GI: BakerBM Parts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI: BakerBM Parts
Ok thank you mate, i was just checking Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Is that bongo/Matt or Matt/Matt?

I'm not fussed either way, just want to know when to man the postbox!? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Scott, as per our discussion at ace, shall I ring Stuart direct myself at the same time as organising the rear arms or do you need to sort it out yourself through him?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Everything has been posted out now Smile Jamie, Matt, you should receive yours on Monday, as should Mark and Jonny7966546326&^%&*(57890876543245768#8p0987965q.

Southerners who ordered beam mounts, I'll bring them next week to Matt's next weekend for anyone that's going to be there? Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks again scott top man Big Grin

Thanks given by:
cheers mate!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 07:21 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: cheers mate!

I assume that they are sat at the post office in Grange mate, I missed the postman on sat and got home to find a card through the door (arse) Dodgy

The Mrs is on it today Tongue so providing thats what it is then your more than welcome to come and get them later Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Nice one Scott, will confirm in here once I have received mine.
Thanks given by:
Were these sent via ParcelForce do you know Scott?

If so, mine came today and I missed the delivery but I can collect them from the local PO tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
I've also had a delivery from ParcelForce so I'm guessing that's them Smile
Thanks given by:
Ooh me and my nephew are sooo looking foward to the 4th now!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still nothing for me Sad

Thanks given by:
Ah I see, I took it that they were getting posted to you and then posting on to us after. Either way, I've got mine now as I collected them after work so thanks again for sorting this Scott as a couple of second hand sets have come up in the mean time and these were still cheaper!!

Fingers crossed they turn up soon for puglove though as can't wait to get these fitted Smile
Thanks given by:
No problem buddy Smile I noticed a few being sold on the 6 forum for over £150! We did well Wink

Jamie keep me updated on yours
Thanks given by:
Don't want to sound stupid but I know nothing about cars, and was wondering what these actually do? Smile
Thanks given by:
It's not stupid at all Smile There's some more info on the first page (post 10). But anyway, the rear beam mounts on 306s are rubber, which means they flex and allows for passive rear steering, however they do wear and you'll find that when they're worn your car will feel a bit tail happy under heavy braking and can oversteer fairly unpredictably. Replacing the mounts helps with this, but the solid ones remove the passive rear steering and allow more controllable lift off oversteer, as well as making it easier to brake from high speeds in a straight line.
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Got these this morning. They were left with next door yesterday. Woop long weekend this weekend so will be getting these fitted Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I fitted my gear links on Monday night during the rain, took way longer to get the old ones off than it took to fit the new ones but what a fooking difference! It no longer feels like its in neutral when its actually in gear Rofl
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I'll fit mine when it's NOT raining, much better!

Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 12:27 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I'll fit mine when it's NOT raining, much better!

Rain didn't really effect fitting them much as I was in the garage and the roof over the garage tends to be quite a good shield against the rain Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Did you just take the battery box out mark or did you do it from underneath?
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 05:53 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Did you just take the battery box out mark or did you do it from underneath?

I did it without removing anything......but then I don't have any airbox or intake piping in the way Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Battery out it is then lol
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2012, 02:13 PM)mark_airey Wrote: Rain didn't really effect fitting them much as I was in the garage and the roof over the garage tends to be quite a good shield against the rain Tongue

FYC, I can't get my car in the garage, there's a boat in the way!

Thanks given by:
Fitted my beam mounts today its like a totaly different car. I really like them Big Grin

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bakerbm solid mounts 306clot 2 1,983 09-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: 306clot
  BakerBM Grp.N Engine Torque Reactor (lower mount) RetroPug 5 1,743 30-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  BakerBM Solid Rear Beam Mounts Scott 37 7,640 09-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Jonny b