If you like MTB... watch this!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you like MTB... watch this!
(22-06-2012, 09:31 PM)Niall Wrote: I almost bought a big hit but after riding a few I really wasnt impressed!! Would rather of bought a kinda stinky (almost did... It was cheap haha)

See I find that the Kona DH bikes feel really heavy to ride and really hard work to ride compared to my big shit, lol

For what they cost when I got mine compared to other decent DH frames it was a no brainer TBH, it is a totally different to ride bike with the shivers on compared to the super 't' forks that were on it before that Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I just can't stand 4-bar... FSR really isn't that bad...

4-bar you waste literally all of your pedal power in bouncing everywhere... I just find they feel VERY clunky...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Good way to describe it, if you pedal smooth on the FSR I find that they squat and then just grip, but i love the fact you keep working suspension while powering along, ever ridden an orange? rear suspension just sorta stops working when you pedal lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 11:35 PM)Ruan Wrote: Ehhh not a fan of the Demo 8 in all honesty... felt too big and cumbersome, if I was paying THAT much more than a BigHit, I'd want something that isn't just a tarted up BigHit..

Do like the SX Trails, really nice to ride...

Fair play. If your just hucking off of stuff onto the flat though, epic frame, loads of travel. Just as you say, it weighs a bomb. I rode it down a xc course, and TBF i didnt find it too bad for a DH frame. Obv a xc frame would have been more suited, but as far as long travel full sus frames go, it wasnt as much of a dogs dinner as i first expected...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Epic riding there.

Got myself a Turner Rail and a Giant NRS.
Really need to get back out and riding again.

[Image: DSC00331.jpg]

Got a matching rear wheel for it now along with some Fox's and a Fox rear shock

Alex, What sort of riding do you do as I may have to get the bikes down to Southampton and go for a ride some when.

And Niall I think I have a set of those Z1 Sports on the turner that is getting replaced with some fox's.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like Akriggs stuff, epically smooth, Macaskills pretty awesome too:

Used to be some light free-ride/hardcore xc, with a bit of bsx and dirt jumps. Went back to look for some of the old spots recently and they're all gone or ruined, mostly been built on tbh. Sad Better get the bike back to a respectable condition if you're up for a ride lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yea why not, I'll get the NRS sorted this week some time.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had no idea so many people on here were into bikes as well!

I've got a Specialized P2 which I rode on most of the routes in this video (taken around the same time I was there - just before the World Champs in 2005)...skip to 2:50 or so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N844aJToyFU

I've also got a WeThePeople 4Seasons and a custom Federal BMX with some nice shiny Profile Racing bits, plus a hell of a lot of racing parts which I do need to build back up to get back on track.
Thanks given by:
Once my bike is built we need to arrange a ride!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Is that you in the Alps video scott?

How did you find it on a hardtail? Everytime I've had an oppertunity to go I have not had a full sus so never bothered...

I sense a 306oc alps MTB trip on the Horizon lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Well just ordered some more bits for the bike Smile
I'm well up for a alps trip next year. Could even drive for a epic all in one trip Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Feck me that sounds like a good plan Smile

Better hope we make it there, what with owning 306's lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Better start saving for a full sus again then. Just broke it apart to make a hardtail from the bits and bobs.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 07:36 PM)Grant Wrote: Is that you in the Alps video scott?

How did you find it on a hardtail? Everytime I've had an oppertunity to go I have not had a full sus so never bothered...

I sense a 306oc alps MTB trip on the Horizon lol
Nah that wasn't me buddy Smile We did the same routes though, once in the absolute pissing rain, got drenched, had to use the hose at the bottom of the track to clean the mud off the bike, then off ourselves lol

To be honest, it was seriously tough. I have standard discs on the p2, which means I was using cabled discs Doh Plus the bike's not built for doing some fairly heavy downhill (looks pretty tame in the video, I can assure it's not!). That said, I had a f*cking blast and I'd do it again with no hesitation. We did manage to keep up with some of the full sus guys and even overtook a couple at some points, so either we were hooning or they were a bit shit lol We also did the course which was used in the downhill champs that year, that was even harder to do. I don't know if you ever go rock climbing but after we finished the course our arms were seriously pumped, same as if you've just done a long session at climbing. That was after a single run.

I'd genuinely be interested in a 306oc to the Alps weekend/week. Summer or winter, I'm up for boarding or biking! I have a 4 bike rack which fits to a towbar so we could get everyone in the cars without loss of space due to bikes!
Thanks given by:
Next summer? Go for 5 days or something. It can be quite cheap if we cn get 5-8 of us In a chalet.

Might put a build thread up on my bike in a bit Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I've got a boot rack too that fits 2 bikes.

I reckon we could do it for £250 a head, petrol, uplifts, food and accomodation. Then beer on top. I wont be drinking loads though if we are going to be biking every day

(24-06-2012, 07:57 PM)Scott Wrote: Nah that wasn't me buddy Smile We did the same routes though, once in the absolute pissing rain, got drenched, had to use the hose at the bottom of the track to clean the mud off the bike, then off ourselves lol

To be honest, it was seriously tough. I have standard discs on the p2, which means I was using cabled discs Doh Plus the bike's not built for doing some fairly heavy downhill (looks pretty tame in the video, I can assure it's not!). That said, I had a f*cking blast and I'd do it again with no hesitation. We did manage to keep up with some of the full sus guys and even overtook a couple at some points, so either we were hooning or they were a bit shit lol We also did the course which was used in the downhill champs that year, that was even harder to do. I don't know if you ever go rock climbing but after we finished the course our arms were seriously pumped, same as if you've just done a long session at climbing. That was after a single run.

I'd genuinely be interested in a 306oc to the Alps weekend/week. Summer or winter, I'm up for boarding or biking! I have a 4 bike rack which fits to a towbar so we could get everyone in the cars without loss of space due to bikes!

I had the same at the dragon downhill in wales. Had a mech front disc, 160mm and it overheated to the point it didnt work. Went hooning down the course, past everyone and made it to the bottom in one peice thank god. Everyone thought that I was some kind of fearless hero. Truth told i had no choice of carrying on, but i let them beleive i was godlike eitherway lmao

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
lmao That's awesome. We should definitely get some sessions on towards the end of summer. At the moment is definitely a no-no for me considering I've got nearly £450 to spend on the car in the next couple of months. Once that's done I'd be a little more interested in getting some shiny shiny bits for the bike.

I definitely think we should work out the cost of doing a proper trip over there next year. We could also swing by the Peugeot Museum on the way!
Thanks given by:
Well theres the Epsom trails by me (literally spitting distance from my house. I could stand in my front garden and lob a tennis ball onto the track) and then boxhill has some epic trails. Leith hill and holmbury hill too. Got the surrey downs, south street, chicksands is about an hour away from me. Could get some mini meets on the go. Got Leatherhead trails, Jimmy pratt's ones that is, and hills over in dorking. Fair bit to choose from here...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
http://gorunandride.co.uk/Events/Run-Rid...er-Classic
Anyone else up for that?
Cannock is an ace place to ride. Has a campsite too Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Right well I've just bought loads of bike bits......we need to arrange a visit to chicksands soon Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 08:57 PM)Niall Wrote: Right well I've just bought loads of bike bits......we need to arrange a visit to chicksands soon Big Grin

Pics or GTFO.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 08:59 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(24-06-2012, 08:57 PM)Niall Wrote: Right well I've just bought loads of bike bits......we need to arrange a visit to chicksands soon Big Grin

Pics or GTFO.

Give me 15 and I'm going to stick a progress blog up
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 09:01 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-06-2012, 08:59 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:

Pics or GTFO.

Give me 15 and I'm going to stick a progress blog up

Winrar.
I've stuck one up although it's pretty much build now. Never stops me adding new shiney bits though Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  you got to watch this lmao craig306 0 918 13-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Last Post: craig306
  Watch Ariel build an Atom Dum-Dum 2 1,456 25-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  What the hell did i just watch?! Pugmarshall 7 2,609 15-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Alee83