get the price down more?
If we can get as many people involved as possible that'd be ideal. I'll stick something up on there now mate Smile

I'll be emailing Baker tomorrow or at least calling them on Monday. It'll be good to go to them and say "We have X people ready to spend £Y to collect on Sunday. What can you give us?"
Thanks given by:
Also Scott a lot/all of his stock is made in house and as such may not have the quantity of items requiered to bring with him to the show.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 09:10 PM)Chris Wrote: Also Scott a lot/all of his stock is made in house and as such may not have the quantity of items requiered to bring with him to the show.

Was just thinking this, but there is no harm in asking... Worst he can say is no, it needs posting...

Hopefully should see some epic discount judging by the interest here :pray:

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 09:07 PM)Scott Wrote: If we can get as many people involved as possible that'd be ideal. I'll stick something up on there now mate Smile

I'll be emailing Baker tomorrow or at least calling them on Monday. It'll be good to go to them and say "We have X people ready to spend £Y to collect on Sunday. What can you give us?"

Good call bud, as I say, I'm very intersted in the rear mounts as it's one of a few things I've been hoping will crop up second hand but would be a definite at £150 new. They've recently signed up on the 6 forum too so you can contact them through there if you like.

I'm sure there'll be interest overe there too so hopefully get 10-20 in total which should get a good discount Smile

EDIT - Didn't read the pugfest pick-up to begin with and I'm not planning to go there which may be an issue unless someone can collect and post on? As Chris says though, depending on numbers, it would be doubtful they would have it all for Pugfest. More likely to be a 50% up front to start manufacturing and then the rest when complete.
Thanks given by:
Nice one! Posted it on 306gti6 too Smile

Scott: Rear beam mounts, gear linkages
Grant: Engine mounts, rear beam mounts
Mark_Airey: Gear linkages
Bongo: Rear beam mounts
Jonny B: 2x rear beam mounts, possibly engine mounts
Thanks given by:
I was supposed to be receiving a call from baker re. gear linkages, but as yet haven't heard anything.

I still want a set, if you could get them to give me a ring that's be great, otherwise I'll chase it up.

(i might be interested in some beam mounts too, but I'll have to hold off for now)
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny I'm happy to grab some for you and post them up with Mark's...will obviously require paypalling in advance, but it's no problem if it makes it easier?
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, let me know a price and I'll get funds across ASAP.

I assume you mean combine postage and send both sets to Mark if he's happy with that..

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 09:28 PM)Scott Wrote: Jonny I'm happy to grab some for you and post them up with Mark's...will obviously require paypalling in advance, but it's no problem if it makes it easier?

I'll just do you a bank transfer bud I trust ya lol, I'll speak to my nephew in morning as a set is for him I don't mind waiting and can grab them at ace bud
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 09:33 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Sounds good, let me know a price and I'll get funds across ASAP.

I assume you mean combine postage and send both sets to Mark if he's happy with that..

They can be bunged in with the shizz I forgot to collect off Kim at FCS since I will be paying postage on that anyway mate Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Any news on this mate?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Man.... I need beam mounts so bad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 07:49 AM)Matt Wrote: Man.... I need beam mounts so bad

So do I seeing as one of mine is actually detached.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Actually detached? Shiiiit. Mine are also fubard
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Same as above lol 306 oc beam mount meet at pug fest ?
Thanks given by:
Any news on if we get a better price on groupe buyin at pugfest yet?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Just had a chat with Stewart, he was quite surprised to hear how many sets we wanted! He's not going to have enough of the beam mounts on the day, however he will have a few sets there. He'll also have the linkages and engine mounts (I'll confirm with him tomorrow morning on numbers, as that way he'll make sure he has enough and can set them aside for us Smile )

He also mentioned that as he normally sells them in batches of 5 to suppliers, he'll be giving them to us at about the same rate he'd normally charge for a distributor! Not 100% on the exact value yet, but he's going to let me know in the morning.

If people desperately need the mounts, he can get them all made up but they won't be plated (i.e. the red coating), so if you're not fussed then let me know so I can confirm tomorrow morning how many are needed which will be unpainted, otherwise he'll have them made up and sent to me next week for posting out to people (well, Matt, Niall, Grant and Jonny I could give you yours at Ace?).

And since Niall and Matt didn't add their names Wink
Niall: Rear beam mounts
Matt: Rear beam mounts
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 04:09 PM)Scott Wrote: Just had a chat with Stewart, he was quite surprised to hear how many sets we wanted! He's not going to have enough of the beam mounts on the day, however he will have a few sets there. He'll also have the linkages and engine mounts (I'll confirm with him tomorrow morning on numbers, as that way he'll make sure he has enough and can set them aside for us Smile )

He also mentioned that as he normally sells them in batches of 5 to suppliers, he'll be giving them to us at about the same rate he'd normally charge for a distributor! Not 100% on the exact value yet, but he's going to let me know in the morning.

If people desperately need the mounts, he can get them all made up but they won't be plated (i.e. the red coating), so if you're not fussed then let me know so I can confirm tomorrow morning how many are needed which will be unpainted, otherwise he'll have them made up and sent to me next week for posting out to people (well, Matt, Niall, Grant and Jonny I could give you yours at Ace?).

And since Niall and Matt didn't add their names Wink
Niall: Engine mounts
Matt: Rear beam mounts

EFA
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You said up there you're missing a beam mount! How am I supposed to know that means you need engine mounts? Tongue
Thanks given by:
If you read back to the last page you would see I wanted engine mounts! Can't get the staff these days....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What was the price on the engine mounts again please?
Thanks given by:
It's on page 1, and the price isn't confirmed yet, but at FCS it was £80 for a set so I'd hope we'd be offered at least that price Smile
Thanks given by:
Hmm, must sell some more goodies as I don't want to use cash put by for other stuff, but deffo interested.
Thanks given by:
Dam should of got in there early instead of taking forever to make up my mind lol ooooooo wwwwwweeeeellllllllll Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bakerbm solid mounts 306clot 2 1,991 09-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: 306clot
  BakerBM Grp.N Engine Torque Reactor (lower mount) RetroPug 5 1,745 30-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  BakerBM Solid Rear Beam Mounts Scott 37 7,641 09-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Jonny b