Warning: Bypassing the Heater Matrix - DON'T DO IT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Bypassing the Heater Matrix - DON'T DO IT!
(21-05-2014, 06:31 AM)Sambarker Wrote:
(21-05-2014, 12:06 AM)toseland Wrote: cold XUD owners? haha

the heater on my vitara is about as effective as lighting a tealight on the passanger seat in winter..

will be interestingt o pull the dash apart and see how the heater matrix differs in mine

It's the small radiator which becomes an issue on the Vitara as soon as you start tuning. Your heaters will be constantly on hot!

the radiator on the commercial is markedly bigger.. however ia m still looking at fitting a 300tdi radiator, as they are muchos chilly, and more than large enough to deal with the added heat of tweaking the turbo etc.

i have 2 pacet fans on there at the moment so they should help keep it cool for the time being
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I had a Vitara commercial which I fit a bosch and tweaked turbo etc. I had to have a fan on the front and back of the rad working almost all the time to keep it cool if you were working the engine
Thanks given by:
looking at a 300tdi radiator to retrofit.. fits in the gap, core size is about 30% larger,... win
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
undefined
Thanks given by:
Wynn's Radiator Stop Leak 325ml £3.59 for the lazy man
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2014, 08:52 AM)kelvsere Wrote: Wynn's Radiator Stop Leak 325ml £3.59 for the stupid idiot

EFA . . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
less stupid than eggs .... they only last a couple of days
Thanks given by:
I want to marinise my 2ltr H D I engine, no radiator, no heater matrix. How critical is the cooling on this engine? Thanks in advance for help.
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 05:45 PM)alruss Wrote: I want to marinise my 2ltr H D I engine, no radiator, no heater matrix. How critical is the cooling on this engine? Thanks in advance for help.

Air cooled ftw? Impossible AFAIK
Thanks given by:
Surely you could just keep the water pump and have the 2 rad hoses routed to the sea? But then it might need bleeding everytime it goes into the water. Hdi's dont make tonnes of heat though, not like an xud anyway.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
A heat exchanger in sea water might work, but doubt you want salt water running round your internals, never mind all the actual crap that's actually floating about in the sea
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2014, 09:00 AM)kelvsere Wrote: less stupid than eggs .... they only last a couple of days

That's like saying stabbing yourself in the arm is less stupid than stabbing yourself in the leg. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  96 Dt Heater Matrix pipes KilianManning 3 1,838 30-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Heater matrix help no heat :-( pioneer DJ paddy 6 1,997 24-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Broken heater matrix pipes anto 6 2,784 28-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Last Post: daveylennon93