GI: BakerBM Parts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI: BakerBM Parts
Just a thread to gauge interest on some of the parts currently supplied by BakerBM.

Myself and Grant are interested in their rear mounts, as I've had solid rear mounts before and like the way they drive, and at £130 for a normal set to the £155 for the BakerBM ones (which I've seen in person, they look amazing quality and very well fabricated). As said they're £155 retail, however if we can get a few more interested it might be possible to get a good discount on them and collect them at Pugfest next weekend.
http://bakerbm.com/306.php?data=suskit306a

I'm also planning on getting some gear linkages from them.
http://bakerbm.com/306.php?data=gearrods306

If we can get enough interest then we might be able to get them to agree to a bit of discount if we order in advance and collect them at Pugfest. If people want their parts but aren't at Pugfest then I'm sure we can sort something out with picking parts up for you and posting them out.

Taking into consideration the prices at FCS, I'd imagine the prices will be the same at Pugfest this weekend, and we may even be able to get a little more off:

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Im interested in an engine mount set

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I do quite fancy some engine mounts. Are theirs solid or stiff rubber?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scott, 155 is plus vat, but still a qualty pproduct that is very well made. Used to have a set on my old hdi

Bought a set of monts at fcs and had a chat with the guy on the stall.
I'll be ordering a set of rear mounts at some point, but got to pay off a few other things first.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah that's a good point. Well they were doing them for £150 at FCS, so I'm guessing if we can get a group buy on we might be able to knock another tenner or so off. Especially if we're ordering a good number of parts at the same time.

Chris I don't think they're completely solid, just very stiff rubber.

D@wson are you going to Pugfest? Smile
Thanks given by:
ive got bbm stuff all over my 205 and its great Big Grin
cant recomend them enough
Thanks given by:
For everyone thinking of engine mounts, If any one is considering putting them on a daily driver id recomend going out in a 306 that has some, iv recently fitted some to my 6 and it sends alot of vibrations through the car.

Scott: could you give me a little info on how the beam mounts handle? i could well be interested but iv heard you loose some of the characteristic's of how a 306 handles? when would you be looking to place an order?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Puglove, am well aware of that as I used to have Group N mounts on my gti6. Worth noting for the inexperienced though and powerflex mounts are nothing compared to solid rubber/solid billet mounts.

I need them to tighten the front up though. Can't have that engine wobbling about in there...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive got bbm already fitted says bbm on the mounts but the gear box one is nackerd. id be intrested in just this the gear box mount if possable Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 07:19 PM)puglove Wrote: Scott: could you give me a little info on how the beam mounts handle? i could well be interested but iv heard you loose some of the characteristic's of how a 306 handles? when would you be looking to place an order?
Some may disagree as you do lose the passive rear steering, but many people who have them fitted comment on how much more predictable they are, and controllable too. They help with keeping the car straight under heavy braking, and on cornering you have better control over lift off oversteer, as you will still get it at high speed/rpms, but then back on the throttle again as usual and it's all under control.

Replacing with OE mounts will be a good idea anyway bearing in mind if you are replacing not to get the standard ECP/GSF jobbies, apparently they supply the same stiffness -giggidy- mounts for all 306s, but they're made for the 1.4 so they aren't as stiff as they should be for a GTi-6.

Take a look here Wink http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread....922&page=1
Thanks given by:
Everyone is just describing the problems im having, especially on the breaking side of things im have some sketchy moments, and with 4 pots in the pipe line this is prob a good idea, And being a 38k car its not like my current mounts are shagged or anything, Right if all goes well and you place an order after 18th next month im up for it mate.

Thanks given by:
Even still mate, even though it's only on 38k the rubbers can still perish Smile

Well this group buy is potentially to get everything for Pugfest next week. If we do get some stuff though, I'll try to have a chat with Stewart and see if we can get a forum discount on the go year round, so even if people miss out now there may still be things further down the pipeline.
Thanks given by:
Alright mate nice one, cheers

Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 07:40 PM)puglove Wrote: Everyone is just describing the problems im having, especially on the breaking side of things im have some sketchy moments, and with 4 pots in the pipe line this is prob a good idea, And being a 38k car its not like my current mounts are shagged or anything, Right if all goes well and you place an order after 18th next month im up for it mate.

Time generally takes it's toll on a car more than mileage I find!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I want rear beam mounts, if we can get a ballpark figure then I can start counting my pennies
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
They were £150 at FCS, so I'd say that's our starting point Smile

It might be cheaper if Niall offers a banana , which I don't doubt he will.
Thanks given by:
Right okay. I'll have to get back to you next week of that's cool? See how much I've sold of the xsFAIL before then
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 07:55 PM)Scott Wrote: They were £150 at FCS, so I'd say that's our starting point Smile

It might be cheaper if Niall offers a banana , which I don't doubt he will.

As per usual, if I think I'm going to get something out of it, he will have no say in the matter Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lmao
Thanks given by:
I would be interested in the gear linkages scott if you can get them at the FCS price or better Smile you could even post them with the coloured tubes that I stupidly forgot about!

(23-06-2012, 07:22 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Puglove, am well aware of that as I used to have Group N mounts on my gti6. Worth noting for the inexperienced though and powerflex mounts are nothing compared to solid rubber/solid billet mounts.

I need them to tighten the front up though. Can't have that engine wobbling about in there...

Mate seriously do not fit solid engine mounts to the XUD, it will vibrate the whole car apart, ask ruan, his was so bad that he removed it again as it was actually shaking his dash apart!!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Is that 150 + vat Scott? How much are the engine mount kits as well
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah that's a point, he did mention solid mounts made his dash fall apart lol

Mark that's cool, I'm sure we can sort something out. Maybe even better than FCS press considering what Grant managed to blag his for...
Thanks given by:
Considering they're £155 at retail, I would like to hope we could see about the £130 mark with enough interest...

The engine mounts are a 'stiffer' rubber. Sod having welded engine mounts! lol, that would be tragic.
I will be buying the engine mount kit, and the rear beam kit, so hopefully I may get a little discount...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Right, for Pugfest only:

Scott: Rear beam mounts, gear linkages
Grant: Engine mounts, rear beam mounts
Mark_Airey: Gear linkages

Also Grant, they retail at £155 plus VAT, making it £186 for a set buddy.
Thanks given by:
How much is the engine mount kit?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
£88 on the site Niall, so as per Scotts latest post I would assume thats plus VAT

Scott: Doh! more money lol, I should read stuff properly...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2012, 08:32 PM)Scott Wrote: Ah that's a point, he did mention solid mounts made his dash fall apart lol

Mark that's cool, I'm sure we can sort something out. Maybe even better than FCS press considering what Grant managed to blag his for...

Me also, plus I managed to blag my way into having the ones that where on show haha he cut them off the stand and gave me discount. Winnar!
Thanks given by:
Awesome.

Jonny that's £150 total.

Engine mounts...not 100% but they were sub-£70 cash at FCS I believe?
Thanks given by:
Got my solid engine mounts for £80 at fcs and he chucked in a gear link clip I needed also.

Just hope they won't be too bad in the hdi.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will let you know on Thursday about engine mounts. Probably s yes!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bakerbm solid mounts 306clot 2 1,991 09-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: 306clot
  BakerBM Grp.N Engine Torque Reactor (lower mount) RetroPug 5 1,746 30-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  BakerBM Solid Rear Beam Mounts Scott 37 7,642 09-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Jonny b