XUD boat business - help (Rowell/Lobb?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD boat business - help (Rowell/Lobb?)
(23-06-2012, 11:36 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Yes you need a box....that's not what I meant....the box is already on the boat in most cases....as boats have totally different kinda box / drive...so its not normally a concern as you just hook up the prop to the motor...

I think, what this build is going to be, is a complete custom jobby - brand new fibreglassed models and everything - BUT then again, if there is a way of finding a decent box - again, i've never looke into maritime box's Huh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
http://www.betamarine.co.uk/seagoing/bet...05the.html

The box off something like that would do, assuming you'd be looking at stage 1 power.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
why do you want to use the cars gearbox??
as said use a standard transfer box you get on the boat already, afterall the engine is the only thing you want to convert?

Problem lies mating the engine to the box, custom fly would be needed, better getting it all balanced then.
For example my stepdads perkins 4108 engined seamaster is linked to the box with a * arrangement of six bearings which slots into 6 holes in flywheel (hard to explain but i can picture it, having to remove box 3 times from the darn thing!)

Can imagine this would be very easy on a freshwater river cruiser cooling wise, although custom sump would also be needed to stop the xuds lean affecting weight distribution, mind you this could be counteracted with batteries placed on the other side
Thanks given by: