That fuel screw 'hingy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That fuel screw 'hingy
Right so... bash bash bash and the anti tamper cover is off. Wound the screw in four turns and yep, it feels pokier.

Seems to clean up the smoke when on boost but theres a fair bit when off boost, even with an LDA grind. Is there much I can do about that now? Especially as I haven't touched the wastegate yet, sure that'll see me hit 25psi or so but that won't help smoke lower in the revs, will it?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Alot of it will just be learning to be more progressive with the throttle as you will be used to driving an na petrol. you can fiddle with the starwheel under the lda cap though. 4 bolts to remove the lid, twist the lda pin out, remove the big spring and then get a screwdriver on the splines on the outside of the spring seat and wind it up/anti-clockwise say 3 turns and go from there winding it up or down a bit after test drives to suit.
Thanks given by:
Pfft, progressive with the throttle my arse. Foot's either off or on Wink

So what you're saying is... more fuel?
Thanks given by:
You will need to get used to operating the throttle pedal, as on / off with lively VE is a bad plan for bogging / lag
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
NEVER!

What can I say? I'm not REALLY a derv head.. Wink
Thanks given by:
What i said about the lda/starwheel adjustment means that the spring seats higher up, therefore puts more pre-load on the lda pin, which means it doesnt drop down as easy/needs more boost/pressure in order to drop all the way down. so basically, means the pin doesnt drop all the way down (giving full fuelling) at like 5 psi, it means it needs more like 15 psi until it fully drops.
Thanks given by:
Definetly lda settings makes allot of difference! The t25 was blowing clean on and off boost with the k14 settings. Adjusted the lda settings and transformed it kicked fuel in when needed. Iv found allot of people don't even touch lda spring!

Cars going on dyno session tomorow to fine tune the lda and few other things il post up what I get
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
You soon get used to not bogging it...

I'm tempted frankly to go with an NA pump, I'm so used to controlling it anyway!!!

100% standard LDA system FTW!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No smoke easily is what common rail is for, its the difference between a man, and...welll....a CR driver Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main Fuel Screw and Idle Speed ally406 6 1,721 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Radiator bleed screw/ tap vanished, possible better solution simonh 4 1,413 09-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: simonh