Idle increase when in traffic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle increase when in traffic
As per title when I leave the car idling and the temperature starts to go above 80 the idle increases. I've disconnected the cold start cable and set up the idle screws so both on by a thread yet still the idle increases Sad what could it be?

Thanks
Joe
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Mine does exactly the same, it's the throttle cable expanding it seems, put your foot under the pedal and yank back and see if it drops... Mine does exactly this, must be the cable getting tighter, if you put the cable holder back a notch, it stops...

Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just run cable 1 notch slacker...must be silly tight at idle if the heat is effecting the throttle...you wont notice a single notch ...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahh I get you I was thinking that as I need to cut down my cable its massive I'l move it along a notch thanks Smile. Ruan I thought I was the only one just did that I'm always trying to hook my foot under the pedal haha.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Haha nope, mine does it all the time, but it has to otherwise you get shit throttle response for the first bit you press the pedal which I cannot stand...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: